The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't know of any specific issues, but the general impression was that he never really settled here. He looked happy enough in the summer but as the season progressed you kind of got the impression there was a big black cloud above his head.  I thought it stood out a mile in his final appearance up at Montrose where he was probably the least effective of our midfielders.

All about opinions!
I thought he played really well at Montrose.

He must have been a dick/lazy sod behind the scenes if mcshane was being selected ahead of him. It's all a bit weird how he was very rarely played.

Overall disappointed how this worked out, thought he totally bossed us in the game against morton towards the end of the season, and really thought he'd be the main man this season. Hopefully he has another club lined up and we didnt have to pay him too much to go.

48 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

It happens all the time at all levels.  Nathan Austin ICT to Kelty, Adam Rooney moving from the SPL to the fifth tier in England, proven Premier League players going to China, Nicky Low went from Aberdeen to QOS to the Shire 😂. The top end of the junior game is littered with guys who could be playing league football and I’m sure there’s a million other examples. 

Players go to whoever is prepared to pay the money. 

So one player in Austin who wasn't getting a game most weeks at ICT in regards to the question I asked, obviously a home gig and cash similar swayed it.

Nicky low went to Ireland (not for cash)then QoS then the Shire due to his injury problems.

He worked for us down to sheer determination, his actual football skills were fairly average. But every fan at any club, will always take to someone who tries like they would if they were playing for their team. A little in the Vaulks mold but Vaulks also was a baller. 

Edited by BountyBairn

27 minutes ago, MrDust said:

So one player in Austin who wasn't getting a game most weeks at ICT in regards to the question I asked, obviously a home gig and cash similar swayed it.

Nicky low went to Ireland (not for cash)then QoS then the Shire due to his injury problems.

Yes If you ignore all the others then only one player has ever done it 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

He worked for us down to sheer determination, his actual football skills were fairly average. But every fan at any club, will always take to someone who tries like they would if they were playing for their team. A little in the Vaulks mold but Vaulks also was a baller. 

Yeah I thought he was good for us, tried like a bear and showed some quality also. 

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

It happens all the time at all levels.  Nathan Austin ICT to Kelty, Adam Rooney moving from the SPL to the fifth tier in England, proven Premier League players going to China, Nicky Low went from Aberdeen to QOS to the Shire 😂. The top end of the junior game is littered with guys who could be playing league football and I’m sure there’s a million other examples. 

Players go to whoever is prepared to pay the money. 

Some players can make more money combining part time football with a standard full time job. A chap I used to work with did the match reports for hamilton, he said that mark McLaughlin was in that situation, there was no point going full time as he wouldn't make the same money being a full time player compared to being part time and combining a full time job.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Apparently Nelson's currently injured but has been played out of position mostly when he has played. I'd love to see him back but I think he's too similar to Sammon. Wonder if Dundee would consider a swap deal? 

He's nothing like Sammon. There's been a few sinister rumours going about Nelson as well, but I can't see us allowing him to leave tbh.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's nothing like Sammon. There's been a few sinister rumours going about Nelson as well, but I can't see us allowing him to leave tbh.

When he played for us his main attributes were pace and power. Sammon's attributes are pace and power. For me, Nelson's definitely a better player though. We currently have McMillan, McManus, Longridge and even Lee Miller available up front who are all very different players to either Sammon or Nelson.

What do you mean by 'sinister' BTW?

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If there is anything in the budget then we should be using it to bring in a left back to back up Dixon. If Dixon gets injured who's playing left back from the current squad? Gary Miller? Ben Hall? Gomis? The ghost of Graham Bowman?

Agreed. Money's tight so, ideally, a left sided defender who can play LB or LCB. Someone in the mould of Patrick Brough maybe (not him though, obviously.)