The Falkirk FC Thread

I appreciate they aren't Barcelona, but Arbroath pished this league last season and they're one point outside the playoffs in the Championship. We've kept two clean sheets and would've taken 4 points if they were league games despite missing two guys I'd consider nailed on starters in Hall and Longridge.
Hopefully the TV money from the Hearts game can be used to get another body in this week.

For me it is a no brainer getting another player in. 60k TV money, more cash for getting through plus a full house we must me making north of 150k from this tie.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

For me it is a no brainer getting another player in. 60k TV money, more cash for getting through plus a full house we must me making north of 150k from this tie.

It'll only be about half that. It's £32,500 TV money, £12k prize money and I'd have thought about £30k in gate receipts for us with it being a split gate.

Still more than enough to give someone 500 quid a week till mid May.

It'll only be about half that. It's £32,500 TV money, £12k prize money and I'd have thought about £30k in gate receipts for us with it being a split gate.

I was told 60k but maybe you are right.

I was told 60k but maybe you are right.

18 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Are we on a rule we only play Maroon teams this year yeah?

So far we've been drawn against Linlithgow Rose, Arbroath and Hearts. Good spot on the coincidence of all three playing in maroon.

Unfortunately that means we are probably out because there are no other maroon teams left for us to face in the QF.

Just now, Donathan said:

So far we've been drawn against Linlithgow Rose, Arbroath and Hearts. Good spot on the coincidence of all three playing in maroon.

Unfortunately that means we are probably out because there are no other maroon teams left for us to face in the QF.

Also our last Scot cup game prior to this season was Stenny.

What a run we are on.

I did notice though that we have now run out of Maroon 😯

35 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I appreciate they aren't Barcelona, but Arbroath pished this league last season and they're one point outside the playoffs in the Championship. We've kept two clean sheets and would've taken 4 points if they were league games despite missing two guys I'd consider nailed on starters in Hall and Longridge.

Hopefully the TV money from the Hearts game can be used to get another body in this week.

Given the squad we've got on paper, I think this once again highlights the terrible job McKinnon was doing with the players at his disposal 

32 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Miller is in the FH praising the board {let’s no go mental here} said hopefully one more in, one out before the transfer window closes.

Done perfectly by Lee, now time to chap the boards door for another player,

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4867096/amp/SFA-set-slash-lucrative-Scottish-Cup-cash-windfalls.html

Apologies for the source. I've seen posters who are usually ITK on here on other threads saying 32,500 as well.

It’s definitely  £32,500 per club. You’re correct.

Went along to the game tonight, despite the pretty miserable conditions.

Felt Falkirk deserved the win. First half was beyond appalling but you lot skooshed it second half.

Still have no idea why McManus is wasting his time playing part-timers every week when he could easily do a job for most clubs in the Champ. Also enjoyed Doyle’s performance.

Couple of lads behind were talking about how much they enjoy the atmosphere at Ibrox. Hopefully you can find those responsible and hit them with a lifetime ban.