The Falkirk FC Thread

They're only willing to play in stadia that have four sides and despite the attraction of the Kelpies it's a no.

Having just been fined for financial cheating, they're only interested in playing other cheats

Awwwhhhh that hurts. Of course we have came through our financial problems just like your club had to in the past. Overdue Tax bills anyone?

Remember that time the fans all gave money to buy Crunchie.

Not quite sure why that's an insult.

Fans giving cash to buy players.

Dunfermline fans handed over a few bob this summer through their foundation crap to pay players.

Hearts want their fans to pay a monthly DD to help run the club too

Regarding the ten year anniversary of TFS, was there any particular reason we were asked to be the team to help Falkirk christen the stadium when it opened with its first match there or was it just coincidence?

I edited it, as I was on the phone and hit post. My point was going to be that all fans of clubs are essentially the same ( Apart from The Rangers) and that invariably they will give time and time again to support their clubs, and back them through thick and thin. It's the b*****ds in the board rooms that you have to watch.

You appear to have a decent guy in the fella that build the stand ( can't remember his name) and we now have a bit of stability.

It's all about learning lessons from the past, and being prudent.

It was Sandy Alexander.

£2.3M if I remember correctly.

He also paid for the building we had at Stirling Uni

Regarding the ten year anniversary of TFS, was there any particular reason we were asked to be the team to help Falkirk christen the stadium when it opened with its first match there or was it just coincidence?

It was very simple. Having played Dundee the previous 3 seasons in the cup, our board decided that the 1 team Falkirk fans will want to see more than anyone else to christen the stadium is you guys.

I must admit, I was moist at the thought.

Even Clyde and Dunfermline managed to get Man U up here.

You'd think wi Fergie being an Ex Bairn it wouldn't have been too difficult to get them.

Yes, we couldn't get a club who had shafted us more and voted to keep us out of the SPL. I am delighted I refused to go

It was Sandy Alexander.

£2.3M if I remember correctly.

He also paid for the building we had at Stirling Uni

Yes but the club are paying the SS back. It was not a freebee.

Would be a great signing however previous with fans may stop this from happening.

Loy and Taylor would be great upfront with Sheppard and another coming in that would do us.

Millar signing up is a must plus another defender and midfielder.

Wonder if the Board's projected income for next season is much less than if we'd been promoted? They seem to have loosened the purse strings a bit, though time will tell. Prize and TV money would have been more, not sure about gate receipts though. Anyone know how ST sales are doing?

Would imagine it will be Thistle because they are in a league above us, have more money, and a section of our fans were dicks to him. He did bring quite a lot of it on himself in fairness, but some of the tweets he got sent, especially towards the end of his time with us, were pretty off.

Edited by 18BAIRN76