The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
1 hour ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:
Just watched the highlights...some of the crosses that were put in yesterday wouldn't look out of place in the English Premiership.

Some of the corners were excellent as well, just a shame a few landed on Durnans head.

Most players would have headed it down and towards the net, his sort of just went up and out.

If we can move McShane on to QoS and get in another striker to play up front with McManus I reckon this window will have been a pretty good months work. The midfield picks itself for me now in Longridge - Miller/Gomis -Todd - Connolly, and we've only conceded 13 goals in 22 matches. Not convinced by either Sammon or McMillan - both can play well but just don't show it enough 

Probably frustrated that in general we seem to be slow out the blocks In games, and agree that Forfars ( and most teams) tactics dont help.

Think you’ve got to recognise that yesterday we had some new players in the side in key positions.
There’s also the factor that we probably expected to win the game so motivation is not as high as it should be. Plus the small fact that Forfar probably felt if they could get in front they’d have something to defend..,

40 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if both McShane and Bell move.  Bell can't be happy sitting on the bench in league 1, when he's not injured. Pretty obvious Mutch is No1 now.  

I think Bells next step would be retiring or move into coaching he can still do a job but he is one of the higher earners i would imagine and with Mutch making the no 1 jersey his dont see the point of having a big wage on the bench.

Think you’ve got to recognise that yesterday we had some new players in the side in key positions.
There’s also the factor that we probably expected to win the game so motivation is not as high as it should be. Plus the small fact that Forfar probably felt if they could get in front they’d have something to defend..,
Agree with all this, but especially the last point. We've seen a number of times (yesterday and last week being prime examples) of teams coming flying out of the blocks but unable to keep up the intensity and we rope-a-dope them. We didn't get the goals last week against a better team, but it was the same pattern.

I'm Looking forward to Tuesday.

I think there's still a slight question mark over Mutch.  He has looked pretty solid since coming in but can't remember the last time we were under any real pressure in a match when he's played.  The Hearts game (if we make it) will be a better test.  Bell in 1st half of season made some very good saves.  

Looked far better yesterday and finally full time fitness paid towards the end.  Everyone got pass marks though from the new boys I thought De Vita showed the least and will surely be used as back up for Longridge.  Todd looked good and jury out on Hall - looked shaky at times at the back and could be prone to an error or two.  Doyle far better going forward than usual.  

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think there's still a slight question mark over Mutch.  He has looked pretty solid since coming in but can't remember the last time we were under any real pressure in a match when he's played.  The Hearts game (if we make it) will be a better test.  Bell in 1st half of season made some very good saves.  

Looked far better yesterday and finally full time fitness paid towards the end.  Everyone got pass marks though from the new boys I thought De Vita showed the least and will surely be used as back up for Longridge.  Todd looked good and jury out on Hall - looked shaky at times at the back and could be prone to an error or two.  Doyle far better going forward than usual.  

He is as good as bell though and will be getting paid a lot less.

I think there's still a slight question mark over Mutch. 
Doyle far better going forward than usual.  

Don’t think we can really put a question mark against Mutch. We know he’s a good shot stopper, and he has been pretty competent clearing pass backs. Commands the six yard box convincingly too. Can’t see the keeper position being a cause for concern at this point.

Think Doyle’s crosses benefitted from him not having to beat a man, or try to cross while on the run. For the most part, he had space and time to take a touch, look up to get his bearings, then deliver a decent cross.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Moore starting again for Hearts v Sevco, very strange one he couldn’t at least do a job in league 1 

All he’s done is lost possession and over hit a few corners before being hooked to be fair.