The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I thought that but seat was green till I payed and now red.....so has one of my mates in last few minutes....?

We’ve sold 1600 today. So most of the red dots you see are the seats blanked out (red) for season ticket holders today. Then some that are red are ones bought by non seasons going to the game. Then green is available, which turns to red once you buy it 

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We’ve sold 1600 today. So most of the red dots you see are the seats blanked out (red) for season ticket holders today. Then some that are red are ones bought by non seasons going to the game. Then green is available, which turns to red once you buy it 

We have four season tickets and names connected as “Family and Friends”.  Online ticketing system had the season tickets reserved pending payment to activate your card for the cup tie. Had to make four separate payments to buy them, you would think all four seats, could just be added to a basket and have one payment. Seems a poor version of an online ticketing system.

You know, the atmosphere and my enjoyment of that match almost suffered from the pace at which we started. We were 3 goals up before anyone knew what the f**k was going on pretty much. There was no time to settle in for a hard match against high flying opponents, no time to be nervous or anything. Just absolutely bodied them from the first whistle. I can remember just a feeling of confusion and disbelief at what I was seeing. Genuinely looked like Sammy would score every time we took possession.

......and I have the match ball.

Alex Jakubiak lads , any good?
Absolutely yes. I'd go as far to say in the past 3 seasons watching Falkirk he's the player I genuinely looked forward to paying to see. as others have said he's quick and tricky, strong good finisher and has quick feet with the ball. one of those players that when he gets the ball you think something will happen, goal, shot away, beat a couple of men.

he scored some good goals for us in the championship. was sorry to see him not come back. seems to have done okay at Gillingham too as I remember seeing him on the scoresheet quite a bit. will be interested to see how he gets on in our top league, especially against the top sides in the league, with saint mirren.

Leitch decent lads? What's his best position? 
Ta
Has good technique. There's a player in there, but he just has to figure out how to turn it into productive footballing. Hopefully some first team action at Forfar will help.

Far and away the best moment of his falkirk career so far was his cheeky chipped goal against Berwick in the betfred.

Just looking at the team list on the  webpage there we are looking light again down to 18 players with 2 of them being on loan and no back up goalie.

(they still have Tidser, MacLean, Bell and Denny Johnstone with us)

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just looking at the team list on the  webpage there we are looking light again down to 18 players with 2 of them being on loan and no back up goalie.

(they still have Tidser, MacLean, Bell and Denny Johnstone with us)

Cammy Bell released. Robbie Leitch signed contract extension then loaned out to Forfar.

We have a small squad. What size squad do Raith and Airdrie have ?

Can’t see us going with 1 goalie. That’d be crass stupidity.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We're surely getting a body or two in? Appreciate theres maybe no time pressure on us as our window stays open till end of Feb?

Are we maybe looking to be the best option for anyone left without a club? 

This could be an angle. I'm sure there are plenty of decent players pushing for a move just to get away from their current club or in need of a change. For any deals that fall through with teams above us, we could be the next best option outside of the window. 

This could be an angle. I'm sure there are plenty of decent players pushing for a move just to get away from their current club or in need of a change. For any deals that fall through with teams above us, we could be the next best option outside of the window. 

Best option? You are 2nd so surely going to the first placed team would be the “best option”