Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

He’s been here for over a year, can you remember one meaningful contribution he’s made? He was part of a team that got relegated last year, and even then barely scraped in the first team. Has scored 0 goals in 17 games, didn’t get played by McKinnon and M and M don’t seem to rate him. What makes you think he’s anything but not good enough? 

Can recall a few good performances by him, County last game of season was the beat player on the park especially the first half. Livingston betfred cup was good. Was positive and direct against Airdrie when on. Feel like the criticism he gets is unfair when the only time he’s played a fair amount of minutes this league season he’s impressed.

9 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Can recall a few good performances by him, County last game of season was the beat player on the park especially the first half. Livingston betfred cup was good. Was positive and direct against Airdrie when on. Feel like the criticism he gets is unfair when the only time he’s played a fair amount of minutes this league season he’s impressed.

I remember once or twice him getting by his man at airdrie (huge positive) then slicing the ball into the stand from the attempted cross. He’s definitely had a few passable performances, and he is positive which is why he sticks out amongst some of our negative sideways passers in our side, but don’t think he’s better than any of longridge, Connolly, telfer, de vita, Todd, tidser, which is saying something 

22 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I remember once or twice him getting by his man at airdrie (huge positive) then slicing the ball into the stand from the attempted cross. He’s definitely had a few passable performances, and he is positive which is why he sticks out amongst some of our negative sideways passers in our side, but don’t think he’s better than any of longridge, Connolly, telfer, de vita, Todd, tidser, which is saying something 

Have you seen a lot of Todd play?

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Have you seen a lot of Todd play?

Yeah, he was in the same league as ours for at least 3 seasons on the trot, and as you know everyone plays everyone 4 times (at least) a season. 

A fair comment. Nah he’s probably not better than them but to say he’s absolutely shite is taking the piss imo. We’ve had worse passengers get away with it.

He’s certainly a trier.

Constantly gets himself crocked by ‘never pulling out’ but that’s a plus.

I agree that the jury is very much still out but definitely not in the sh..... category.

Ross MacLean had a good debut at Ayr last January, then was playing well against Livi in the cup in the summer before going off injured and had a good 20 minutes against Airdrie last month before again going off injured.

He’s pish. Not offensively pish and I don’t have the same dislike that I have for the likes of McShane, Telfer, Durnan etc... but he’s still not good enough. He’s a slightly faster version of David Smith.

Ross MacLean had a good debut at Ayr last January, then was playing well against Livi in the cup in the summer before going off injured and had a good 20 minutes against Airdrie last month before again going off injured.

He’s pish. Not offensively pish and I don’t have the same dislike that I have for the likes of McShane, Telfer, Durnan etc... but he’s still not good enough. He’s a slightly faster version of David Smith.

Sums it up for me.

I’d be enquiring about Mullen from St Mirren. Apparently told he can leave but I’d imagine he’ll end up at a championship team but I’d still ask the question.

MacLean just hasn't did enough for me in his time here.  Unless he can make a telling contribution in the remaining months of the season he's one that can go in the summer with quite a few others. 

20 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I’d be enquiring about Mullen from St Mirren. Apparently told he can leave but I’d imagine he’ll end up at a championship team but I’d still ask the question.

Would take him but can't see us bringing in another striker unless McMillan gets punted to St. Patrick's by St. Johnstone as was mooted or McManus gets punted/recalled by Ross County. Sammon we are stuck with regardless. 

We’ll need to disagree on this one.

Even the elite teams need the home talent, Foden, Kane etc its what fans identify with.

The money was there to deal with the Academy free of charge to the club, the MSG either through stubbornness, stupidity or something I’m not aware of, wouldn’t even sniff it.

If you bring up that offer now they just blank the question.

Who was offering to foot the bill for the academy?

Switch Todd and Longridge then I agree.

I know Durnan has been dreadful all season but I thought he had his best performance in a Falkirk shirt against Arbroath !

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Alloa winning tonight brings ten teams over ten points, what a Fck.. shitey league. 

You on the sauce?

32 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I know Durnan has been dreadful all season but I thought he had his best performance in a Falkirk shirt against Arbroath 

Be prepared for him to revert back to type this Saturday. 

I think cracks has had a word in Durnan's ear. He was very 'safety first' on Saturday. Not dribbling out from defence, or stuff like that. If he was under any pressure he launched it into touch.

Maybe, if he rethinks his moaning c**t attitude also, there could be a player there.

Maybe, Arbroath scoring only 18 goals in 21 games shows he was just up against shit opposition.

15 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

I think cracks has had a word in Durnan's ear. He was very 'safety first' on Saturday. Not dribbling out from defence, or stuff like that. If he was under any pressure he launched it into touch.

Maybe, if he rethinks his moaning c**t attitude also, there could be a player there.

Maybe, Arbroath scoring only 18 goals in 21 games shows he was just up against shit opposition. emoji2368.png

Couldn’t agree more. I still want rid if Hall is any better, but was clearly told to boot the ball into touch under any pressure on Saturday and listened, and our support still lambasted him for that approach. On that (let’s face it) atrocious pitch, it was the perfect strategy and he barely put a foot wrong. It was captain man bun in the first half who came wandering out of defence in the first half and almost fucked us 

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The funding wouldnt have stopped without elite status it just wouldnt have been as much.  You just cut your cloth to suit the budget you have. Look at Raith who have hardly a two pennies to rub together. Not even in the second tier and yet they are producing good young players like Tait and Bowie.  I agree that now is not the time to resurrect the academy but once we are out of this league we should be looking to get some sort of youth system resurrected as soon as possible,

True enough, but we also killed the Raith young team because we had to save funds because things were that dire. The group youth model is working OK, but as you note, having some local talent playing really gets the community to buy in. The current MSG team of journeymen is more of a turn-off to the community, almost a poke in the eye, after the sucess of the Academy.