Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

Probably a very unpopular opinion but I really couldn't give a hoot whether we have an academy at the moment. I would rather see us climb up the leagues and get in to the premiership before we even think about establishing an academy again. Ask yourself this, would you really trust the MSG to run it properly, given they decided to ruthlessly get rid of it without any form of consultation? Our full focus should be on climbing up the leagues anything out with is just a pipe dream.  

Edited by Stuperman01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Probably a very unpopular opinion but I really couldn't give a hoot whether we have an academy at the moment. I would rather see us climb up the leagues and get in to the premiership before we even think about establishing an academy again. Ask yourself this, would you really trust the MSG to run it properly, given they decided to ruthlessly get rid of it without any form of consultation? Our full focus should be on climbing up the leagues anything out with is just a pipe dream.  

Don’t think that any fan wouldn’t like the academy back, the reason for the academy disbandment we were told that we couldn’t afford & we were using a different model so that we could make a real go at getting top flight status. We all know that this model was an absolute disaster of epic proportions. We must have an academy going forward, but this will never fit in with the current owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Unfortunately until we find a true Falkirk supporter(s) who is willing to heavily invest in our club, we will continue with the appalling cross contamination of bad feeling with all factions.

Just picked up on a few articles about how successfully teams like St Johnstone, Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell are run, and shows what a basket case we are.

We are entering whats probably our most important half season for a long bloody time, and we are signing players like De Vita, Ben Hall, and wrangling with the likes of Longridge.
 

How far have we fallen, from last seasons demonstrations, the fake takeover bid, and a new chairman we’ve not heard a peep from ( sorry apart from his maiden speech criticism of us again) what a bloody club. 
 

Forget to say only four months till the begging bowl comes out, Community and all the good buzz words here we come 

Academy apart its not heavy investment we desperately need its making the right decisions to maximise what we have got. At the moment we are in a league where we have probably 3 times the budget of the next biggest side and yet we have already lost 3 times and are at present only in second place.  We had the second biggest budget in the championship two seasons ago and yet nearly went down. You can fling all the cash you want at this but if you continue making ridiculous decisions then it wont make any difference. We badly need to buy out the clowns on the msg which isnt really silly cash is it?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:


Totally agree, not an easy process. Should absolutely never have been at the point where we need to completely rebuild one of the most successful academies in the country.

The academy before had a large amount of funding from the SFA which we wouldnt be getting now either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this weeks winner of the most appropriate user name is...

Now if I had been called Situational Irony Bairn then bingo!

However sarcasm is often mistaken for irony, sarcasm is actually a form of verbal irony, but sarcasm is intentionally insulting which I wasn’t doing to my fellow fan here, probably because zzz... ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Academy apart its not heavy investment we desperately need its making the right decisions to maximise what we have got. At the moment we are in a league where we have probably 3 times the budget of the next biggest side and yet we have already lost 3 times and are at present only in second place.  We had the second biggest budget in the championship two seasons ago and yet nearly went down. You can fling all the cash you want at this but if you continue making ridiculous decisions then it wont make any difference. We badly need to buy out the clowns on the msg which isnt really silly cash is it?

I cant speculate whether it’s silly or a huge sum of cash, but it’s been painted that our two major shareholders are not prepared to even consider selling unless the offer is one they can’t turn down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I cant speculate whether it’s silly or a huge sum of cash, but it’s been painted that our two major shareholders are not prepared to even consider selling unless the offer is one they can’t turn down. 

I can't see Martin Ritchie holding out for a fortune. Guys loaded as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably a very unpopular opinion but I really couldn't give a hoot whether we have an academy at the moment. I would rather see us climb up the leagues and get in to the premiership before we even think about establishing an academy again. Ask yourself this, would you really trust the MSG to run it properly, given they decided to ruthlessly get rid of it without any form of consultation? Our full focus should be on climbing up the leagues anything out with is just a pipe dream.  

Sometimes you have to look ahead and put the plan in place for the next stage now though.

If we did start the Academy, the conveyor belt isn’t just going to start producing instantly. We have to start the process of winning back the local kids to our club for whatever league we are in.

That decision by the MSG was the poorest they have made in our club, it’s put us back decades. Even Dundee Utd have teams in our town ffs.

