The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Also scored a decent goal against QOS in a rare 3-0 win last season.

Demi.gif

At the time I wasn't convinced he meant that, a tad concerning if Queens are looking at him adding him to Osman from our squad of last season.

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This post may end up looking silly in 24 hours time, but I don't think so.

I heard some time back that CB had interest from elsewhere that would likely appeal to him.  I presume you did too, given that you correctly named Bell as the next most-likely to go on here at the start of the week. It's not a secret that we were looking at trialist goalies. One participated in the Junior Bairns open day and I think was named on COYB.

If M&M knew this was coming they must have a plan. I wouldn't have thought that turning to someone previously considered not good enough would be part of it, but I'm just speculating. I don't know and tomorrow may prove me wrong. It's possible we could go with trialists on a three game basis.

I've got dopesickness Squad Fear, BfB.

Gimme some sugar, eh? Just a wee teaser of some incoming action to tide me over?

16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Hearing Queens couldn’t get near his wage, so either we’re paying silly money or Queens the opposite silly money.

More than a little concerned if we’re using a 17/18 man squad, here’s hoping for a couple of surprises in before end of TW.

It doesn't mean we're paying silly money at all. It stands to reason that a far bigger club, with commensurate resources, would be able to pay him a better wage. For a full time club QOS will be paying relative buttons, perhaps Dobbie apart. Ours squad is positively anorexic as it stands, considering that the aforementioned 17 includes complete passengers like McShite and McMillan.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've got dopesickness Squad Fear, BfB.

Gimme some sugar, eh? Just a wee teaser of some incoming action to tide me over?

I'm not aware of anything at the moment. At this time of year things can change quickly, but for a couple of reasons - one of which was Cracks FFCTV interview on Sat - I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't add anyone before the weekend. 

There also some sort of extension for lower league clubs that we can do business after the window closes for everyone else. I don't know the specifics but I do know that MacMillan joined us after the main window closed. Perhaps the same will happen here. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It doesn't mean we're paying silly money at all. It stands to reason that a far bigger club, with commensurate resources, would be able to pay him a better wage. For a full time club QOS will be paying relative buttons, perhaps Dobbie apart. Ours squad is positively anorexic as it stands, considering that the aforementioned 17 includes complete passengers like McShite and McMillan.

I wouldnt say McMillan is shite, i think he works better with McManus than Sammon does tbh just you can never seem to get either or the pair of them on a run of a consistent run of form mind you if either of them were they wouldnt be at Falkirk.  Theres a player in McShane but since he signed for us he just looks as if he cant be arsed and would rather be anywhere else than at us.  Before i could understand we are still a basket case of a club just on a lesser scale now than we were before the on the park stuff seems to have sorted itself out at least.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm not aware of anything at the moment. At this time of year things can change quickly, but for a couple of reasons - one of which was Cracks FFCTV interview on Sat - I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't add anyone before the weekend. 

There also some sort of extension for lower league clubs that we can do business after the window closes for everyone else. I don't know the specifics but I do know that MacMillan joined us after the main window closed. Perhaps the same will happen here. 

Sure someone mentioned lower leagues can still sign players up to the 9th Feb.

Cracks did say possibly one in and one out, if we got a back up keeper (is bowman still with us) or the lad that left us to play for Bury and was training with us ?

A bench warmer for a side in League 1. I expect if your fans knew what he was on they'd call it silly money considering what you're getting from him in return.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Sure someone mentioned lower leagues can still sign players up to the 9th Feb.

Cracks did say possibly one in and one out, if we got a back up keeper (is bowman still with us) or the lad that left us to play for Bury and was training with us ?

AFAIK both are still here. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, AGPar said:

A bench warmer for a side in League 1. I expect if your fans knew what he was on they'd call it silly money considering what you're getting from him in return.

He was top notch when he played. Just lost his place when he got injured and mutch hasnt put a foot wrong since. Probably didnt expect mutch to take over as number one so quickly.

6 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

Alex Jakubiak lads , any good?

Aye him and Andy Nelson were the 2 things to brighten up a shit season, Jakubiak the better of the 2 and more a natural scorer, or my opinion anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Twitter confirming 1600 tickets sold today, just bought my ticket seat on line for west stand. Bit confused as quick scan on both stands show a hellava amount of red seats..........

They have the season tickets blocked off until next week for some bizarre reason

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought jakubiak was on a season long loan at Gillingham?

Just looking Gillingham can only play or have 5 loan players for them to make any signings they would need to send someone back to bring in anymore players.
Also their top scorer.

1 minute ago, RossC93 said:

Signed for us anyway, along with Lee Hodson. 

Good signing for you with Jakubiak