The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Personally think we need cover up front and defensively but I think we won’t do any more.

What makes you say that? McCracken reported yesterday that he was looking for 1 or 2 more but needed to get the same out the door to do that.

Personally think we need cover up front and defensively but I think we won’t do any more.
BSLM has said on a few occasions that he sees himself as emergency forward cover. We have 3 or 4 strikers (counting Louis) already.

Full back is the only place I'd look at now if Hall is an improvement on the current CBs

Depending on how the books balance Tidser and MacLean away, can't imagine Laverty's contract will be much. Anyone's guess how much we are now paying for part or all of McManus contract, in my opinion we are still short in defence and will need to wrap McManus in cotton wool cos neither Sammon or McMillan will score enough. 

BSLM has said on a few occasions that he sees himself as emergency forward cover. We have 3 or 4 strikers (counting Louis) already.

Full back is the only place I'd look at now if Hall is an improvement on the current CBs

Miller is done. If he plays it will be when we have the lot on the treatment table

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:
6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:
He will still be able to jump higher than Sammon, and probably beat him in a foot race. 

I'm assuming you haven't watched Sammon this season?

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:
He will still be able to jump higher than Sammon, and probably beat him in a foot race. 

I'm assuming you haven't watched Sammon this season?

I have and id still back BSLM to beat him. Sammon is woeful

2 hours ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Don't think so, do you not read the papers?  now we've gone full time, playing squad is being bankrolled by Lord haughey

Signing two injury prone players on full time wages on 500+ crowds and having Ray McKinnon as manager. 

Sounds a foolproof plan

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Not strange at all getting paid 100 quid a week more min

Name me another full time player dropping two divisions to sign for 4th tier team.

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

is that 3 in 5 out so far?

de vita, hall, Todd

Johnstone, Laverty, tidser, McLean, Moore.

Really 5 bench warmers or injury prone players out.

Toshney also left, really only 1st team player out

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

is that 3 in 5 out so far?

de vita, hall, Todd

Johnstone, Laverty, tidser, McLean, Moore.

You missed out Toshney.

We ended December with 22 players and now have 19. 

Looking at it from a purely numerical point of view, I suspect BPM may be correct in terms of more arrivals being unlikely.  The squad size is probably just about right as it means that all signed players will be stripped every Saturday with BSLM available to fill the bench if someone is injured.

Anyone else who comes in who would be an emergency bench filler unless of course there are further departures. Trialists are a cheaper option for that and there are usually one or two around the club at any given time.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If there’s a way to do things badly, we’ll find the way to do it.

Wonder how much it’s cos us for Tidser’s 14 games ?

If we hadn't stumped up and ross county recalled him then we'd be up in arms.  Well done FFC for securing him for the remainder of the season