Our team needs it’s roots back or we are continuously going to moan about whatever journeyman we bring to our club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be the case that this is going to be a slow process. Back The Bairns should start up with or without the clubs support and start saving money to be ready when shares become available. There will be less pledges I'm sure but it gets things started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The fact that we were in touch of the top at xmas was more down to the other teams than Ray's managerial skills.
I get your point though.
I'd agree with this. As a Raith fan I'd only expect Falkirk to improve the fact you lot are a point behind is more down to our poor performances particularly away from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
On 11/01/2020 at 11:20, BairnBrainBrian said:
The fact that we were in touch of the top at xmas was more down to the other teams than Ray's managerial skills.
I get your point though.

I'd agree with this. As a Raith fan I'd only expect Falkirk to improve the fact you lot are a point behind is more down to our poor performances particularly away from home.

You also have to add into the fact we had a buffoon of a manager that didnt know how to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal for near half the season. Though also classed as being "within touching distance of the top of the league at christmas" as an achievement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:


Sometimes you have to look ahead and put the plan in place for the next stage now though.

If we did start the Academy, the conveyor belt isn’t just going to start producing instantly. We have to start the process of winning back the local kids to our club for whatever league we are in.

That decision by the MSG was the poorest they have made in our club, it’s put us back decades. Even Dundee Utd have teams in our town ffs.

Our team needs it’s roots back or we are continuously going to moan about whatever journeyman we bring to our club.
 

The only thing we should be looking at is getting out League 1 that's not a given this year at all. There are rumours of us having to go PT if we don't go up so I highly doubt an academy is on the agenda. Like I said I would rather focus on climbing the leagues rather than anything else. 

The academy was good at the time and probably kept us afloat for a few years, what it didn't do was get us out of the Championship for 10 years. I think closing it was completely wrong especially the way it was handed however I have no appetite at the moment for it to be established. We should look at the Stenny model and try and make some money with the youth set up that way, their community programme is pretty good. If we get a player coming through the ranks from that then it will be a bonus. This need to have an academy is only for top tier clubs which sadly we are just not at the moment. 

People need to realise that journeymen are required to get out of these leagues whether they like it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
On 11/01/2020 at 11:20, BairnBrainBrian said:
The fact that we were in touch of the top at xmas was more down to the other teams than Ray's managerial skills.
I get your point though.

I'd agree with this. As a Raith fan I'd only expect Falkirk to improve the fact you lot are a point behind is more down to our poor performances particularly away from home.

I do  think it will come down to Raith and FFC for the top spot. I doubt that we could be as poor in the 2nd half of the season as we have been so far, and for me it is a case of hoping that we improve a little bit more than Raith do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only thing we should be looking at is getting out League 1 that's not a given this year at all. There are rumours of us having to go PT if we don't go up so I highly doubt an academy is on the agenda. Like I said I would rather focus on climbing the leagues rather than anything else. 
The academy was good at the time and probably kept us afloat for a few years, what it didn't do was get us out of the Championship for 10 years. I think closing it was completely wrong especially the way it was handed however I have no appetite at the moment for it to be established. We should look at the Stenny model and try and make some money with the youth set up that way, their community programme is pretty good. If we get a player coming through the ranks from that then it will be a bonus. This need to have an academy is only for top tier clubs which sadly we are just not at the moment. 
People need to realise that journeymen are required to get out of these leagues whether they like it or not. 

We’ll need to disagree on this one.

Even the elite teams need the home talent, Foden, Kane etc its what fans identify with.

The money was there to deal with the Academy free of charge to the club, the MSG either through stubbornness, stupidity or something I’m not aware of, wouldn’t even sniff it.

If you bring up that offer now they just blank the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

The only thing we should be looking at is getting out League 1 that's not a given this year at all. There are rumours of us having to go PT if we don't go up so I highly doubt an academy is on the agenda. Like I said I would rather focus on climbing the leagues rather than anything else. 

The academy was good at the time and probably kept us afloat for a few years, what it didn't do was get us out of the Championship for 10 years. I think closing it was completely wrong especially the way it was handed however I have no appetite at the moment for it to be established. We should look at the Stenny model and try and make some money with the youth set up that way, their community programme is pretty good. If we get a player coming through the ranks from that then it will be a bonus. This need to have an academy is only for top tier clubs which sadly we are just not at the moment. 

People need to realise that journeymen are required to get out of these leagues whether they like it or not. 

The first part of that is down to the current MSG and their lack of not willing to sell, if theres no movement on that front then yes the wilderness years do beckon for us for that the blame can be laid solely at the MSG as lets face it they just arent interested in the club any longer.

