The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Are loans from England also ruled out from midnight ?

Tbh, not sure. There are less limits on the number we can have (don't think there are really any limits at all) but no idea on whether you can sign outwith the window. Clubs at our level can also sign a player on loan from a Scottish club outwith the window, bit we've used all of our ours. I kind of think we have wasted our loan options, with the very notable exception of McManus.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So basically if we dont get anyone today we're going to struggle. Basically be a similar situation to between september and january with just the dross available.

Not necessarily. Kris Doolan is a free agent I believe, plenty worse players than him currently have clubs. Davis Keillor-Dunn was a free agent until about a week ago but we couldn’t get him as we’d spunked our budget signing guys like Denny Johnstone.

As I said, I’d love some new additions but this let’s sign as many as we can as quickly as we can hasn’t exactly served us well 

I Just hope we can keep everyone fit with a squad size of 19 it will only take two injuries or suspension and we have an incomplete bench with possible players having to fill in roles unfamiliar  to them

If we can I would jump at Kris Doolan,i take it the Bairns For Life fund has not been used.
The talk on the Thistle thread seems to be that he was totally finished, legs gone etc etc. Would love to have someone like him around if we had any young strikers of our own that could learn from him, but we binned all of that.

Saying that, Gomis by all accounts looked gone in the higher league....

4 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

I Just hope we can keep everyone fit with a squad size of 19 it will only take two injuries or suspension and we have an incomplete bench with possible players having to fill in roles unfamiliar  to them

17 we have 2 players out on loan

10 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Not necessarily. Kris Doolan is a free agent I believe, plenty worse players than him currently have clubs. Davis Keillor-Dunn was a free agent until about a week ago but we couldn’t get him as we’d spunked our budget signing guys like Denny Johnstone.

As I said, I’d love some new additions but this let’s sign as many as we can as quickly as we can hasn’t exactly served us well 

Cant say I've been overly impressed by many of the players we have been able to sign out with the window recently. Most of them dont last very long. Buaben, the boy from partick who never kicked a ball. Theres very little quality about as anyone really decent is picked up before the window closes. Doolan is finished as a player now surely.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cant say I've been overly impressed by many of the players we have been able to sign out with the window recently. Most of them dont last very long. Buaben, the boy from partick who never kicked a ball. Theres very little quality about as anyone really decent is picked up before the window closes. Doolan is finished as a player now surely.

And how many of the 50 odd players signed within the window have you been impressed with?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Many weren't great but still better than the ones out with the window. Buaben and that other boy managed about two games between them.

The other boy 😂.

It probably stands to reason that the better players have a club but have we not learned our lesson about signing people for the sake of making signings?

I repeat...I would love a few new faces but we can’t keep signing dross and paying them off 6 months down the line. 

Many weren't great but still better than the ones out with the window. Buaben and that other boy managed about two games between them.

Dumbuya. Made 0 appearances for us!

Buaben had a fantastic game against Dunfermline away (1-0 Rudden). Seemed like his head was turned with a contract offer in Saudi.

Buaben had a fantastic game against Dunfermline away (1-0 Rudden). Seemed like his head was turned with a contract offer in Saudi.
Aye he started off looking like someone who could be good but just lacked match sharpness then like you say he just totally chucked it.

16 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

The other boy 😂.

It probably stands to reason that the better players have a club but have we not learned our lesson about signing people for the sake of making signings?

I repeat...I would love a few new faces but we can’t keep signing dross and paying them off 6 months down the line. 

I was just saying that to me if we dont sign anyone tonight then i doubt we will.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Aye he started off looking like someone who could be good but just lacked match sharpness then like you say he just totally chucked it.

He is playing in America now.