Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Rovers v Falkirk rescheduled for Tuesday 3rd March. 

That’s probably cost us at least 500 not making game, Scottish football at its best.....

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

That’s probably cost us at least 500 not making game, Scottish football at its best.....

Doubt it’ll put off 500 fans. I reckon we will still see 1500+ make the journey, especially if a win could send us top. 

5 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Doubt it’ll put off 500 fans. I reckon we will still see 1500+ make the journey, especially if a win could send us top. 

Here’s hoping 🤞 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That was the day we got relegated. Bottom of the league and utterly dross. The previous 3/4 years were the good years

Yep it was the wilderness years that awaited us. Made all the harder to take when past glories were still fresh in the mind.

Beating Hibs in the midweek game when Cunningham turned down the Scotland job. there were about 15,000 at the game and Hibs never had a chance ( very emotional ) Putting Aberdeen out the league cup with the 3 - 1 victory. Seeing off Willy Ormond's St  Johnstone 5 -3 and on and on.

Great memories !

Any idea why it was rescheduled?

50 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Absolutely.. 

It'll knock at least 500 off our support as well and hospitality will be vastly reduced. 

Remember the good old days when the diddy cup was midweek except for the final. 

13 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Absolutely.. 

It'll knock at least 500 off our support as well and hospitality will be vastly reduced. 

Remember the good old days when the diddy cup was midweek except for the final. 

Exactly. This is all because of them bringing the dross from Ireland and Wales in. League should always take preference over this competition.

The team of the early 70’s was excellent.

True. Sadly I remember standing in the choir looking at a very empty and often angry main stand in the late 70's. My first game was about 63-64

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Here’s hoping 🤞 

Hope so too! That move probably cost Raith a good bit in hospitality and gate revenue...all replaced by weak Cup match.😞

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

True. Sadly I remember standing in the choir looking at a very empty and often angry main stand in the late 70's. My first game was about 63-64

The comparison to the late 70's and now is uncanny.

Board with no money or unwilling to find any. Squad of full of jobbers picking up a wage. No youth team. All to look forward to in the next season was hope against hope for some gems in the free transfers. All that is needed is 5 full timers and the rest part time and there we are back to 77 !

No if's or but's we must go up this season and for the sake of the fans health - as champions !

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The comparison to the late 70's and now is uncanny.

Board with no money or unwilling to find any. Squad of full of jobbers picking up a wage. No youth team. All to look forward to in the next season was hope against hope for some gems in the free transfers. All that is needed is 5 full timers and the rest part time and there we are back to 77 !

No if's or but's we must go up this season and for the sake of the fans health - as champions !

Posted earlier - not worth thinking about should we not make it up first time, if you think it’s difficult now.....

happy with that, good championship player

Good player. Attacking mid and can play wide. Not sure we needed another in that area though, unless there is one or two going out. Surely signals the end for Longridge and or Tidser/McShane. 

8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

How good is Josh Todd? I recognise the name but I can’t remember him playing against us.

Well lets hope he is more popular with us than the last St Mirren/QotS midfielder who they also rated!