As for the journeymen part they are that for a reason or they wouldnt be with us and playing at a higher level.  I would like to hope that they can get us out this league at first time of asking but we shouldnt be in this position in the first place.

Either way to look at it those in the MSG have lost interest and to give any quarter to the fanbase in their mindset would be conceding defeat and giving the fans what they want (in this case their heads on a platter by way of them selling).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The board are old and tired and make old and tired decisions repeatedly. For want of any forward planning or effective leadership they have sure sucked any pleasure out of following the club.

Tbh if it weren't for FFC I wouldn't be particularly bothered about football, and due to work and location I've only averaged 2 or 3 home games a season a while now. The season ticket being more of an emotional investment than anything else.

I'd buy into a fan-based bid a la BtB certainly, but I understand why such groups would be reluctant to bother dealing with the current incumbents. The way they buried the last scheme with the MC 'bid' was a bit depressing quite frankly.

What they probably thought a piece of deliciously artful chicanery was pretty much immediately seen through as bullshit with a bored housewifey edge.

I'm still not certain what binds the msg together or what the intention behind it is, given the lack of progress made under them. Comes across a bit lodge-y tbqh.

On a more positive note, hopefully they all die off as a species fairly soon and we get rocking again.

In the meantime, shit or get off the pot cuntos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

The only thing we should be looking at is getting out League 1 that's not a given this year at all. There are rumours of us having to go PT if we don't go up so I highly doubt an academy is on the agenda. Like I said I would rather focus on climbing the leagues rather than anything else. 

The academy was good at the time and probably kept us afloat for a few years, what it didn't do was get us out of the Championship for 10 years. I think closing it was completely wrong especially the way it was handed however I have no appetite at the moment for it to be established. We should look at the Stenny model and try and make some money with the youth set up that way, their community programme is pretty good. If we get a player coming through the ranks from that then it will be a bonus. This need to have an academy is only for top tier clubs which sadly we are just not at the moment. 

People need to realise that journeymen are required to get out of these leagues whether they like it or not. 

Rumours of PT, if I was a betting man.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:


We’ll need to disagree on this one.

Even the elite teams need the home talent, Foden, Kane etc its what fans identify with.

The money was there to deal with the Academy free of charge to the club, the MSG either through stubbornness, stupidity or something I’m not aware of, wouldn’t even sniff it.

If you bring up that offer now they just blank the question.

Absolutely respect your thoughts on this however we aren't anywhere near the level of our own premiership teams let alone those down south. As for identifying with players, a few aside, we didn't hold on to them long enough for that and the ones we did were still given shit from some of our support (I remember hearing some of the shouts at Sibbald which were totally out of order). 

As a previous poster had stated the funding would have stopped from the SFA when we lost out 'elite' status. 

The MSG are the core problem at the club the repetitive theme from their disastrous spell is really unforgiving. Fans of any other club would have run these owners out of town. 

Edited by Stuperman01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Probably a very unpopular opinion but I really couldn't give a hoot whether we have an academy at the moment. I would rather see us climb up the leagues and get in to the premiership before we even think about establishing an academy again. Ask yourself this, would you really trust the MSG to run it properly, given they decided to ruthlessly get rid of it without any form of consultation? Our full focus should be on climbing up the leagues anything out with is just a pipe dream.  

We had an academy with a great name of giving youth a chance pre Houston but it would take years to get that back again, I'd like to have smaller set up of some sort and a reserve team but biggest the issue is getting out this league, so it's the least of our issues for now.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can't see Martin Ritchie holding out for a fortune. Guys loaded as it is.

I don't think MR or Sandy Alexander want to sell, both don't see £ signs like others will and will probably remain in some capacity forever.

Two extremely successful men in business and not replicating that in the roulette world of football,tbh they have had odds stacked in their favour and failed last season and started this season similar and obviously failed with McKinnon. This year academy sale normal get out will be if M&M achieve what a good manager would've done with our budget available.

The MSG helps them hide behind who is fully to blame tho, can we really pin on who is fully to blame for our fuk ups ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now if I had been called Situational Irony Bairn then bingo!

However sarcasm is often mistaken for irony, sarcasm is actually a form of verbal irony, but sarcasm is intentionally insulting which I wasn’t doing to my fellow fan here, probably because zzz... ...


Perhaps I should change my user name to Sarcastic Perrin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...