The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The procurement process and due diligence must have been non existent. Were vendors assessed before being approved ? Specifications agreed ? Warranty ? Products evaluated before being put on short list ? What we ended up with, the answer is No.  From what we know now it looks like ' Anybody want to quote us for undersoil heating ? ' and that was it.

Suppose we can add that to the list as well, if i mind right at the time it was meant to be state of the art and new concept. 

39 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Suppose we can add that to the list as well, if i mind right at the time it was meant to be state of the art and new concept. 

If it was a state of the art new concept. Then the manufacturer should have been paying us to try it as a test bed and if it works pay a token cost to cover raw materials after 5 years of trouble free use. They in turn get a proven product with a track record to be a market leader with a working example to show clients.

This was the article cutting about at the time about it:

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/this-football-pitch-could-kill-you-says-undersoil-heating-firm-1-726499

The undersoil heating system installed at Falkirk Football Club is unsafe and could electrocute someone if they put a pitchfork into the pitch, according to the firm that fitted it.

Tracer Electrical Systems (TES) also says the system is not powerful enough to thaw the pitch on very cold days.

The company has refused to pay the firm which supplied the equipment it fitted, and has now been taken to court where its claims will be put before a judge.

Falkirk Football Club last night refused to comment on the company's claims. But the Scottish Football Association said it was satisfied that the pitch was safe. Falkirk Council and Mowlem, the ground's contractors, also passed it as safe.

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just picked this up. Very interesting read

https://www.kwjamieson.com/blog

Excellent read, but very disturbing if you are a fan of FFC. The implications of the analysis of the MSG and their mentality suggests that a failure to ascend at the end of this year will be financially crippling for the club for the foreseeable future, unless a flush, white knight appears,   

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Excellent read, but very disturbing if you are a fan of FFC. The implications of the analysis of the MSG and their mentality suggests that a failure to ascend at the end of this year will be financially crippling for the club for the foreseeable future, unless a flush, white knight appears,   

Is the club still up for sale ? All I can get is that ' the Board are looking for investment ' Six words that can be interpreted into anything you want.

58 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Is the club still up for sale ? All I can get is that ' the Board are looking for investment ' Six words that can be interpreted into anything you want.

dont think so last thing said  was there were still 2 interested parties in the club yet depending on who it is on the MSG they want investment i.e. gies your cash but your no getting a say how you spend it.

I am far from convinced it is as dramatic as the picture you paint.

At least two of the MSG have ploughed a lot of cash in over the years and I personally don’t see them letting the club crash and burn. They are wealthy individuals who may not want to invest sums to really drive it on anymore however saving the club IMO would be a different matter.

11 hours ago, Broken Bairn said:

Was the "Blast Zone" not due to a product made in I.C.I and not the BP? It was therefore closer to the stadium and related to the potential amount of people in one area should an explosion happen. On this theory we were prevented from having too many seats and no 4th stand. However, you could still build houses in the nearby old town and when ASDA waved their magic dollar they grabbed it with both hands, closed down a well run FFC supporting social club and conveniently moved the dangerous chemical elsewhere to be manufactured.  Don't you just love our rogue landlord that is Falkirk Council.

I was sure the council granted ICI a licence to store potential explosives, which then stopped us getting permission for a 'new build' which would put a certain number of people in the blast zone area.

The fact that it was never ever used for this storage and ICI let the licence run out was the more galling part of the story.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am far from convinced it is as dramatic as the picture you paint.

At least two of the MSG have ploughed a lot of cash in over the years and I personally don’t see them letting the club crash and burn. They are wealthy individuals who may not want to invest sums to really drive it on anymore however saving the club IMO would be a different matter.

I draw my conclusion from the fact of burning through £700,000, which apparently included a £500,000 cash cushion, and that the club is certainly not configured to cut spending if they fail promotion. It seems clear that the visionaries in the MSG and on the BoD simply don’t see remaining in League One as a viable option, but seemingly also fail to understand that money (or a “name” coach) cannot guarantee performance.

