The Falkirk FC Thread

The signing of Maybury could be a shrewd move by Housty. A back up player coaching the 20s but more importantly a link between the manager and players.

Gutted about Miller not signing but have to move on and sign players who will play for the club

The signing of Maybury could be a shrewd move by Housty. A back up player coaching the 20s but more importantly a link between the manager and players.

Gutted about Miller not signing but have to move on and sign players who will play for the club

I agree on Maybury. None of us knows how good or not Maybury is as a coach. We should trust his judgement.

On MM. Maybe this was Houston's call? Who knows.

I agree on Maybury. None of us knows how good or not Maybury is as a coach. We should trust his judgement.

On MM. Maybe this was Houston's call? Who knows.

Think it looks as if it was in the end which is unfortunate but I'm sure we will get someone else in

Of what I saw of Maybury on tv last season, he looked solid and comfortable....dropping down a level, so if he plays I imagine will be similar. Houstie did state he was bringing so.eone in who may not play but is on hand if needed

Houstie tagged Millar and Gardyne as the best 2 players in the 1st division when he signed them for Dundee Utd.

The story is that Millar reported for pre season training overweight and had a falling out with Houston about it. Possibly the ill feeling has lingered? I've heard a few people say that the guy has a problem with junk food (Millar not Houston) and maybe Houston just didn't want to take the chance on him?

Mind you I don't think that many Scottish footballers will stick to a strict diet although most will get away with it to an extent. I saw Mark Beck with a carry out pizza and a big bag of Haribos last season! :o

If Millar is deemed unfit and overweight, I would like to see him lean and much fitter then. Has boundless energy and wouldn't say he tired any less than anyone else in our team last season.

The ones who "revealed" the Rudi Skacel signing are looking a tad silly now are they not. Utter nonsense

It's guid watching all and sundry signing 2,3 or 4 players whilst we sit here wi a big fat 0.

Under attack from Facebook messages to "join the Falkirk family" is brilliant too.

It's hard enough to feel confident about this season but when you have a player in mind you'd like to see sign and he buggers off elsewhere, it's pretty tough.

If Millar is deemed unfit and overweight, I would like to see him lean and much fitter then. Has boundless energy and wouldn't say he tired any less than anyone else in our team last season.

The ones who "revealed" the Rudi Skacel signing are looking a tad silly now are they not. Utter nonsense

Don't know that anybody deemed him unfit or overweight while with us. Who said that?

What do you expect? Houston has seen most of the players in the flesh once. There's obviously a few positions that are musts but I'd prefer we took our time in the transfer market. With our limited budget every signing is vital.

It's no hard to work out that Millar, Beck, McGovern and Kingsley have all left and need replaced.

I'm not entirely sure how long Housty has been officially Falkirk boss but he was unofficially Falkirk boss for nearly a week before that.

In that time I hope he was making calls to get replacements for these 4 and a few others in.

I agree I want quality ahead of quantity but I'm not gonnae pretend I'm happy at the moment.

I regularly text my mates during the day regarding all things FFC and I reckon I've received at least 7 messages which read "any chance of a signing soon"

If me and my mates are all feeling a bit frustrated with the delay, I can only assume this is a wider picture too?