The Falkirk FC Thread

On 30/01/2020 at 12:04, Mevilc Bairn said:

Was it Jock Brown saying something like "each one better than the one before it" in a 3 nil pumping of Airdrie at Broomfield. Great TV quote as well

Yeah, Stainrod, Gunner and a Sammy McGivern diving header was the standout for me.

Edited by bairney

14 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

From BBC Sport:

The SPFL has warned Scottish clubs there is no pot of money to help them should games have to be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus.

Various competitions across Europe have either had fixtures postponed or played without spectators. 

No matches in Scotland have yet been affected but the SPFL warned last week of "dire financial consequences". 

The league body has written to clubs "advising them to examine their insurance arrangements".

A statement added: "This is particularly important as the SPFL does not hold reserves. Every single penny of income from sponsorships, broadcast deals and cup revenue is already paid to the clubs as fees."

The SPFL also said it would be guided by instructions from the Chief Medical Officer for Scotland, while the Scottish FA says it is continuing to monitor the situation daily.

Looks inevitable that it will be closed door games as only solution. Alternative would be to confirm league winners/relegation now. That should be fun -

1. Rangers allowing the inevitable  Celtic as league winners 

2. Everybody hates Hearts so na brainer 

3. Everybody hates us so no brainer.

The rest of leagues basically take care of itself, some interesting times......

One would hope that the rules on broadcasting Falkirk TV and similar from other clubs to those in the UK would be relaxed so people could pay to watch the game that way.  Would at least give the clubs some money from closed doors games. 

44 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

According to latest news English FA ready to implement  all remaining games are played behind closed doors. No games to be shown in pubs and only option would be aimed at private streaming ( not sure how this would be done ) anyway assuming our governing body’s will be told to follow same. Just waiting on UK issuing lock down which will basically keep us at home. Drastic situation developing....

Anyone sure how many League One sides even have the basic ability to stream (usually with volunteers)? I count Falkirk, Raith, East Fife and (perhaps) Dumbarton and Airdrie. Theoretically, IF internet connections were available and IF the volunteers could travel and IF they are healthy and IF they...

This has the makings of a fiasco similar to what is unfolding I  the U.S. right now.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Anyone sure how many League One sides even have the basic ability to stream (usually with volunteers)? I count Falkirk, Raith, East Fife and (perhaps) Dumbarton and Airdrie. Theoretically, IF internet connections were available and IF the volunteers could travel and IF they are healthy and IF they...

This has the makings of a fiasco similar to what is unfolding I  the U.S. right now.

Can't see Dumbarton being able to stream. No volunteers or equipment.

I do enjoy all of the endless talking heads that in particular, Sky News roll out with their sage advice to work from home. I am sure guys who work offshore but who are on field break will be delighted. Their back to backs much less so.

Some fabrication engineers might find it a bit difficult getting a lathe or a CNC machine into their garden sheds.

It’s amazing how many of these nuggets think “work” involves nothing beyond typing into a computer.

Stopping feeds to pubs is quite easy as they are all on completely different contracts to the domestic ones, and signals can be killed very quickly.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

According to latest news English FA ready to implement  all remaining games are played behind closed doors. No games to be shown in pubs and only option would be aimed at private streaming ( not sure how this would be done ) anyway assuming our governing body’s will be told to follow same. Just waiting on UK issuing lock down which will basically keep us at home. Drastic situation developing....

I've been working from home the last 2 days under the instructions of my employer, expecting it to be extended for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully the SFA, or whoever,  will relax the broadcasting rules and if FTV were willing then the stream will be open to UK based subscribers at a cost. Can definitely see the games being played behind closed doors, unless a team(s) are under quarantine.

I do enjoy all of the endless talking heads that in particular, Sky News roll out with their sage advice to work from home. I am sure guys who work offshore but who are on field break will be delighted. Their back to backs much less so.

Some fabrication engineers might find it a bit difficult getting a lathe or a CNC machine into their garden sheds.

It’s amazing how many of these nuggets think “work” involves nothing beyond typing into a computer.

Stopping feeds to pubs is quite easy as they are all on completely different contracts to the domestic ones, and signals can be killed very quickly.
Pubs will just find a way to stream it

Whatever policy they come up with, there will be loads of ways in which it can be ripped to pieces for being ineffective. For example, is Braehead shopping centre a gathering of more than 500 people? Will it being expected to close? Of course not.

Sturgeon saying it’s to protect front line services. It simply won’t work.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whatever policy they come up with, there will be loads of ways in which it can be ripped to pieces for being ineffective. For example, is Braehead shopping centre a gathering of more than 500 people? Will it being expected to close? Of course not.

Sturgeon saying it’s to protect front line services. It simply won’t work.

Congratulations, this was our 5000th post. You have won your choice of a face mask, hand sanitiser or bog roll.

1 hour ago, champions said:

I've been working from home the last 2 days under the instructions of my employer, expecting it to be extended for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully the SFA, or whoever,  will relax the broadcasting rules and if FTV were willing then the stream will be open to UK based subscribers at a cost. Can definitely see the games being played behind closed doors, unless a team(s) are under quarantine.

Hopefully something like the above will happen with season ticket holders given free access or reduced cost. I'd guess the current Falkirk TV set up would for sure crash with the increase in users, they perhaps would have to limit the access likewise the 500 crowd number.

We will all await our governing bodies ruling for the way forward 

Edited by MrDust