Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Anyone at that meet the manager thing for the sponsors? Anything worth noting? 

Yes and no., in that order.

I was hoping someone would ask the questions which have been raised on here a few times, ie:

Why did we end the transfer window with a much smaller squad than we started it? Has the budget been cut? What was the problem with Tidser and why did we let him go?  Why do you keep playing shite players like (insert names beginning with Dur, Sam or Tel).

It was a pleasant evening and M&M spoke well, as they always do. But the folk who turned up didn't grill the management or ask them any difficult questions.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

These people must know what they are doing but to me it does seem strange. I would have thought job opportunities at a football club the size of St Mirren would be limited. Unless it's purely for training purposes but then wouldn't they be doing this anyway without spending the charity's cash on shares in a football club?   

"Crucially, this partnership will help change the lives of some of the most vulnerable young people in Scotland – by allowing us to step up our young workforce development programme to provide training and job opportunities based around the club’s facilities and operations.”

Yes and no., in that order.
I was hoping someone would ask the questions which have been raised on here a few times, ie:
Why did we end the transfer window with a much smaller squad than we started it? Has the budget been cut? What was the problem with Tidser and why did we let him go?  Why do you keep playing shite players like (insert names beginning with Dur, Sam or Tel).
It was a pleasant evening and M&M spoke well, as they always do. But the folk who turned up didn't grill the management or ask them any difficult questions.

As I said earlier - meet the manager selfie night.

Just have a proper event that is not restricted. M&M have nothing but credit in the bank so nothing to fear for them and I would bet they would be delighted to do it.

These people must know what they are doing but to me it does seem strange. I would have thought job opportunities at a football club the size of St Mirren would be limited. Unless it's purely for training purposes but then wouldn't they be doing this anyway without spending the charity's cash on shares in a football club?   
 "Crucially, this partnership will help change the lives of some of the most vulnerable young people in Scotland – by allowing us to step up our young workforce development programme to provide training and job opportunities based around the club’s facilities and operations.”

Loads of grants will be available to organisations that train and re-skill people.

They won’t have done this without an upside.

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Loads of grants will be available to organisations that train and re-skill people.

They won’t have done this without an upside.

It strikes me as a way to host events tied in, hiring opportunities at the team and stadia, educational opportunities in management and operations, an attraction to disaffected youth, a way to offer incentives to youth being assisted through admission etc, lots of tie ins. Might just be a very smart move, and I'd expect SPFL to have their toes in with an opportuity for good publicity.

I can't get onto falkirk TV. after I tried to log on with my son's switch. I'm getting a message saying something called WordPress has limited my access and I can't get on at all. Anyone had this before?

I can't get onto falkirk TV. after I tried to log on with my son's switch. I'm getting a message saying something called WordPress has limited my access and I can't get on at all. Anyone had this before?

Get in touch with them on Twitter or email [email protected] and they’ll get you sorted

Someone's it gives you a timeout if you try to log in too many times I think.

2 very good wins against 2 in form sides this week in Montrose and East Fife.

Youd think that would mean wed be in a better position in the league and an easier run coming however raith and airdrie keep on winning.

our last two games of the 3rd quarter are against clyde and raith away. raith have dumbarton away and us at home. we've lost against clyde this season and by all accounts they should have probably beaten raith today or drawn. my additional fear is we play clyde without McManus and I cant remember when sammon last scored (6 all season is a poor return for a team whove scored nearly 50).

raith seem not to be playing that well yet grinding out results so not sure if that will catch up with them or it's their year.

with raith at home against us, and us away at hoodoo clyde without McManus I'd say raith are favourites to be top going into the final round of games. if we are still within 1 point after the next 2 games that wouldn't be a disaster

So after today we are down to a bare bones squad if not a squad unable to fill the bench. This could be a deciding moment in how the season pans out

So after today we are down to a bare bones squad if not a squad unable to fill the bench. This could be a deciding moment in how the season pans out

Utterly incompetent we have allowed this to happen. We were always going to get suspensions and injuries.

4 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

I think we pointed this one out last week or the week before, someone needs there arse kicked for this one

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think we pointed this one out last week or the week before, someone needs there arse kicked for this one

M and M. The funds were there. Genuinely laughable decision 

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

2 very good wins against 2 in form sides this week in Montrose and East Fife.

Youd think that would mean wed be in a better position in the league and an easier run coming however raith and airdrie keep on winning.

our last two games of the 3rd quarter are against clyde and raith away. raith have dumbarton away and us at home. we've lost against clyde this season and by all accounts they should have probably beaten raith today or drawn. my additional fear is we play clyde without McManus and I cant remember when sammon last scored (6 all season is a poor return for a team whove scored nearly 50).

raith seem not to be playing that well yet grinding out results so not sure if that will catch up with them or it's their year.

with raith at home against us, and us away at hoodoo clyde without McManus I'd say raith are favourites to be top going into the final round of games. if we are still within 1 point after the next 2 games that wouldn't be a disaster

Clyde looked excellent today. Missed two or three sitters in the first 35 minutes before we showed up, and even then, they constantly delivered pressure. Goodwillie was a serious threat all day, and his late cross should have been absolutely buried, if not for a massive save by Thomson. At Clyde, without McManus, it'll be a tough match for you. I might even hope for a cancellation, that way McManus could skip our game instead, eh?

Edited by TxRover

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

This might be a time where we need to get a free agent to try and tide us through to the end of season, but then we shouldnt have been in this position in the first place. I dont think M and M are naive enough to think 18 would make do to the end of season unless there was pressure from higher up in the club.

Is Lex still in charge of footballing matters ?

Suspension aside, this week has been an important gut check for us which we have passed. Pleasing. After the red card if felt a bit greedy hoping Clyde held out.

Yes, Lex is still in charge. That’s why it’s the way it is wrt player numbers. It’s another of those unfathomable appointments made by the astute people on the MSG. It’s like they collectively have this huge blind spot that continually allows idiots to play at being movers and shakers.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

We keep hearing from a few that funds were there but if that was the case why have we waited till the pool of players available has shrunk to being next to no one ?

Telfer injured today, possibly Todd and a suspension doesnt add up why we have went with the bare bones