The Falkirk FC Thread

Can’t remember last time we had an opportunity ie big crowd, big social media, big game must win and we actually pulled it off.

Ross County last season.
It was results elsewhere on the day (and the months of dross from us previously) that put us down.

Ross County last season.
It was results elsewhere on the day (and the months of dross from us previously) that put us down.

That wasn’t the same thing. A “must win” game where winning still offers up more than one outcome doesn’t have anything like the jeopardy/reward of a “winner takes all” game.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5361864/chelsea-buy-scottish-club-fifa-loan-rules/

Chelsea looking into BUYING Scottish club in bid to beat new FIFA loan rules

Chelsea could send a whole team of teenagers, coached by their own staff, and play them at senior level in the SPFL.

Rather than loan out the players, they would let them join their partner club permanently — with a sell-on agreement if they move for a fee or have first option if they become good enough to move to Stamford Bridge.

The Blues have already looked deeply into one particular club, but have yet to commit until they check all of the details and snags that may arise.

Hmm. Who else is up for sale at the moment?

47 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Can’t remember last time we had an opportunity ie big crowd, big social media, big game must win and we actually pulled it off.

We tend to forget about them because of the subsequent result at Rugby Park, but the Bob McHugh winner against Hibs or even the first leg of the Killie game, where we scored in the 91st minute. Or maybe any of the victories over the club that died.

If you mean a winner-takes-all league game then it would have to be Higdon's winner at Inverness.

24 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

1. We arent that lucky

2. After our most recent loan from Chelsea Ruben Sammut we would be as well resigning ourselves to the 3rd tier permanently.

Pretty sure the reason Ashley didnt get involved with Sevco or couldnt buy them was because the SFA rules forbid any owner of another football club owning more than 9% of a Scottish club.

1. We arent that lucky
2. After our most recent loan from Chelsea Ruben Sammut we would be as well resigning ourselves to the 3rd tier permanently.

Pretty sure the reason Ashley didnt get involved with Sevco or couldnt buy them was because the SFA rules forbid any owner of another football club owning more than 9% of a Scottish club.

Unlucky surely?
If we were bought over by Chelsea that would be me finished with Falkirk Football Club....

Unlucky surely?
If we were bought over by Chelsea that would be me finished with Falkirk Football Club....
Suspect, maybe slowly, but I would drift away. No interest in being anything other than our own club. Stick yet feeder teams up yer arse. Scottish football should be looking to act to make sure this type of shit cant happen because our owners, like so many others, would be more than happy to flash their frillies at Chelsea in this scenario. Sickening actually to imagine what it would be like as big Lex et al sold the club down the river.

I remember this ' it's better to need 3 points than 1 in the final game..' pish when we went to Kilmarnock in the final game of 2010, then got relegated after... A 0-0 draw. It was stupid then, it gets no less stupid now. 

Requiring only a draw is much easier than playing for a win. Quite incredible this still needs to be said. 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Unlucky surely?

I was more thinking credible millionaires rather than a shyster like MC trying to take over.  There is a bit at the bottom of that article and saying its St Mirren they are looking at anyway (prob just gossip)

I remember this ' it's better to need 3 points than 1 in the final game..' pish when we went to Kilmarnock in the final game of 2010, then got relegated after... A 0-0 draw. It was stupid then, it gets no less stupid now. 

Requiring only a draw is much easier than playing for a win. Quite incredible this still needs to be said. 

Nothing arrogant in your response mate.

Psychology plays a big part in how teams perform and given the number of bottlers in our team the idea of us having to defend for 90 mins at home gives me the fear....

Oh and talking of Killie,let’s not forget what happened when we went into the promotion play off final defending a lead....

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Us needing a win on the last day in front of big crowd is a recipe for disaster. I get what you mean that only needing a draw might lead to us changing tactics and making an arse of it, but the bottom line is we havent been great at breaking down the better teams in the league and always make a c**t of it when the big crowds are in, but our defence is relatively solid in terms of goals conceded. I'd much rather they came with all the pressure on them, and if neither side can find their shooting boots then we are the ones who go up.

Give the club a bit of credit sir. We have had some big wins in front of big crowds over the years.

Don’t be so doom and gloom.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Give the club a bit of credit sir. We have had some big wins in front of big crowds over the years.

Don’t be so doom and gloom.

In recent times it's really only given me the fear tbh. And this collection of players deserve no comparison with the last ones to do well for us in front of big crowds. I dont think its doom and gloom. It seems to be a pretty common and often referred to thing on here. Whenever theres a big crowd and expectant atmosphere it tends to fall flat. 

FWIW if we do get to the last day in touch I'd probably fancy us to do whatever is needed to get past Raith

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

In recent times it's really only given me the fear tbh. And this collection of players deserve no comparison with the last ones to do well for us in front of big crowds. I dont think its doom and gloom. It seems to be a pretty common and often referred to thing on here. Whenever theres a big crowd and expectant atmosphere it tends to fall flat. 

FWIW if we do get to the last day in touch I'd probably fancy us to do whatever is needed to get past Raith

Well just wait and see mate.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Lol. Are you the record holder for posts ? 

Na dont think so. Theres a few above me. My time working away for 3 weeks at a time is at an end though so I doubt I will ever have quite as much time bored in front of a PC again, fingers crossed