Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

really wanted to keep hold of Longridge, but with De Vita and this new guy from Dundee just let Louis go.  He's holding out too long for more money, obvious he doesn't really want to be here.

Good old wide midfielder in a 442 I take it?
Aye he'd go out wide in there. He had a good spell for us driving through the middle (wasn't 442 mind) but given what someone else has said on here I assume he's been brought in to play out wide.

I like Longridge as a player but he is a it is my ball type of player,he does a bit to much when the easy ball is a better choice.

give ross county whatever they want to keep McManus for the rest of the season and we will the league.    I'll chip in if necessary :) 

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

I reckon Longridge will stay as well with Tidser/McShane leaving. De vita for me is the replacement for Moore, budget wise anyway. 

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:28, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh dear, is that yet another player we took away from Morton ? :lol:

Banter aside though, I think it's significant that not only has he been given an 18 month deal but there's a quote from Cracks talking about him being a big part of the plans for next season.

That would suggest the board are already considering extending their tenure beyond the summer and have given them the green light to plan accordingly.

9 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

give ross county whatever they want to keep McManus for the rest of the season and we will in the league.    I'll chip in if necessary :) 

Me too 🥳

36 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Banter aside though, I think it's significant that not only has he been given an 18 month deal but there's a quote from Cracks talking about him being a big part of the plans for next season.

That would suggest the board are already considering extending their tenure beyond the summer and have given them the green light to plan accordingly.

You had to ruin it with that bit, even if i was just fooling myself with a glimmer of hope we might have a new owner.

Ah well mediocrity here we come/are

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

give ross county whatever they want to keep McManus for the rest of the season and we will the league.    I'll chip in if necessary :) 

Bairn for life membership required imo

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Think he'll be a valuable asset in League One. For us he had talent that was notable, but just seemed to struggle at our level. Also not McPake's player, so wasn't in his plans going forward. I think he'll do a good job down there.

I remember reading something similar about Haber

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

"He's a big part of the plans for next season and stuff like that" 

45 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

"He's a big part of the plans for next season and stuff like that" 

“Listen” 😡

8 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Hes not been that bad that id pay county to keep him.😂

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I am certain that their hope is we win the league this season and everyone just forgets about all the years of mismanagement and plods along in compliance.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I am certain that their hope is we win the league this season and everyone just forgets about all the years of mismanagement and plods along in compliance.

Agree, simple strategy however I wonder what plan b is if we fail. Most important half season and really hoping that the thirteen days before the transfer window shuts, we see far more activity  with one or two decent players coming in and moving on at least three, who are stealing a wage. 

If you compared Josh Todd's career to date with McShane  (having never seen either) then you'd put your money on McShane being the better player.  Todd has had two good moves to Dundee and St Mirren and not managed more than 20 games with either before being shipped out.  

He may well provide the crosses we need to get out of League 1 but he's another we're stuck with next year if he's not up to the Championship.  I know he has played for QOS but I think what this season has shown is that picking up players from the likes of QOS and Morton (even their best ones) s not a brilliant plan.  

I will reserve judgement on any player we sign till we see him in a navy jersey.

So far M&M signings have played for about 30
Minutes in total and contributed little, not that they may in time, but feet on the ground with them all. Look how well our ex-Morton signings have been for us.

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So far M&M signings have played for about 30
Minutes in total and contributed little, not that they may in time, 

M&M seem to be working on the basis of not changing much in a winning team. which I suspect will continue today.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

M&M seem to be working on the basis of not changing much in a winning team. which I suspect will continue today.

Tbf they are building up competition for places with a bit of hunger and experience, still have an element of Tidser and McShane will be used only if last choice(more applies to Tidser) but the deadwood McKinnon left is slowly being cleared. 

Our crossing into the box has been poor, hopefully Todd can deliver that for us.

The big fear is the loss of Declan who has scored 9 goals in the 8 games under M & M.

If you compared Josh Todd's career to date with McShane  (having never seen either) then you'd put your money on McShane being the better player.  Todd has had two good moves to Dundee and St Mirren and not managed more than 20 games with either before being shipped out.  
He may well provide the crosses we need to get out of League 1 but he's another we're stuck with next year if he's not up to the Championship.  I know he has played for QOS but I think what this season has shown is that picking up players from the likes of QOS and Morton (even their best ones) s not a brilliant plan.  
I can't recall Falkirk ever picking up our best players. In recent times only Kerr has left us for you, wasn't he a decent player for you as well?

Baird as well, but he was pish for us.