Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

On 15/01/2020 at 17:46, jagfox99 said:

Pretty much mate. Remember when Killie went mental under Lee Clark as well and signed about 5 right backs?

I'm not sure about Hartkey's trebuchet inducing summer spree but the likes of Sammut ( i think he was a loan?) wouldnt have counted against SPFL domestic temporary transfer limits.

Yeah but I would make the argument that the given the rules only apply to football players most of that squad wouldn't have counted anyway oweing to them being a bunch of beard and tattoo models who could barely run, let alone anything as coordinated as playing a bloody team sport.

48 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Be a while before we are back in the premier League, we are making it difficult enough trying to get out of league 1. Even if we do go up we will get absolutely horsed in the championship with this squad, so the two year plan might need to be revised or rather chucked in the bin. 

Much as I agree the squad wouldn't get out of the championship without some work, I think it would be comfortably mid-table. Outside of the top 4 or 5 the championship isn't that high standard either. Arbroath barely laid a glove on us last weekend and they aren't getting thumped week in week out. 

If you have not seen Whigam or Markie you must be classed as merely a novice.

I’ve had a pint a couple of times with Willie about 20 years ago, does that count?

Sadly he was good at that as well☹️

43 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I’ve had a pint a couple of times with Willie about 20 years ago, does that count?

Sadly he was good at that as well☹️

He was known to be in the 1066 bar at 5pm with the rest of the fans.

Losing the academy was bad.

Stainrod, Crunchie and Latapy were good players for us.

Just a short recap for the past umpteen pages in case anyone was wondering what’s been happening.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Losing the academy was bad.

Stainrod, Crunchie and Latapy were good players for us.

Just a short recap for the past umpteen pages in case anyone was wondering what’s been happening.

You forgot to mention Durnan made team of the week which has been highlighted as well.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He was known to be in the 1066 bar at 5pm with the rest of the fans.

There was a story doing the rounds that a guy, who had been at Brockville watching the match, left the ground at full time, went staright to the pub and Willie (who apparently wasn't best known for personal hygiene) was already sitting in the corner quietly drinking with the imprint of the ball on his forehead! :lol:

Oor great keeper Willie used to bemoan the papers getting the spelling of his name wrong virtually every week. I had interviewed him for an article in Bairns book some 20 years ago, and so I made sure the submission to the printers was correct. When printed, for whatever reason, it had been changed, and the spelling was wrong. Just for the record, he was Willie Whigham.

You forgot to mention Durnan made team of the week which has been highlighted as well.

My bad. Got lost in all the other stuff going on.

32 minutes ago, Trump said:

My bad. Got lost in all the other stuff going on.

Just spoiled a good thread, Durnan is not in the same class as previous threads 

Edited by Bantabairn

This was a brilliant memory for me.
I also recall being at a game at Brockville in the early nineties when we beat Hearts. 6-0.
Pretty sure Joe Jordan was sacked quite soon after.
Good days indeed.

We got relegated that season...

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Greatest 90 mins in Navy Blue?
Colin Samuel in the cup re Hearts. Fantastic

For me it was Crunchie v Hertz in the Scottish Cup semi at Ibrox.

He tore them apart and scored a world class Messi like screamer.

An absolute travesty he was on the losing side that day and much to do with us having Neil Berry in defence.

He got man of the match and when interviewed upon presentation on tv he was asked if it made up for losing that match.

Crunchie just death-stared at him and said something like "You're kidding right?"   

Only Crunchie would get a regular game in today’s version of the game. The Stairods and Latapys have been pretty much nullified.

What a load of bollocks today’s opposition nullify Simon or latapy your having a laugh mate!!

What a load of bollocks today’s opposition nullify Simon or latapy your having a laugh mate!!

My comment was taken out of context. I’m talking about coaching staff/managers wanting a team full of indoctrinated, sameish type players. Built like a letter T, with the raw skill curbed.

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s what was said when they dumped the Academy. Gone well that

I am not an advocate for that mob I despise those that have ran us in to the ground, my comments are from a personal point of view not a shared vision of their awful failures.