The Falkirk FC Thread

Todays game is going to be a good raincheck on our standard and the journey we have to take for Premier league level.

It's a cup tie ! It's at home ! It's against Heart's ( after Aberdeen the most despised whinging cheats to disgrace a football pitch ) So no short of motivation there then.

Would like a rip snorting cup tie getting stuck in from the first minute but suspect it will be baton down the hatches for the first 20 minutes and take it from there.

Absolutely. If starving the Club of cash gets rid of the cancer that is the MSG then 100%. We are going nowhere under that shower of incompetent failures. For Falkirk to get back to where it belongs, with the fans, Board, owners and playing staff all singing together from the same hymn sheet, then change is an absolute must. Relationships are well and truly broken beyond repair. 

Talking of tedious. What I find more tedious than anything is circa 4,000 fans toddling along to home games and handing over their money to those responsible for our demise. The longer that continues, the longer our club will remain fu*ked!
I dont know how anyone can simply not attend games, it's the reason we all love FFC, there's far better ways to hurt the MSG not getting behind the team on match days isn't one of them!

5 minutes ago, BigSpow said:
On 05/02/2020 at 19:28, Relegator Ritchie said:
Absolutely. If starving the Club of cash gets rid of the cancer that is the MSG then 100%. We are going nowhere under that shower of incompetent failures. For Falkirk to get back to where it belongs, with the fans, Board, owners and playing staff all singing together from the same hymn sheet, then change is an absolute must. Relationships are well and truly broken beyond repair. 

Talking of tedious. What I find more tedious than anything is circa 4,000 fans toddling along to home games and handing over their money to those responsible for our demise. The longer that continues, the longer our club will remain fu*ked!

I dont know how anyone can simply not attend games, it's the reason we all love FFC, there's far better ways to hurt the MSG not getting behind the team on match days isn't one of them!

You can understand the best way to hit someone is in the pocket but in this case they simply dont care, this being shown with having a squad of what is now down to 17 players with 2 on loan out (19 total). So in trying to hurt the MSG all we are doing is hurting ourselves by non attendance etc if you catch my drift.

I would say we have a good core support but surely out of all of which we have as a support someone can arrange some sort of protest whether it be banner at the stadium and being stuck at front of SS or banner protest out front after a selected game.  Meeting of fans to suggest a way of getting the message through to the MSG etc.  I mean it says a lot when a no confidence vote can only be won by a turkey voting for christmas despite the rest of the shareholders having no confidence in them in numbers

Simply it’s an individuals choice. RR will say simply “I don’t know how anyone can give the MSG money”. It is his choice and that of a good few others.

Simply it’s an individuals choice. RR will say simply “I don’t know how anyone can give the MSG money”. It is his choice and that of a good few others.
FFC is bigger than any individual or group, so cutting your nose off to spite your face isn't the answer. It is an individuals choice but These so called fans would be better following another team if that's how they feel. FFC needs true supporters!

1 hour ago, BigSpow said:
On 05/02/2020 at 19:28, Relegator Ritchie said:

I am pretty sure history would've been made if we got rid of our owners with a boycott, as far as I know no British club has been successful in doing so with that route. I said earlier you can get rid of staff at the club via many routes but owners are much harder to get rid.

Linking fans who got season tickets or are paying to go ain't in no way showing a support to our owners, they are simply supporting the team. I would guess the majority want change but history has proven that its not as easy as not turning up.

I respect anyone's decision not to go but pointing fingers at the majority who have chosen to support the club and not the owners is not the way to go about it, unless you have a plan that is obviously more foolproof than not turning up.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

You can understand the best way to hit someone is in the pocket but in this case they simply dont care, this being shown with having a squad of what is now down to 17 players with 2 on loan out (19 total). So in trying to hurt the MSG all we are doing is hurting ourselves by non attendance etc if you catch my drift.

I would say we have a good core support but surely out of all of which we have as a support someone can arrange some sort of protest whether it be banner at the stadium and being stuck at front of SS or banner protest out front after a selected game.  Meeting of fans to suggest a way of getting the message through to the MSG etc.  I mean it says a lot when a no confidence vote can only be won by a turkey voting for christmas despite the rest of the shareholders having no confidence in them in numbers

Don't know if you are of the 70's  generation support. But protesting by not turning up was tried. Crowds of 500 = part time football = doing the rounds of the yearly free transfers. We got mediocrity to a fine art and I remember crowds of 350 some weeks.  Low and behold the support never came back and it was a long slow road back.

