Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh, that's all well and good and I'm sure the management would have been delighted to do so, as would we all, but where are we going to get players who will replace what's already there? As I said there's not a queue of them out there waiting for the call.

The alternative to signing Da Vita, Todd etc would have been to keep McLean, Tidser etc, and I've no doubt that you would have been very vocal about M&M's failure to recruit during the window if that had been the case.

I'm not having a go mate but things aren't just as simple as you seem to think.

We are where we are and the next 13 games are all that matters. What division we are in next season will decide what caliber of player we will get for next season.

The board have gone in to hiding after the MC fiasco. That is no surprise and it is obvious there is no long term business plan or strategy for the future in place.  At the best they look no further than the next season.

That was the club in the mid 70's and it ain't a nice place to be. Other clubs cast offs - No home produced players - Squad going through the motions with the ambition of not being relegated. 

Change will only come with change of ownership.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2020 at 12:31, Marshmallo said:

No chance are the Shire paying more than any side in the Championship. They'll have a couple of guys on a bit more than Stranraer are paying the majority of their squad but that budget is nowhere near any side at tier 2.

£600+ a week part time, at least 3 players on that. They’ve got an investor who is being benevolent in light of a life long shire fan is what I heard - from one of the players. 

We had players on that sort of money when in championship....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

£600+ a week part time, at least 3 players on that. They’ve got an investor who is being benevolent in light of a life long shire fan is what I heard - from one of the players. 

We had players on that sort of money when in championship....

Which players are on 600 a week or more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Change will only come with change of ownership.
 
 

Or a partial change of ownership might be enough to do the trick. If that were to happen, the newcomers would have to be up for doing the micro and the macro (which would be no bad thing).

Interesting that since the new chairman took the helm, and there was a wee hint of possibly something new, it all seems to have fallen into the same old pattern of zero communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change will only come with change of ownership.
 
 

Or a partial change of ownership might be enough to do the trick. If that were to happen, the newcomers would have to be up for doing the micro and the macro (which would be no bad thing).

Interesting that since the new chairman took the helm, and there was a wee hint of possibly something new, it all seems to have fallen into the same old pattern of zero communication.

Perhaps they’ve realised that pretty much every time they do communicate nowadays it’s a case of foot in mouth.
I’m quite enjoying the silence for a change....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Nicky Low, Bobby Barr and Peter MacDonald? 

Barr must have taken a pay cut to go to Forfar then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:


Change will only come with change of ownership.
 
 

Or a partial change of ownership might be enough to do the trick. If that were to happen, the newcomers would have to be up for doing the micro and the macro (which would be no bad thing).

Interesting that since the new chairman took the helm, and there was a wee hint of possibly something new, it all seems to have fallen into the same old pattern of zero communication.

The silence is deafening, and in my opinion the absolute shambles/debacle with the taxi driver, leaves us further detached and broken as a club. My guess is that they have tried to balance the books with paying off the Tidsers etc, resulting in the shallow squad.

Most likely praying we can get up with so low numbers. I don’t think there is any plan b, and interesting to here what manifests in the next few weeks, our most critical set of fixtures for many a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Ahead of our forthcoming titanic clash, does one have to pay to park at the stadium? 

You will probably find the answer is yes, but can you can get parked close enough using the college car park 5 min walk from there

Edited by AL-FFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The silence is deafening, and in my opinion the absolute shambles/debacle with the taxi driver, leaves us further detached and broken as a club. My guess is that they have tried to balance the books with paying off the Tidsers etc, resulting in the shallow squad.
Most likely praying we can get up with so low numbers. I don’t think there is any plan b, and interesting to here what manifests in the next few weeks, our most critical set of fixtures for many a season. 


The silence since MC was kicked out is not doing any good IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Nicky Low, Bobby Barr and Peter MacDonald? 

Proof that football fans will believe any old shite.

Bobby Barr on £600 a week :lol:

ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:


Change will only come with change of ownership.
 
 

Or a partial change of ownership might be enough to do the trick. If that were to happen, the newcomers would have to be up for doing the micro and the macro (which would be no bad thing).

Interesting that since the new chairman took the helm, and there was a wee hint of possibly something new, it all seems to have fallen into the same old pattern of zero communication.

The people in charge are business people that have a track record of success. What comes over them when they take charge of Falkirk resembles the Marx Brothers.

Make a statement on the clubs future.

Sound business plan with achievable goals in the planned timeline. The right people employed to achieve these objectives. KPI's ( key performance indicators ) so progress can be measured. Review - Revise - Action and back again so the business plan is on track.

St Johnstone are a template of a club comparable to Falkirk that got it correct. But we blew it, and my we did it is style.

It is going to be a long term plan if we are to get to their level. With unpopular decisions to be taken.

1. Promotion this season is a must and consolidate ourselves in the league. 

2. Youth policy to once again produce our own players. it will take 5-10 years but will be worth it.

3. Buy the stadium and surrounding land outright so the club has an asset it can borrow against in hard times and be a consistent income stream. At present every pound we spend a cut goes to the council and that has to change.  I read somewhere St Johnstone make a fortune on wedding receptions and funeral teas at their ground.

4. 4th Stand-Hotel-Health Spa etc only when we own the rest of the complex.

Appreciate this is not what many want to hear. But in the long term it is the correct thing to do.

Any thoughts ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Shire players being on £10  a week. But they made a good wage out of betting against themselves on the fixed odds coupon almost every week. (allegedly ;) )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just wondering, how are ticket prices this year versus last year at TFS?

They're the same I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I remember Shire players being on £10  a week. But they made a good wage out of betting against themselves on the fixed odds coupon almost every week. (allegedly ;) )

 

Always had a soft spot for Shire. They had a classic song. Shirie is a great wee team geeza goal=geezagoal-gezzagoal. If its fitba yer after ! don't go to Brockville. Shirie is a great wee tem geezagoal-geezagoal-geezagoal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The people in charge are business people that have a track record of success. What comes over them when they take charge of Falkirk resembles the Marx Brothers.

Make a statement on the clubs future.

Sound business plan with achievable goals in the planned timeline. The right people employed to achieve these objectives. KPI's ( key performance indicators ) so progress can be measured. Review - Revise - Action and back again so the business plan is on track.

St Johnstone are a template of a club comparable to Falkirk that got it correct. But we blew it, and my we did it is style.

It is going to be a long term plan if we are to get to their level. With unpopular decisions to be taken.

1. Promotion this season is a must and consolidate ourselves in the league. 

2. Youth policy to once again produce our own players. it will take 5-10 years but will be worth it.

3. Buy the stadium and surrounding land outright so the club has an asset it can borrow against in hard times and be a consistent income stream. At present every pound we spend a cut goes to the council and that has to change.  I read somewhere St Johnstone make a fortune on wedding receptions and funeral teas at their ground.

4. 4th Stand-Hotel-Health Spa etc only when we own the rest of the complex.

Appreciate this is not what many want to hear. But in the long term it is the correct thing to do.

Any thoughts ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Craig Campbell made a big thing of KPI's and mission statements which are ultimately meaningless when you're losing football matches. 

St. Johnstone's 'template' was Asda offering to buy their ground and being gifted land by a local farmer - can't think of any other club that had such luck tbh. 

I agree that we need to develop TFS but if we were copying St. Johnstone then we wouldn't bother... remember them wanting to demolish a stand in favour of a commuter link road! 

We're getting 4,000 in the 3rd tier but a lot of that is just offsetting the ridiculous stadium deal we've got and the council aren't going to give up that up unless we pay way over the odds! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...