The Falkirk FC Thread

Think Eadie was at the club at the wrong time.
The way we played under Clarke was all about survival.
If Eadie had been around under Jeffries or McCall I reckon he would have scored a shitload.

Agreed he was a talented guy asked to play up front alone for a very poor falkirk team .

Absolutely. Just like I went to Arbroath in the last round. I know the point you’re going to make, that gate money from cup ties are split 50/50, but my stance is that I won’t be back at TFS whilst these cancerous bast*rds are still at the Club. I’m content at withholding my ST money for the league campaign. Away games only.

As you know I am in the same place as you but have chosen to go this week as the financial contribution is the same whether I go the TFS or Tyncastle, in fact it would have been more likely as the price would probably have been higher at Tynecastle.

Sad it has come to this

Agreed he was a talented guy asked to play up front alone for a very poor falkirk team .
I'll always remember him as scoring the first goal I ever saw falkirk score in the premier league (I think) which was in a 1-1 draw at brockville in the opening game of the season v Motherwell. good finisher, scored a few for us in the top league I think (5 or 6?) in challenging league and side so not a bad player and certainly nowhere near the dross we've witnessed in the past couple of seasons

4 hours ago, bud1876 said:

If Eadie had been around under Jeffries or McCall I reckon he would have scored a shitload.

This plus the vast majority of his goals were scored at first division level.  He may have played one season at Killie in the premier but I'm not sure and if he did he struggled to score then too otherwise his season with us was his only appearance in the top flight. Many players have done it at first division/champ level and not been able to replicate that in the top flight. 

To true, from a group of six we’ve lost two die hard fans for same principal. Still huge Falkirk supporters but will never return under the current owners.
We are the same, three of us season tickets holders haven't set foot in TFS this season and won't until current regime f*cks off.

52 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:
To true, from a group of six we’ve lost two die hard fans for same principal. Still huge Falkirk supporters but will never return under the current owners.

We are the same, three of us season tickets holders haven't set foot in TFS this season and won't until current regime f*cks off.

But you bought season tickets?

7 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Spot on, the hoof ball/McKinnon ball played to him each week on his own would be something likes of only Maradona or Ronaldo could make that work. Those days the difference between the promoted team and the top league was massive too, sure we were still part time in some areas of the pitch.

The good memories of Eadie obviously were against Motherwell where he probably scored 70 odd percent of goals against but the lasting memory of him was hoof and if he managed to bring it down, it was shot from 25 yards that always went over the bar by a yard or two where clearly he was a penalty box striker.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

I do wonder the odds last August for betting Tidser would be in the Lowland League?

Don't particularly hate the guy but I never rated him and yesterdays news does confirm he was with us for the money as he is now with Kelty

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
41 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nope we didn't renew this season. Sorry should have said were season ticket holders.

Righto.

A club I'm also a member of.

My lad is trying to get me to take him on Saturday night, so I'm actively looking for an excuse not to go. It's totally grim.

I am the same, the thought of a cup match against Hearts on a Saturday night after a few beers in the pub is appealing but I am staying away. I have to be honest if I had a kid who wanted to go I would probably take them.

Righto.
My lad is trying to get me to take him on Saturday night, so I'm actively looking for an excuse not to go. It's totally grim.

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
54 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nope we didn't renew this season. Sorry should have said were season ticket holders.

Went in to the shop to get my ticket for Saturday. Guy behind the counter was doing all the work but Andy Thomson was hovering in the background putting the guy off. (f**k knows what he was doing there). The laddie asked me if I was a season ticket holder, I looked straight at Thomson and said, 'no, not this year'. Thomson says, that'll be £600 then please.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I am the same, the thought of a cup match against Hearts on a Saturday night after a few beers in the pub is appealing but I am staying away. I have to be honest if I had a kid who wanted to go I would probably take them.

No pub and a 50 minute drive each way too. cbfa tbqhwy.

40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Don't particularly hate the guy but I never rated him and yesterdays news does confirm he was with us for the money as he is now with Kelty

Quite. I saw some of his play from highlights and such, which is inevitably painting him in a better light, but even then he seemed a moderately talented, but disinterested, player. One wonders what he sees in playing when he seemingly hates it, guess it’s all piling up the cash.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Righto.

You’re in exactly the same boat as me mate but keep fighting the good fight. I’ve got a son who’s too young to understand the politics behind why we’re no longer stepping foot in TFS or buying any merchandise from the shop. He keeps asking to go on Saturday so he can see us “play a big team for a change” and it’s an extremely sad state of affairs that I feel I have say no. I can be every bit as stubborn as p***ks like Alexander and Ritchie though and I won’t give in. It’s just unfortunate we’re making these sacrifices whilst so many others continue to cough up and let the MSG away with what they’ve done. Its also likely to be an unpopular opinion, but if you offered me League 1 football again next season but under new ownership and with a complete clear out from top to bottom, I’d snap your hand off right now. Perhaps that is what it will take for fans to finally see the bigger picture and take action.

Really don’t understand this “only here for the money” patter.
There is a very large clue in the job title Full Time Professional Footballer.

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really don’t understand this “only here for the money” patter.
There is a very large clue in the job title Full Time Professional Footballer.

Exactly this. At all levels of football, players sign for the team that is prepared to pay them the most money. None of our players are with us because they love Falkirk, they are with us because we pay more money than anyone at this level out with the 2 Dundee clubs

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Unfortunately my memory's absolutely atrocious and I think I've managed to block out a lot of the shite that I've witnessed over the years.

I don't think you're too far off with that 11 though. I remember Jim Cook as a winger rather than a full back and don't have much memory of him being all that bad. I'd have Terry Mullen in at right back instead. Definitely go with Bryce in midfield though (and to think we swapped him for Bobby Robinson!), Mennie too. I'd maybe consider partnering Dennon up top with Haber as well.

Cooke was that wee shyster we signed from Shire at the same time as we signed Dunne. Played about 10 games and was never seen again.  Shire must have been laughing all the way to the bank !