I’m not suggesting the death of FFC is promotion isn’t made, but I am suggesting that a massive cost cutting effort would occur, likely to the detriment of performance for a number of years. If someone doesn’t ride in and infuse cash, it seems likely that the current wealthy owners aren’t going to open the taps any more than is absolutely necessary...and their definition of necessary is likely quit different than the fans.

I draw my conclusion from the fact of burning through £700,000, which apparently included a £500,000 cash cushion, and that the club is certainly not configured to cut spending if they fail promotion. It seems clear that the visionaries in the MSG and on the BoD simply don’t see remaining in League One as a viable option, but seemingly also fail to understand that money (or a “name” coach) cannot guarantee performance.
I’m not suggesting the death of FFC is promotion isn’t made, but I am suggesting that a massive cost cutting effort would occur, likely to the detriment of performance for a number of years. If someone doesn’t ride in and infuse cash, it seems likely that the current wealthy owners aren’t going to open the taps any more than is absolutely necessary...and their definition of necessary is likely quit different than the fans.

One things for sure, if the Board dared to crawl back to the fans offering shares but remained in charge, I won’t be investing no matter what.
The only way we should be investing is if the MSG were to stand down in return....

Great work by Kenny . In my opinion one of the biggest drivers in success is vision .Kenny had a vision and desire to make FFC competitive at the top level . Those who made sure his bid to take the club further into fan ownership are not true fans they are self seeking wan—ers . If they really loved the club they would have let go the reigns . It’s not all about money but more about harmony and togetherness
and the upward spiral that these qualities would have delivered. Kenny will be back I’m sure it’s the shite we may have to endure first that concerns me !

15 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Wasn't that a condition of being accepted in to the SPFL/SPL at the time?

Not sure that it was at that point , there was certainly clubs in top league who didn't have any - Motherwell for example.

But then there are always different rules for Motherwell.

The point I was making was not whether we should have had it or not , it was the fact that ours did not work properly.

14 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

It did to an extent just there were patches in the goal mouth area that didnt if i mind right, pretty sure the company that installed it as well had a few inquiries going on as to how safe the system was.

Not just the goal mouth area.

I remember sitting in hospitality for a match v St Johnstone watching a ref inspect a large area near the far side touchline which was still completely frozen.

Game got called off.

On the upside we stayed in hospitality until 5pm and got to come back for the rearranged match midweek at no extra cost and this was back in the day when drinks were free unlike now.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

We got into that situation in the mid 70's.

Squad of 16-17

5-6 full time player with the rest part time

Signings made from Juniors and Free transfers

Result !

Crowds of 500 on a good day

Ambition not to get relegated 

To their credit Moffat and Johnstone put in a cash injection and Alex T worked his magic and the revival started. Without these 3 people it would have been over.

Because if we don't go up this season then Deva Vu 1970's. Why ? The club cannot go on losing money at the rate it does at present.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The club cannot go on losing money at the rate it does at present.

It was stated at the AGM that we're not currently losing money and figures were given which showed that for this financial year we are both ahead of budget and in profit.

If that's untrue then we'll find out at the end of the year. They might be able to omit details from the accounts but the annual bottom line cannot be hidden from shareholders.

Last years loss was due to a deliberate decision to splash the cash in an attempt to avoid relegation. From figures given at the AGM, about a quarter of that alone was down to the additional costs from the McKinnon recruitment debacle.

22 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree with post, not sure our crowds would go to levels of 500, but with the potential  of losing similar amounts of cash, I would imagine that we’d be in a critical situation. 

A few  weeks ago I suggested that we would become facing the abyss should we not get up, nothing has changed.

500 would take a while to reach. But this year versus last, average attendance looks down about 19%, which is mostly lower visitors, on the whole. Next year they numbers would drop again from home fans hiving away,  but it it would probably take a clearly uninterested BoD, and the better part of a decade, to reach that nadir.