Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Rovers v Falkirk rescheduled for Tuesday 3rd March. 

That’s probably cost us at least 500 not making game, Scottish football at its best.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

That’s probably cost us at least 500 not making game, Scottish football at its best.....

Doubt it’ll put off 500 fans. I reckon we will still see 1500+ make the journey, especially if a win could send us top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Doubt it’ll put off 500 fans. I reckon we will still see 1500+ make the journey, especially if a win could send us top. 

Here’s hoping 🤞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

 


That was the day we got relegated. Bottom of the league and utterly dross. The previous 3/4 years were the good years

 

Yep it was the wilderness years that awaited us. Made all the harder to take when past glories were still fresh in the mind.

Beating Hibs in the midweek game when Cunningham turned down the Scotland job. there were about 15,000 at the game and Hibs never had a chance ( very emotional ) Putting Aberdeen out the league cup with the 3 - 1 victory. Seeing off Willy Ormond's St  Johnstone 5 -3 and on and on.

Great memories !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doubt it’ll put off 500 fans. I reckon we will still see 1500+ make the journey, especially if a win could send us top. 

Any idea why it was rescheduled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

That’s probably cost us at least 500 not making game, Scottish football at its best.....

Absolutely.. 

It'll knock at least 500 off our support as well and hospitality will be vastly reduced. 

Remember the good old days when the diddy cup was midweek except for the final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Absolutely.. 

It'll knock at least 500 off our support as well and hospitality will be vastly reduced. 

Remember the good old days when the diddy cup was midweek except for the final. 

Exactly. This is all because of them bringing the dross from Ireland and Wales in. League should always take preference over this competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team of the early 70’s was excellent.

True. Sadly I remember standing in the choir looking at a very empty and often angry main stand in the late 70's. My first game was about 63-64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Here’s hoping 🤞 

Hope so too! That move probably cost Raith a good bit in hospitality and gate revenue...all replaced by weak Cup match.😞

Edited by TxRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:


True. Sadly I remember standing in the choir looking at a very empty and often angry main stand in the late 70's. My first game was about 63-64

The comparison to the late 70's and now is uncanny.

Board with no money or unwilling to find any. Squad of full of jobbers picking up a wage. No youth team. All to look forward to in the next season was hope against hope for some gems in the free transfers. All that is needed is 5 full timers and the rest part time and there we are back to 77 !

No if's or but's we must go up this season and for the sake of the fans health - as champions !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The comparison to the late 70's and now is uncanny.

Board with no money or unwilling to find any. Squad of full of jobbers picking up a wage. No youth team. All to look forward to in the next season was hope against hope for some gems in the free transfers. All that is needed is 5 full timers and the rest part time and there we are back to 77 !

No if's or but's we must go up this season and for the sake of the fans health - as champions !

 

Posted earlier - not worth thinking about should we not make it up first time, if you think it’s difficult now.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

happy with that, good championship player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good player. Attacking mid and can play wide. Not sure we needed another in that area though, unless there is one or two going out. Surely signals the end for Longridge and or Tidser/McShane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

How good is Josh Todd? I recognise the name but I can’t remember him playing against us.

Well lets hope he is more popular with us than the last St Mirren/QotS midfielder who they also rated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...