The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I thought he looked very positive on Saturday. Is he right footed but mostly plays out left?

If so I'd have him left, Connolly right and Telfer on the bench. 

Are you getting mixed up with De Vita as Todd didnt come on?

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
In other words, you weren’t there!!

Haha, I've got my 50/50 ticket to prove it if required. I didn't hear that get read out either so i could be in the money. 

I thought De Vita was pretty good when he was on though and I'd give him a start this week.

Edited by ilostmyself

I’m going to burst into tears. I had totally forgotten about looking at the vidiprinter after the games.

That was a step up from having to buy a programme to decipher the alphabet code letter allocated to each game to get the score !

Something finally clicked in my head today as to why the ownership issue is so infuriating outwith the fact that those in charge are so obviously out their depth, icnompotent etc etc etc

Its that the major steps to bring back my love for my club is so easy. So so easy. Reinstate the academy. Have a chairman and board with a clear plan that we are a club that is a great place to play football and start your career. Have clear communication and respect between fans and board, with openness about detailed financials. I think there’s a possibility M and M are a very decent coaching duo, so that could already be that bit sorted.

f**k me, even if the current chairman apologised for what has been years of crazy decision making and disrespect to the fans, he can even stay, if he implemented those changes, I don’t really care who is in charge. Just get us back to being Falkirk FC ffs

8 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Sorry, and I really don’t want to take your well meaning from the post, but that bit made me chuckle.

Haha, beauty that. I’d managed to misspell obviously too but caught it before it really became a shitshow

Something finally clicked in my head today as to why the ownership issue is so infuriating outwith the fact that those in charge are so obviously out their depth, icnompotent etc etc etc
Its that the major steps to bring back my love for my club is so easy. So so easy. Reinstate the academy. Have a chairman and board with a clear plan that we are a club that is a great place to play football and start your career. Have clear communication and respect between fans and board, with openness about detailed financials. I think there’s a possibility M and M are a very decent coaching duo, so that could already be that bit sorted.
f**k me, even if the current chairman apologised for what has been years of crazy decision making and disrespect to the fans, he can even stay, if he implemented those changes, I don’t really care who is in charge. Just get us back to being Falkirk FC ffs

I respect the post but to say at this stage reinstating the academy would be easy is just not possible. I don’t think we’ll see our academy for a long time, and it’s an absolute disgrace.

2 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

I respect the post but to say at this stage reinstating the academy would be easy is just not possible. I don’t think we’ll see our academy for a long time, and it’s an absolute disgrace.

It’s a long process to get it back to what it was - trust, infrastructure, personnel etc. But the simple fact is it has to happen, so the longer we delay it, the longer we have to wait. Those in charge still believe we don’t need one 

It’s a long process to get it back to what it was - trust, infrastructure, personnel etc. But the simple fact is it has to happen, so the longer we delay it, the longer we have to wait. Those in charge still believe we don’t need one 

Totally agree, not an easy process. Should absolutely never have been at the point where we need to completely rebuild one of the most successful academies in the country.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

No chance of any of this happening under the current regime. The new chairman is just another mouthpiece.

We are MSG FC guys, just get used to it, pay your money and know your place.

Until there is real change, not Beardy Mitty on a White Unicorn of course, that's just the way it is.

15 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Anyone know why there was a Sheffield United flag in our end on Saturday? Sheffield bairns group or just a Sheffield fans group up for an away day? 

Possibly same Sheffield family that attended the Arbroath v QoS game earlier in the season the family picked a Scottish club to go and watch & by all accounts chose Arbroath and were made most welcome. 

52 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Possibly same Sheffield family that attended the Arbroath v QoS game earlier in the season the family picked a Scottish club to go and watch & by all accounts chose Arbroath and were made most welcome. 

Nah. It’s just a group of young fans who met falkirk fans at a gig last year. They went to airdrie away at the start of the season as well.