The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

PS. Looking forward to Relegator Ritchies usual red dot as soon as we say anything positive about the club. Real supporter? Aye right....

Aye, nice try! 😂

There was a time when a comment like that would’ve given me high blood pressure. Thankfully nowadays, I don’t feel the need to justify myself to people of your ilk. Anyone who knows a thing about me will vouch for how much Falkirk means to me. That’s the reason I won’t accept it being ran into the ground any longer!

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

However because M & M inherited the team inside season, and we finish second, there are a number on here who would ditch them.
Unbelievable.

Just out of interest, can you find a post by anyone saying they'd get rid of M&M? It's not something I can recall anyone saying.

Aye, nice try! [emoji23]

There was a time when a comment like that would’ve given me high blood pressure. Thankfully nowadays, I don’t feel the need to justify myself to people of your ilk. Anyone who knows a thing about me will vouch for how much Falkirk means to me. That’s the reason I won’t accept it being ran into the ground any longer!

And what’s your solution to the problem?

We don’t have any alternative interested parties to my knowledge and given the last one I’d be concerned how much we can trust anyone now.

We don’t have the BtB option and there not going to raise 800k on the basis that much of the existing board remains in place and we stay in League One.

I’d say our best shot just now is to back the team we have just now (jeez I can’t stand some of the players we currently have), but spouting constant negativity isn’t going to change things for the better. It’s probably only going to continue to stifle our ability to progress from the ashes we are currently in...

Ps. I’m returning your red dot..[emoji16]

50 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Looking at the number of cases of COVID-19 in the uk and the numbers going up by about 50% each day I reckon we could have 100k cases in the Uk in just over two weeks.
Looking more and more like the season will end with games behind closed doors or possibly even postponed or cancelled completely....players can catch COVID-19 too.
We are in for a strange season end one way or another.....

Surely, we should just let people catch it and take the consequences.

Okay, the death rate is a bit higher than usual flu but all the disruption isn’t worth it.

if you get it, you get it!!

Life must go on.

Surely, we should just let people catch it and take the consequences.
Okay, the death rate is a bit higher than usual flu but all the disruption isn’t worth it.
if you get it, you get it!!
Life must go on.

I think that once we get past the delay phase we are in that’s what will happen.
Think the current plan is to delay it by a few weeks but pretty much hope of containment has gone...
PS. Those numbers could be way out depending on how much the delay actions work, but the impact on the league season is likely to be significant irrespective....

A couple of decent signings in the right positions during january and I reckon we would've won this league comfortably. Another striker, some pace and creativity in the middle of the park and we would've been fine. Unfortunately we got two slow as death midfielders and no striker.  Considering the amount of time m and m has to plan January they've made a right arse of it which worries me for the future.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A couple of decent signings in the right positions during january and I reckon we would've won this league comfortably. Another striker, some pace and creativity in the middle of the park and we would've been fine. Unfortunately we got two slow as death midfielders and no striker.  Considering the amount of time m and m has to plan January they've made a right arse of it which worries me for the future.

Causes me to wonder if MacLean was widely shopped for a loan or of JMcG went asking. He looks like what you wanted so far, was there any talk of him at FFC?

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Causes me to wonder if MacLean was widely shopped for a loan or of JMcG went asking. He looks like what you wanted so far, was there any talk of him at FFC?

Not as far as I'm aware. We should've punted Macmillan back and taken maclean.  He probably came up in conversation when you guys were sorting out Anderson's loan situation.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Good points Shadwell. Look at it from a prospective signings point of view. FFC Board - Do they stay or do they go ? Management - Are they fixtures for the length of the offered contract ? What is their record on how they treat their signings ? What is the plan for the progression of the club ? The answers to all these question reflect badly on FFC. If you are a young player wanting a chance there are better options. You would want stable working environment and that does not exist at the club.

Reflect on this - If we don't go up this season ( god forbid ) will M&M be at the club next season ? Doubt it !

Hendry came back (reportedly) despite a more lucrative offer because of the way the team and fans treated him. I suspect a lot of players look at Vaughan and how the club have backed him despite his injuries.

We’re finally seeing young talent (Bowie and Tait) push into the team and develop, and that encourages other players to consider us. The way the team treats players is noticed by the rest of the league, and especially other players.

Falkirk’s commitment to older, experienced players for this season is damaging, just like the loss of the Academy was and is. If next year is in the Championship, there will be less perceived chance of play by younger players, unless some form of farm team is created, but will the BoD be willing to spend...or will they want to be frugal again to recover their losses from higher revenue?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Hendry came back (reportedly) despite a more lucrative offer because of the way the team and fans treated him. I suspect a lot of players look at Vaughan and how the club have backed him despite his injuries.

We’re finally seeing young talent (Bowie and Tait) push into the team and develop, and that encourages other players to consider us. The way the team treats players is noticed by the rest of the league, and especially other players.

Falkirk’s commitment to older, experienced players for this season is damaging, just like the loss of the Academy was and is. If next year is in the Championship, there will be less perceived chance of play by younger players, unless some form of farm team is created, but will the BoD be willing to spend...or will they want to be frugal again to recover their losses from higher revenue?

The fife academy blows our bod's reasons for closing our academy out the water.It isn't even second tier and yet seems to be doing a decent job and I dont see any signs of all these players leaving it because it's not got elite status. 

z
Who would you have BPM?
I honestly can’t think
of anyone that we could attract that would inspire me....

Two things

Firstly not my choice

Secondly - advertise it and see who applies

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t know why the club bothers putting up an interview each week with either of the 2 managers.

The interviewer has the most boring voice, the questions are the same , the answers are the same and there is never anyone injured.

Utterly pointless!!

And they failed to even ask about the one injury we know f**k all about. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t know why the club bothers putting up an interview each week with either of the 2 managers.

The interviewer has the most boring voice, the questions are the same , the answers are the same and there is never anyone injured.

Utterly pointless!!

It’s very very strange, their interviews started with so much enthusiasm and they usually gave informative answers for the fans. Now it looks like they’re utterly pissed off with everything and have resorted to one line cliches giving nothing away. Utterly fucking bizarre