The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

David McMillan is being linked with St Pat's Athletic this morning.

Would get another loan off the books I suppose. Sammon and McManus appear to have a good partnership and he has 3/4 goals so wouldn’t mind that at all.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Jesus, watched the highlights and Durnan, just wow. We could have used him today on some of our crosses, as our forwards aren’t coming near that accuracy.

His comedy roadshow just keeps getting better. Aided in no small part by his willing assistant Doyle. 

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Time we stopped fannying about with these loan deals that can be called back in january. 

If we did that we'd have been paying a salary to Marcus Haber for an entire season. It was only the January recall clause that allowed us to get rid of him. Along with our monthly contribution to a figure which allegedly would have paid for three or four Zak Ruddens.

I get where you're coming from, but sometimes those recall clauses protect us too. They certainly did with Haber. I think they may be in most loan deals as a sort of failsafe for everyone's protection, though that's pure speculation on my part. I do know there are often a lot of "what if" clauses built into long deals which never get publicised by the clubs.

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If we did that we'd have been paying a salary to Marcus Haber for an entire season. It was only the January recall clause that allowed us to get rid of him. Along with our monthly contribution to a figure which allegedly would have paid for three or four Zak Ruddens.

I get where you're coming from, but sometimes those recall clauses protect us too. They certainly did with Haber. I think they may be in most loan deals as a sort of failsafe for everyone's protection, though that's pure speculation on my part. I do know there are often a lot of "what if" clauses built into long deals which never get publicised by the clubs.

We also couldn't afforded McManus given a transfer fee and wages which match Ross County wedge.

Swings and roundabouts where you can add Sammut to the list also

[Time we stopped fannying about with these loan deals that can be called back in january.
It’s become an integral part of the game now .
6 month deals are a way of assessing players good or bad. M&M have been landed with Rays dealings most of whom can go in my opinion . The trick is who can we get in !

We're currently no better off than we were before the window. Da vita has replaced longbridge at the mo but he cant get a start and we have the young lad in for toshney. Must be difficult to budget though when you dont know who is still going to be here.  Time we stopped fannying about with these loan deals that can be called back in january. Should only be the case if all parties agree. How can you plan ahead when you haven't a clue whose going to still be here.

Lack of any plan in the summer has lead to this. Remember we had about 5 players a week before pre-season training started.

Hopefully the new Chairman takes a long hard lol
at things and we start to plan properly short, medium and long term.

Does he. I know he was in digs in Glasgow for a while. Maybe back at his mums now that he’s left Rangers.

At the end of the day why we have not had a conversation with Ross is beyond me.

Lack of any plan in the summer has lead to this. Remember we had about 5 players a week before pre-season training started.

Hopefully the new Chairman takes a long hard lol
at things and we start to plan properly short, medium and long term.
Theres a few folk taking a long hard lol at things tbh.

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Guess it’s a bit of a lottery in January, and simply down contacts and money. Not convinced any manager really knows what’s going on until the window closes. Agent controlled environment now, and being third tier, must be a hellava challenge 

Don’t forget that League One can move players into February, and that’s partially to allow the moves above to settle a bit and then get reacted to, especially by loans. Early window moves are a little rarer down here in Seaside than at the levels you’re used to.

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

At the end of the day why we have not had a conversation with Ross is beyond me.

Absolutely agree with you. Zak seemed to really enjoy his time with us so would have been well worth a phone call.

Ross may have felt it more beneficial for him to be playing in a promotion race rather than another relegation battle.

Absolutely agree with you. Zak seemed to really enjoy his time with us so would have been well worth a phone call.
Ross may have felt it more beneficial for him to be playing in a promotion race rather than another relegation battle.

He is going on a perm deal isn’t he?

Righty we are looking at who we will be signing to get us promoted. What must be remembered that clubs will have looked at Falkirk players.

Mutch and McManus must be on a few teams radar.

Ask your self this question. If a team came in and offered cash for either of them would the board turn them down ? Exactly ! If we still have them by the end of the transfer window we will have done well.

If Ross County decide to accept a bid or McManus then it’s really out of our hands.  However he doesn’t have to accept any other offer, he wants to stay, has just moved house and has 2 young kids. He’s went down to England before and came back up the road