Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The comparison to the late 70's and now is uncanny.

Board with no money or unwilling to find any. Squad of full of jobbers picking up a wage. No youth team. All to look forward to in the next season was hope against hope for some gems in the free transfers. All that is needed is 5 full timers and the rest part time and there we are back to 77 !

No if's or but's we must go up this season and for the sake of the fans health - as champions !

We're now getting 4,000 regularly in a modern stadium with the biggest budget in the league so I get bit irked when comparisons are made but understand your point.

Craig Campbell (and now Gary Deans) have tried to contextualise our current standing by looking at historical positions but they never mention it was when we were part time with crowds under 1,200 in a dilapidated stadium...  Brockville was always the reason given for holding us back yet here we are! 

Falkirk Spending more  money dinae get it Div -1 surely another year ther and they will be doomed.. 

Think he'll be a valuable asset in League One. For us he had talent that was notable, but just seemed to struggle at our level. Also not McPake's player, so wasn't in his plans going forward. I think he'll do a good job down there.

Falkirk Spending more  money dinae get it Div -1 surely another year ther and they will be doomed.. 
Di ye want him back aye?

Limited memories of him, but he certainly hasn’t figured in any “point and laugh” moments featuring an opposition player. He played in the horrendous 0-3 game last season, and didn’t feature when we returned the favour late on in this season, so on that alone, he is ahead on points. Here’s hoping he is a wee upgrade on what we already have, and (hopefully) soon to unload.

16 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't worry you can have McShane back. 

What's his position? I dont really remember him either.
Out wide or through the middle but I think wide is his best position. If he gets a run of games he'll breeze it in League 1. I thought he was hot and cold for a spell with us but once he found his feet he was one of our most important players.

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
54 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Di ye want him back aye?

Nope... 

13 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Replacement for Longridge?

That's the way I see it. And we have Di Vita aswell. 

56 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Don't worry you can have McShane back. 

Would rather have lovejoy back he left and done well in the spfl for County. Todd left thinking he was going to spfl and has ended up in 1st Div...

Would rather have lovejoy back he left and done well in the spfl for County. Todd left thinking he was going to spfl and has ended up in 1st Div...
That's harsh. It was another manager who signed Todd for Dundee. McPake obviously isn't keen on him. Regardless of where he is now his bank balance will be in better shape than had he stayed with us.

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That's the way I see it. And we have Di Vita aswell. 

Don’t know much about the guy but a few ( northern) friends disappointed he didn’t get a  run of games. He’s a natural wide right player but as good centrally. 
Assuming Tidser Longridge McShane all looking at the exit door, as reported earlier in weegie press a few championship teams were looking at signing, so maybe a bit of M&M influence in getting over the line, good luck and hope he does well.

He's slow, he's not very strong, he can be anonymous st times but he can be a game winner. Glad he's off the books as he wasn't fancied. Too much of a passenger, but a cracking cross. One of those that if you build around his weaknesses he'll create a ton for you.