The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Tbf, the signing of Hall has seen an improvement in Durnan (albeit only a few games). Not sure what Da Vita brings.

Nor will we find out if we keep getting treated to cameos of Charlie Telfer not giving a f**k/contributing one single thing.

Yip which makes you wonder what level of ability Da Vita is showing in training daily ??

18 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

ETA: the shire are paying more than championship clubs for part time players, I also understand that queens are ‘throwing money at it’. Don’t let prejudice of their league status trick you.

No chance are the Shire paying more than any side in the Championship. They'll have a couple of guys on a bit more than Stranraer are paying the majority of their squad but that budget is nowhere near any side at tier 2.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

DeVita was added to bringing a bit of a creative spark (i think it was Miller that said  in his interview when asked about him "to add something in the final third of the game") Hall i would say to replace Durnan unfortunately its not Halls fault Durnan has finally got his finger out his arse and looking a bit better the past couple of games (he's still an accident waiting to happen, just a bit less than before Hall arrived).

So why isn't he starting then?  Da vita has been another bench warmer when we needed starters.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So why isn't he starting then?  Da vita has been another bench warmer when we needed starters.

He’s been a total waste of a domestic loan so far. I think he’s a very good supporter of Lee’s Instagram though. COYB.

Edited by wee_bairn

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No chance are the Shire paying more than any side in the Championship. They'll have a couple of guys on a bit more than Stranraer are paying the majority of their squad but that budget is nowhere near any side at tier 2.

Unless they are doing it like Kelty Hearts and employing the players with the owners company and giving them a bigger wage that way ??

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

We’re a point behind top with 13 games left to play, it’s all to play for emoji23.png

Think people are going a bit loopy not being able to get out the house for couple hours on a Saturday.

We are 4 behind with a game in hand vs East Fife mate. 

Loving your confidence though SB.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Don’t know about it being hard times. This has been several years in the making. Even when things looked pretty decent,the appointment of George Craig was the first hard evidence that something was seriously amiss with the decision making processes at the club.

Agreed allowing such a numpty to make key decisions is where it all started. Unfortunately it’s certain that the sequence of serial disastrous appointments since is what’s has fuc—d the soul out of the club .Anybody’s guess what chance Gary deans has of improving the situation but if only having 18 signed players is indicative of his decision making then either he’s no better or he’s working with one hand tied behind his back .

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

And many have left with less than you would expect, or in some cases nothing.

It's all about the details of the contract. For example the club says to a player we'll give you a contract for 12 months, which can be extended to 24 months if we win promotion / don't get relegated and / or you start half the games etc, etc. They then include a clause which says that if you leave before a second year gets triggered you're entitled to 10% of what you would have been paid for that second year.

I obviously don't know the contract details of FFC players. However, I've heard a lot of conversations about salaries and contracts over the years, usually from players gossiping about what others are getting.

I believe the player you're referring to was entitled to a specific amount which may well have been less than you think. 

I know how contracts work but at the end of the day the agreement has to come from two parties on what the player will accept and what the club will pay then the player has all the cards in his hand if he accepts.

I still have a thought Tidser wage was enhanced with game time, so many times overlooked when he was the obvious sub or starter for a game in the last months of his FFC career.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Raith were miles ahead of Partick last night. They are going to take a fair bit to reel them in IMO

Partick are Falkirk of last season, new squad January and not looking any better

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Too late now then. The whole month of january was available to do that if that is indeed the case. I would like to think their hands are tied financially or they are taking a big gamble with the squad we have.

You dont lose 7 players and bring in 2 and leave us with a squad that cant fill a bench for a game if we have injuries and/or suspensions when going for a title.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

We’re a point behind top with 13 games left to play, it’s all to play for emoji23.png

Think people are going a bit loopy not being able to get out the house for couple hours on a Saturday.

We've got a budget about 3 times Raiths and yet we're struggling to even match then at the moment. Embarrassing stuff.

47 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I know how contracts work but at the end of the day the agreement has to come from two parties on what the player will accept and what the club will pay then the player has all the cards in his hand if he accepts. 

You're referring to agreement needing to be reached after a player and club decide to part ways.

In some cases no agreement may be needed because the severance payment value is stipulated in the contract on the day the player joins. 

You may find that when a player considers an offer they're more interested in "up front" things such as salary, contract length, signing on fee, bonuses. accommodation allowance, etc, etc.

The "what if things go wrong" clauses may not figure prominently in their decision on whether to join Falkirk or some other club. 

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not sure about miles ahead. Thought they were the better side but looked very fragile when partick finally went for it towards the end.  Some better finishing and it would've been a draw.

This. Better finishing by us and the game would have been out of sight by the half, better finishing by Partick and they would have won it too. Both sides struggled with a soft pitch, but on a nice AstroTurf field, the play would have been interesting. If that’s the current standard at the bottom of the Championship, two League One teams can easily go up, but Partick we’re missing pieces.

Much like a number of posters here, I fear we will both end up within 2 points, either way, for the last game...and then it really becomes a lottery with such small teams. Who is healthy, and in form, and such. The small teams for both of us make the playoffs another, even bigger, lottery, with likely damage to the ideal starting lineup even before facing a Championship side with their proverbial backs against the wall.

My only real question is would it be better or worse for Raith if Durnan gets his 12th yellow before that last game?

We've got a budget about 3 times Raiths and yet we're struggling to even match then at the moment. Embarrassing stuff.

Aye, that’s down to big Ray, we’re playing better now under M&M and they’ve made some decent signings imho, we still need some reinforcements, I’m confident we can still win the league though, it’s in our own hands.