Cannot therefore condone boycotts  because of that experience. So banners round the ground. Make it uncomfortable for them home and away. Make your feelings clear but avoid anything that could be taken as threatening. Bit of subtly needed a guard of shame as they walk to and from their cars. If you can put a bit of humour in it all the better. Remember the Prentice era 2nd time round. There was a guy in the enclosure used to position himself in front of John Prentice sitting in the directors box with a two sided placard held up in front of him with ' PRENTICE MUST GO ' got the point across every home game and got a laugh to boot.

PS John Prentice was a great club captain and played a crucial part in winning the cup. He should be remembered for that and not his managerial stint with us.

That's fair.

FFC is bigger than any individual or group, so cutting your nose off to spite your face isn't the answer. It is an individuals choice but These so called fans would be better following another team if that's how they feel. FFC needs true supporters!

Get this true supporters crap so far to f**k you self righteous gimp.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Todays game is going to be a good raincheck on our standard and the journey we have to take for Premier league level.

It's a cup tie ! It's at home ! It's against Heart's ( after Aberdeen the most despised whinging cheats to disgrace a football pitch ) So no short of motivation there then.

Would like a rip snorting cup tie getting stuck in from the first minute but suspect it will be baton down the hatches for the first 20 minutes and take it from there.

Ha ha. You've unwittingly came out with two things that may well happen this evening!

Given the history of the stadium when it comes to storms, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the police called this off due to health and safety.

If not, we'll certainly be battening down the hatches, one way or another!

Can’t actually back this by fact, but I’ve been told nothing moves in our club without MR & SA sanction/approvals 

Yes we all know the MSG are now fans with benefits and to some extent they deserve all the plaudits they have had in the past for putting their own cash into the black hole of provincial Scottish fitba.
They are now well aware of the limitations of progress when they limit their ambitions trying to bring success solely on the income generated by the club. You could argue that we had done very well in the earlier part of this decade compared to our peers with cup finals and an exciting youth academy. etc. Yet it is clear.now that as their interest to be at the forefront of directing the club has wained our fortunes have fallen off a cliff. Having a succession of various management consultants , lawyers and accountants run the club ( boring !!!) is a recipe for treading water at best. If the MSG really want to see progress they should pass on their shareholding ( which is worth next to f—all anyway) and hand their shares over for a token amount. We the fans NEED the owners to eat sleep and breathe the club not have it as a plaything . Their time has gone and I suspect they know this , my advice would be to go soon with some dignity and make way for the next chapter. Mediocrity under the current model will limit and eventually strangle the great future this club could have . COYB

27 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Ha ha. You've unwittingly came out with two things that may well happen this evening!

Given the history of the stadium when it comes to storms, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the police called this off due to health and safety.

If not, we'll certainly be battening down the hatches, one way or another!

Unwittingly saying things like that  is a good laugh right enough. If it does blow as they predict then it could well be off. What's the point of taking a bye kick you can't get out the box or sails out for a bye kick at the other end. eg. a windy game at Montrose

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

They know their time is done, but unfortunately hold all the cards at present, SA is still owed thousands, he ain’t just selling up unless he gets paid. 

Don't think it's about money with SA and possibly MR but the others on the MSG can be bought

Counter attack needs to be spot on tonight. Hearts through players forward like they are losing and if we can break quickly and effectively we can hurt them. Give them nothing.
If the wind is as bad as forecast, I'd settle for hoofball tbh. Wide players slinging balls in on top of Pereira who is shite. Even crosses from deep. Start with McMillan and finish with BSLM absolutely shithousing his way round the box elbowing folk and diving for the last minute pelanty

Absolutely terrible post.

In the summer I didn’t renew my season ticket with the intention of picking and choosing my home games or not going to them at all however I’m a tit and I’ve actually only missed 1 home game this season but I can completely respect and understand the reasons for anyone staying away and not wanting to give the board/MSG any more of their hard earned money considering the shite we’ve had to put up with over the last 10 years and the constant digs at the fans. Just because I died to go to games and they don’t does not at all make me or anyone a better fan than them. The same as being a shareholder does not make someone a better fan than someone without.

There’s been plenty back and forth about the boycott etc... this season and plenty different takes on it but that’s comfortably the worst I’ve seen yet.