The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Was that a 4-1 defeat when the front barrier broke?

If it’s the game I remember, we had 3 players sent off.

I watched on as Hearts striker Ian Ferguson spat in the face of Stuart Burgess (referee had his back to this incident). Sumo of course decked him. Our other centre back (Davie Beaton) was sent off in a clear case of mistaken identity. ‘Spit’ Ferguson saw out the remaining 25 minutes on the left wing!

Tom Callaghan, Gunner McWilliams also sent off.

Don't know anything about front barriers but yeah that's the one I was thinking of.

Worst ever shot I think I will ever see in a Falkirk strip at East End park, it was probably as close to the centre circle as it was the goals as it went out for a shy 30 yards from goal.
Runs fast and on brief moments he looks like he knows what he is doing
Was it him who took the worst corner in the history of football when we were first up at TFS last season?

I appreciate certain people on here have Bell down as a first ballot Hall of Famer for some bizarre reason, but I am delighted to see the back of him. He clearly wasn't bothering his sizeable arse to even pretend he was staying in the shape a full time athlete should be in and while he didn't have any disasters for us, Mutch is clearly the superior keeper and has been since tubby broke a nail or whatever it was. Another shambolic signing from McKinnon that we've probably had to pay off in Uber Eats vouchers to leave.

Leitch is an odd one - why not put a club option in his initial extension, loan him out and see how he does at Forfar?

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, MrDust said:
Worst ever shot I think I will ever see in a Falkirk strip at East End park, it was probably as close to the centre circle as it was the goals as it went out for a shy 30 yards from goal.

Was it him who took the worst corner in the history of football when we were first up at TFS last season?

Yep that's him

Forest legend according to my pal the Forest fan......tho anyone who has been there and ended up at Falkirk is....tho McKinnon might not still be

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

No word on McShane next out the door? 

Probably on too much cash to move out

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

He would sometimes (every game) beat his man for pace and have the ball in a great position, then stop, not have a clue what to do with it and run the other way.

Can't fault his work rate though, probably set up a decent number of Rudden's goals too.

😂Ha ha, that's actually true.

Tries hard though and is very good in the air. Loups like a salmon. I wouldn't have been totally against him staying at L1 level.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Bowman signed till the end of the season I would guess

This post may end up looking silly in 24 hours time, but I don't think so.

I heard some time back that CB had interest from elsewhere that would likely appeal to him.  I presume you did too, given that you correctly named Bell as the next most-likely to go on here at the start of the week. It's not a secret that we were looking at trialist goalies. One participated in the Junior Bairns open day and I think was named on COYB.

If M&M knew this was coming they must have a plan. I wouldn't have thought that turning to someone previously considered not good enough would be part of it, but I'm just speculating. I don't know and tomorrow may prove me wrong. It's possible we could go with trialists on a three game basis.

First time I saw Hearts was at TFS in the 09/10 season. They had a corner at the SS end and I watched their big black defender making a late sprint from the halfway line. It was blindingly obvious what was about to happen and I said to the guy sitting next to me - "Watch out, he's going to dive" when he did exactly that. It was absolutely blatant but they got the penalty, scored then gave an Olympic-class display of timewasting for the rest of the match.

Edited by NewBornBairn

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Leitch decent lads? What's his best position? 

Ta

He's hardly featured, played about seven games mainly as a sub, tricky, good touch, probably could play anywhere across the front line, the management team seem to rate him, I thought he would have been out the door when he signed another short deal when Miller n McCracken first started putting their stamp on things, for him then to get this deal shows they must think he's got a part to play.  Good luck to him. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

He's hardly featured, played about seven games mainly as a sub, tricky, good touch, probably could play anywhere across the front line, the management team seem to rate him, I thought he would have been out the door when he signed another short deal when Miller n McCracken first started putting their stamp on things, for him then to get this deal shows they must think he's got a part to play.  Good luck to him. 

Thank you sir.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Also scored a decent goal against QOS in a rare 3-0 win last season.

Demi.gif