The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

He was the deputy headmaster at my high school, a really good guy. And he played at the San Siro. Quite the step down from the San Siro to Lornshill Academy.

Alan Cousins, yeah agreed.

I vaguely recall a brief story of a school friend who was down at Brockville to watch training one morning. Alan piped up with a tactical manoeuvre. In a very cultured tone ...

”There’s this throw in set up that we practiced at Dundee, lets try it.....we never actually used it in a match though.....”

Edited by HonestAl

I think every club can point to that sort of thing. Denis Law was an Aberdeen boy, but never played for them. There’s going to hundreds of examples. Souness never got beyond Tynecastle Boys Club before heading off to Spurs.

On 26/02/2020 at 18:38, MrDust said:

European cup winners cup ?

I only know that having watched the Jimmy Greaves film, a real eye opener for myself to the talents of Jimmy

Keep in mind Spurs were packed full of Internationals, notably Bill Brown, Danny Blanchflower, Dave Mackay, Greaves, Cliff Jones & others.

Out of his time with Double winning, first British European trophy winning Spurs. White missed 15 games. Spurs won only once.

Just an FYI but I will be pulling up anybody who posts that "Longridge only has 1 good game in 5"
1) It's a load of made up drivel 
2) Even if it was true, it's still 1 in 5 more than either of those shitehouses we played up front today

This.

A fucking joke that our most creative player only got the last 10 minutes whilst we had the other 2 c***s swanning about for 70 minutes. That miss from McMillan fucking hell.

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Just an FYI but I will be pulling up anybody who posts that "Longridge only has 1 good game in 5"

1) It's a load of made up drivel 

2) Even if it was true, it's still 1 in 5 more than either of those shitehouses we played up front today

Agree mate. I’m still going on Tuesday but dreading it now cos f**k knows what team will be picked.