The Falkirk FC Thread

The main reason for the hate against Taylor was because he had chances to put us up 4-0 against Hibs in the semi-final. Despite this if he wants to come back houstie will take him as him and Loy would score 30-40 goals betwwen themselves next season

Absolute nonsense. The fact he came across arrogant and better than the club is the reason a section of the fans didn't like him. He came from nowhere and started acting billy big time. Especially compared with a striker the season before, who again had came from nowhere, but seemed really grateful to everyone at Falkirk, it was always going to be the case. Although Taylor IMO is a better player than Farid, he will never be as popular.

The Hilson deal is off by the looks of it. Another one who has issues with Houston

Can't believe the utter nonsense on this about Lyle Taylor. Are some people honestly blaming him for not scoring a FOURTH goal against Hibs? Nothing to do with him setting up the first, winning the free kick for the 2nd and forcing the save for the 3rd. How uneducated can some people be

The Hilson deal is off by the looks of it. Another one who has issues with Houston

Can't believe the utter nonsense on this about Lyle Taylor. Are some people honestly blaming him for not scoring a FOURTH goal against Hibs? Nothing to do with him setting up the first, winning the free kick for the 2nd and forcing the save for the 3rd. How uneducated can some people be

Nothing like sensationalising one persons view and using it to represent the fans opinion on him. Nobody seriously dislikes him because of that game.

Anyhoo - 8 years to the day (two days ago :P ) since two Bairns played in a World Cup Finals match - Latapy and Theobald both featured in the 2-0 defeat to Paraguay in Germany 2006

It was Latapy's only Finals appearance but Densill played in all three T&T games, keeping Beckham at bay in one, and of course these three games are the only ones we ever got to see him play !!

Strange times.

Latapy ran the show v Paraguay as I recall. Remember the Jason Scotland song on YouTube, lol.

That's not the way I remember it TBH, he came on as a second half sub and was largely ineffectual IIRC.

Theobald on the other hand looked comfortable and capable and was well worthy of at least a run out at Falkirk - IIRC there were a few games where it would have done no harm to give him ten minutes at the end of the match - we spent months trying to sign him as well.

I know he hasn't gone on to bigger or better things, and that probably says a lot, but to not even see him play for Falkirk is pretty astonishing !!

Taylor brought a lot of the bad stuff himself via twitter.. It started again at Sheff utd, but they obv told him to zip it..

Can't see either a Farid or Taylor coming in, unless we really are pushing a boat out

That's not the way I remember it TBH, he came on as a second half sub and was largely ineffectual IIRC.

Theobald on the other hand looked comfortable and capable and was well worthy of at least a run out at Falkirk - IIRC there were a few games where it would have done no harm to give him ten minutes at the end of the match - we spent months trying to sign him as well.

I know he hasn't gone on to bigger or better things, and that probably says a lot, but to not even see him play for Falkirk is pretty astonishing !!

Theobald did indeed look comfortable, yet more nonsense from our dim manager not to at least try him a la Wallner. As for latapy, it's funny how you see things differently. I recall him coming on, strolling through their midfield with little difficulty, and coming close on at least one occasion with a shot.

I'm with Ranaldo on this one. I'm sure Latapy came on for the last 20 minutes or so and instantly started controlling the game. He had a volley which went just over aswell a think. Gave me goosebumps at the time watching the wee fella

Would be a great signing however previous with fans may stop this from happening.

Loy and Taylor would be great upfront with Sheppard and another coming in that would do us.

Millar signing up is a must plus another defender and midfielder.

I would be shocked if Millar signs now.

I would be shocked if Millar signs now.

You would be. Reckon if we sign a striker, midfielder (Millar or otherwise), defender and a keeper we'll be in decent enough shape for next season. That really is the minimum though, allows us to have more or less the same size of squad as last year, however I'd hope we'd manage to significantly improve on Beck and Flynn at least.

He got his goals when Pressley played him a bit wider. I always thought he was average through the middle. Shits out of 1 on 1 situations.

Twitter has Blackburn fans arguing over whether Left Back Matthew Briggs is off to Motherwell or Falkirk. This begs 3 questions:

How much are we getting for Kingsley?

Are the board splashing cash this season?

Are we genuinely competing against teams with European football for player signatures?

A sign that the Championship is far more attractive to players down south than our Premiership is?

That's 4 questions.