The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Here we are desperate for strikers whilst Kevin O’Hara scores again on Saturday to become third top league scorer for a relegation threatened side in a division above, but was pilloried on here to disappear whilst still a developing player.
Some of the same folk, I should say, having a go at our management team’s ‘incompetence’ for a squad of 18.
Funny how things work out.....

O'Hara was given plenty of chances at Falkirk and was found wanting. Loaned to Stenhousemuir and found wanting. That he's scoring a few goals for Alloa changes nothing. Wasn't good enough for us. And as supporters don't decide the future of players, presumably that was also the opinion of paid professionals. Zero relevance to our current squad situation. Trying to link him emptying him to our having a tiny squad in the most crucial period of the season is bizarre.

13 minutes ago, AGPar said:

O'Hara was given plenty of chances at Falkirk and was found wanting. Loaned to Stenhousemuir and found wanting. That he's scoring a few goals for Alloa changes nothing. Wasn't good enough for us. And as supporters don't decide the future of players, presumably that was also the opinion of paid professionals. Zero relevance to our current squad situation. Trying to link him emptying him to our having a tiny squad in the most crucial period of the season is bizarre.

O'Hara had 8 league starts in 5 yr and only 3 of them in a row, I personally dont think he was given plenty of chances at Falkirk and was sold up the river by Houston but he was surplus to requirements last season having had zero starts in his final season. Alloa probably has been the making of him as he did require game time and time to sink or swim, getting 1 min as sub or 20 mins was doing him no favours here.

He did get it tight on here but maybe he just needed a move to be given an opportunity.
Glad to see he’s doing well.

Possibly. In all probability we played him too many times too early.
I reckon if he hadn’t played so well against Rangers he would have been more successful with ourselves developing later in time....

Whoosh....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Possibly. In all probability we played him too many times too early.
I reckon if he hadn’t played so well against Rangers he would have been more successful with ourselves developing later in time....

3 starts that season and 13 sub appearances mostly on the 87 or 89th minute, the following season on loan to East Fife then left to rot January onwards and didnt feature at all for us that season.

You have to play young players for them to gain experience, we never did with O'Hara like we did with many afore him which was pre Houston tho

O'hara never grabbed his chance with both hands.  He was piss poor when he did get a game and seemed to have lost all the electric pace he had when he first came into the side. He also had the chance to show what he could do when on loan at stenny but couldnt get a game for them either. Next folk will be wanting Scott feckin shepherd back ffs.  No surprise hes scored a couple given the dreadful standard of the championship this season as seen by us comfortably seeing off arbroath who are 7 points above alloa with a game in hand. 

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

5B9F2DD3-04EB-4527-911D-47C5EFCA4307.jpeg

he has came on leaps and bounds this season, and chuffed to bits for him for the Dumbarton supporters and the other teams he had time on loan at said he would never be a decent keeper this is a big GIRFUY as much as its paper talk.

Good luck to the lad, has improved tremendously since his shocker against Dunfermline in his early days.
Definitely, i think it says a lot about him. That performance could easily have broken him but he's been patient and performed well since he came into the side.

Would be interesting if we manage to go up how he'd cope under a bit more pressure as he's not had a great deal to do in a lot of our games.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Definitely, i think it says a lot about him. That performance could easily have broken him but he's been patient and performed well since he came into the side.

Would be interesting if we manage to go up how he'd cope under a bit more pressure as he's not had a great deal to do in a lot of our games.

If Mutch was to go to Southampton, it wouldn't surprise me that our dear leaders would negotiate a five figure transfer sum (undisclosed of course) with add-ons in case of a debut for the Scotland cricket team

2 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

If Mutch was to go to Southampton, it wouldn't surprise me that our dear leaders would negotiate a five figure transfer sum (undisclosed of course) with add-ons in case of a debut for the Scotland cricket team

You never know they may terminate his contract, give him a payout and free him. They have done stupider things !

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Lex Miller heads up football operations. This is his opportunity to make his high roller dreams into reality. Lex Miller. Say it ain’t so Joe.

Probably do a player swap for a 21 year old youth player with asthma and a wooden leg who has fantastic potential and has played 14 games in 5 years.

I am sure we are all grossly exaggerating Lex’s capacity for getting things wrong. He’s probably already used up every penny of his f**k up overdraft, so nothing else can possibly go pear shaped.

I think it’s maybe harder to do what he’s doing just now, doing nothing for 15/20 minutes then making a save out of nowhere. Followed by another 15/20 minutes then another save. He’d be fine if we went up.

7 hours ago, ka202 said:

I think it’s maybe harder to do what he’s doing just now, doing nothing for 15/20 minutes then making a save out of nowhere. Followed by another 15/20 minutes then another save. He’d be fine if we went up.

The more game time he gets the better player he will become. Already a good all rounder he is the best young goalie we have had since Geordie Watson of mullet at mustache fame. Enjoy him playing for us while we can.

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The more game time he gets the better player he will become. Already a good all rounder he is the best young goalie we have had since Geordie Watson of mullet at mustache fame. Enjoy him playing for us while we can.

Compare him to that diddy on loan to hearts from man utd and hes light years ahead.