The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

I recently went to Farense v Benfica B, there was no away end for Benfica but a pocket of around 30 together Benfica fans from Faro I am guessing.

Each Benfica goal they all celebrated, not one Farense fan scowled at them which I found strange.

It confirmed my whats the point in B teams and that Portugal has more tolerance to away fans albeit probably for the B teams, no way that would go the same way in Scotland.

I was at Leeds v Man U "friendly" last year in Perth, Australia.

There was a Leeds end and a Man U end and the rest of the stadium was unsegregated.  The British police warned the Stadium organizers about this fixture as did the Aussie police , they declined extra policing and said they'd use their own stewards but at the last minute  they shat it and brought in an outside security firm who became like a 3rd set of hooligans.  

The fighting between Man u , Leeds and the security was crazy  all over the stadium , apart from the  official ends. My mates were all ejected for fighting with security who were beating up a fan at the time. 

Not sure what my point is , I just thought I'd mention it.

45 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Personally I hope Sammon isn't with us next season. Anyone know his length of contract, I thought it was only 1year.

I think Sammon is pretty mince but that's only my opinion , he's also on a downward spiral which isn't only my opinion.

I'd also prefer he did not play for Falkirk next season. 

14 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

There was a Leeds end and a Man U end and the rest of the stadium was unsegregated.  The British police warned the Stadium organizers about this fixture as did the Aussie police , they declined extra policing and said they'd use their own stewards but at the last minute  they shat it and brought in an outside security firm who became like a 3rd set of hooligans.  

The fighting between Man u , Leeds and the security was crazy  all over the stadium , apart from the  official ends. My mates were all ejected for fighting with security who were beating up a fan at the time. 

Its facinating how this contrasts with many other sports across the world, with integrated seating very common. There seems much more tribalism in football than in the American sports (American footbal, baseball, basketball, hockey, and even football). Very few instances of segragation, let alone strict segregation.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Personally I hope Sammon isn't with us next season. Anyone know his length of contract, I thought it was only 1year.

My guess is 3 years because the length of contract wasn't mentioned when his signing was announced. Most of the rest were 2 years and I don't think he would have signed for anything less than 3. He'll be one of the higher earners but we wouldn't have been able to offer him anything near his hearts wages so I think length of contract may have been the clincher.

He was still fairly high profile at the time remember.

My guess is 3 years because the length of contract wasn't mentioned when his signing was announced. Most of the rest were 2 years and I don't think he would have signed for anything less than 3. He'll be one of the higher earners but we wouldn't have been able to offer him anything near his hearts wages so I think length of contract may have been the clincher.
He was still fairly high profile at the time remember.

I’m not really a Samon fan but I thought he had one of his best games against Hearts. If he tried as hard week in week out in Div one we might have won a few more games.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

70 point has won this league 18 times out of 20. 9 or 10 wins for us or Raith will see that team champions IMO. The other will lose to the Championship team in the play off final

Not actually. The third level of Scottish Football would have been won with 70 points only in 99-00, 01-02, 02-03, 09-10 and 14-15. It would have tied the winner in 03-04 and 18-19. Total of 7 of 20.

Edit: Clarification...I am comparing 70 points to the eventual winners total, not the second place total. Are you perhaps looking at beating second, because the points above the 70 would go somewhere. If that’s the case, dividing the difference gives us 70 winning about 12 of 20,

Edited by TxRover

14 hours ago, Etherglider said:

70 points? Cast your mind back to pre-season when the mighty Falkirk predicted they'd amass a modest one hundred points and stroll this,"piss poor league". Dear oh dear oh dear.......

SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA

Should have done with the budget at our disposal, compared to other teams in this league.

Would have done if we had had a decent manager in from the start of the season.

Could have done if we had sacked McKinnon right after the Peterhead opening game of the season.

I don't think anybody actually predicted that we would win the league with 100 points but the chance to do so was available to us and we blew it. F*ck you, Ray McKinnon.

16 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

On that though i would say that is dependant on who he has around him or how the team is set up to play so its not really a reflection on him, now we have a bit of stability (or you would like to think) theres every chance he would do better with us IF we go up.

I'm not sure hes really a natural goal scorer when he plays in the championship up. He's played for a number of teams at that level or above and struggled for goals including at ross county last season where he only ended up with two.  On the other hand when he has played in league one with us and morton he has scored a bundle. I would still have him in the team but I just feel we wouldnt be able to rely on him to score all the goals.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Like a few of RMs signings given two year deals, I would imagine that these deals are based on promotion at year one.  I’m sure there will be protection for the club, if this is not achieved, but we’re Falkirk.......

Funnily enough some of those players have looked more comfortable playing the likes of hearts, arbroath and ayr compared to airdrie and clyde.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

Sammon is on a 2 year deal and not one club is going to pay a fee to take him under contract.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

A year with a year option which is triggered if we go up.

How do you know this guys?

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Remember the Leeds friendly when McAllister on his debut roasted Frankie Gray. Was in the Newmarket Bar for a pre game refreshment when some Leeds fans came in all cocky and Bolshie. No boxing but folk just crowded round them and spit them up into twos and threes. They were strangers in Dodge and the piss takes  were memorable. Anybody else who was in the Newmarket remember the incident ? When they drifted away with their hard man image in tatters to massed Cheerio - Cheerio - Cheerio it was hilarious.

48 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How do you know this guys?

I'd guess it was a 2yr deal and as mentioned a few of the 2yr deals are based on promotion.

Mutch was the last 3+yr deal we handed out and wouldn't have broke the banl. I think you'd have to go back to Scobbie, Arfield and I have it my head perhaps BOB being the last of the 3yr deals. 

If we are handing out 3yr deals to Sammon, I'd shut down the club now !!

Remember the Leeds friendly when McAllister on his debut roasted Frankie Gray. Was in the Newmarket Bar for a pre game refreshment when some Leeds fans came in all cocky and Bolshie. No boxing but folk just crowded round them and spit them up into twos and threes. They were strangers in Dodge and the piss takes  were memorable. Anybody else who was in the Newmarket remember the incident ? When they drifted away with their hard man image in tatters to massed Cheerio - Cheerio - Cheerio it was hilarious.

Think Sibbald’s made his debut against a Leeds side too. Thought the Leeds supporters that day were a decent bunch.

57 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I do remember the Leeds fans getting on to the park and walking toward the Falkirk fans (I think they expected us to run away), only for one wee polisman to make his way through the crowd, grab who he assumed was the ringleader, then walk back to where they came from. The rest just turned around and followed like wee sheep.