The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye and no. Only Raith are in the middle of a signing frenzy at the moment.............they did much the same thing last season, and despite bringing in a couple of "names", they were absolutely honking. They are something akin to a small version of Dundee in that respect.

I am going to content myself by relaxing and waiting to see what Housty does. I cant be sure of anything, but I doubt that he's sat at home right now thinking "damn that Kirkcaldy mob, they have signed Mark Stewart, Cuthbert and Nade and a couple of others that were my top picks, and now they are after Conroy too".

There's plenty of time yet, and while the likes of Raith are signing up a bunch of weel kent names from last season (all of whom have been released by their previous clubs), it really doesn't mean that we have missed the boat.

Don't know that anybody deemed him unfit or overweight while with us. Who said that?

Believe Millar admitted himself that he let himself go the summer he left us.

Regarding signings I can't think of a player I've felt we've missed out on apart from John Baird. Even then he's that an irreplaceable kind of player.

Aye and no. Only Raith are in the middle of a signing frenzy at the moment.............they did much the same thing last season, and despite bringing in a couple of "names", they were absolutely honking. They are something akin to a small version of Dundee in that respect.

I am going to content myself by relaxing and waiting to see what Housty does. I cant be sure of anything, but I doubt that he's sat at home right now thinking "damn that Kirkcaldy mob, they have signed Mark Stewart, Cuthbert and Nade and a couple of others that were my top picks, and now they are after Conroy too".

There's plenty of time yet, and while the likes of Raith are signing up a bunch of weel kent names from last season (all of whom have been released by their previous clubs), it really doesn't mean that we have missed the boat.

Did you think I was jealous of any Raith signings?

The players I had on my wish list signed wi better teams than those chancers.

Being released doesn't necessarily mean the clubs wanted to keep a hold of them. Cuthbert rejected the offer from Hamilton, because they signed McGovern from you guys, and so wasn't guaranteed the number 1 jersey. Martin Scott was wanted by McGlynn I think, but again Scott didn't want to stay. I'm sure Airdrie would have wanted to keep Craig Barr too, but his contact ran out, and Rovers offered him a deal in a better league.

Your point maybe applies to Nade and Mark Stewart though. And possibly Rory McKeown who was released by Kilmarnock. Our latest signing.

If Millar is deemed unfit and overweight, I would like to see him lean and much fitter then. Has boundless energy and wouldn't say he tired any less than anyone else in our team last season.

The ones who "revealed" the Rudi Skacel signing are looking a tad silly now are they not. Utter nonsense

You may disagree with my opinion but I don't post incorrect info from the club or pathetic rumours like some on here

Don't know that anybody deemed him unfit or overweight while with us. Who said that?

Not sure mate. Not sure

Shouldny be starting rumours then! :P

Being released doesn't necessarily mean the clubs wanted to keep a hold of them. Cuthbert rejected the offer from Hamilton, because they signed McGovern from you guys, and so wasn't guaranteed the number 1 jersey. Martin Scott was wanted by McGlynn I think, but again Scott didn't want to stay. I'm sure Airdrie would have wanted to keep Craig Barr too, but his contact ran out, and Rovers offered him a deal in a better league.

Your point maybe applies to Nade and Mark Stewart though. And possibly Rory McKeown who was released by Kilmarnock. Our latest signing.

Livingston (Rankine) wanted Scott off the payroll. It was a financial rather than a footballing thing, but they did release him. I don't know why Cuthbert didn't stay with Hamilton, but I don't think they were overly fussed about keeping him once McGovern had signed.

Mass signings seems almost like something from another era these days, and while it gives a bit of a momentary buzz, in Murray's case, it has to work, or he is finished.

If this sort of mass signing policy sees Raith finish lower than fourth, his time might well be up. I expect the bottom four to be Cowden, Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston, with QotS, Raith and Falkirk vying for fourth, fifth and sixth.

I like stuff like this. Who is taking us into administration? Is it HMRC or is it Falkirk Council? Be clear...........none of the soft loan guys on the board want the club anywhere near administration........they are the ones who are owed the money!!!!!!

Administration only works when you owebanks, councils the tax man and other local businesses the vast majority of the debt. If that isn't the case, then the whole process is pointless. Livingston and Dundee did it twice apiece because they owed people outwith the club money, and because it was easy to do......it harmed neither of them in any real way. Libvingston would do it again, but unfortunately, Rankine hasn't been able to shift the debt onto the council and the taxman.......it's all owed to him and MacDougall (unless they can get a massive share uptake and then run off with the cash, that's the way it will stay).

Where does this Nixon character fit into it all Dunc?

If this sort of mass signing policy sees Raith finish lower than fourth, his time might well be up.

Our board will look at surviving in the league, but maybe in a more respectable position than last season without the added stress of being dragged into a relegation dogfight, as a successful season.

Where does this Nixon character fit into it all Dunc?

Not sure. The case is still rumbling on. Livingston are/were headed for racking up a two million loss in a four and a half year period. All of this simply has to be loans from the Board (one of whom was Nixon).

If he wins his case for a payment of £320k, then obviously, the club debt remains the same, but one of the other directors will have to give him the cash thus further exposing themselves to major financial loss.

I was thinking that maybe this is finally the season where not only are they going to stop running up losses, but maybe they are going to actually start to try and reduce debt.........then they go and "bid" for a Clyde player.

I guess if Nixon wins his case, and Rankine doesn't stump up, then its the end of the road for Livingston FC. Its extremely doubtful that the Court would actually grant an application for a third administration.

livingston that low?

Don't see why not. Their attendances had dipped below four figures in some games last season, their debts are still climbing, and their money men want out. If Rankine decides that he wants to start getting his money back, then finishing seventh or eighth might be seen as a major success.

When are falkirk going to do anything in the transfer market, I'm unsure if I should buy a season ticket as I have a new job that requires me to work some Saturdays. I know it's early but just a bit of hope and I'll buy one. There's not even been any rumours.

Heard we are likely to line up 4-4-2 next season.

Midfield of

Alston McGrandles Olu Sibbs/ cooper?

Olu will be on his way out come Jan....

We never do signings early anymore....

Its groundhog day(s) - our fans humph....they will then say we willget only two in....week afore season we will have 4 or 5 in

Edited by MrDust

When are falkirk going to do anything in the transfer market, I'm unsure if I should buy a season ticket as I have a new job that requires me to work some Saturdays. I know it's early but just a bit of hope and I'll buy one. There's not even been any rumours.

Well, I think there's rumours. The goalie position is the rumour everyone knows (and hopefully that comes good), and there's little doubt that Housty has a pretty clear plan in his mind of who he wants to get (and we have Cooper from Ross County down on trial...........and he's a player I'd say I rate much more highly than Cardle). I reckon we are after a goalie replacement (obviously), a Mark Millar replacement (no he won't be back), and a centre forward. I guess it's up to Housty to do the deals, and up until everything is done and dusted, it's kind of hard for him to announce anything.

Kingsley is a sensational player - one of the very best our academy has produced. Great at going forward when playing left-back and also very, very able defensively as well and can comfortably play centre back. I think he'll go very far.

I never actually thought Fulton was that great to be honest - very skilful, but I thought he was slow, lazy, and ducked out of tackles far too often. But hey, he's at Swansea and has played in the BPL, so what do I know.

Never heard anyone have anything bad to say about Kingsley.

Great player on and off the pitch.

Hope Norwich get involved maybe get a bidding war on the go.

Best of luck wherever he ends up.

Would we be chancing our luck asking for a loan back in the deal?