Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

I will concede it appears I have been badly misinformed, to which I have conceded, and was the reason I sought clarification in the first place. You flung the initial shite. 

Id imagine you’re probably the only Raith fan to care, given you’re commenting on the subject on a forum that concerns neither you or the club you support. Another bizarre comment which I’m sure you will be sorry for, so you are forgiven in advance.

Hahaha. 

Up the road. 

The part from Brian Carrigan which you've highlighted isn't true.  (for some reason I can't quote both posts). 
I have no idea if we were in for him or not. What I do know is that it never got to the stage of him being told to report to TFS for a medical, after which he would sign the contract and would then be photographed / interviewed. The three processes are always done at the same time and in that order.  
TBH, the idea that a player would be introduced to the press BEFORE signing a legally-binding contract document is just a bit silly.

But it is ok to do it with prospective owners of course

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or calling fans racists.

23 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Hahaha. 

Up the road. 

Sorry. Airdrie fan. I got mixed up due to the fact there’s also a Raith fan on here commenting on a matter concerning Clyde and Falkirk. You’re still not a fan of either club, so I think it’s probably you who needs to go “up the road”?

We all know Celtic did this with David Turnbull, though. 

Which is why he's no a celtic player yet pictures were taken of him in a celtic kit within the parkhead. Before his medical result came through and presumably before the signing on the dotted line. 

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not IMO it isn't, which I know was shared by staff and directors.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Sorry. Airdrie fan. I got mixed up due to the fact there’s also a Raith fan on here commenting on a matter concerning Clyde and Falkirk. You’re still not a fan of either club, so I think it’s probably you who needs to go “up the road”?

Not really. 

Airdrie and Falkirk are engaged in a promotion battle with Raith so January signings is very much of interest to me. 

Were we engaged in a relegation battle with yourselves, Forfar and Stranraer, I'd be interested in their signings. 

Thankfully at the moment that is not the case and we can concern ourselves with matters at the top (or near the top) of the table, rather than the trap door. 

Who’d have thought it? Fans of other teams getting raging over a rumour from a Clyde fan, on a Falkirk FC thread.

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not IMO it isn't, which I know was shared by staff and directors.

It happened though.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Get King Louis signed up pronto.  Our most important player after McManus and Gomis imo 

Longridge is arguably our most talented player so, aye, it would perfect sense to allow him to go to one of our main rivals!:angry:

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Get King Louis signed up pronto.  Our most important player after McManus and Gomis imo 

Imagine this set up

Miller Gomis

Longridge Tidser Connolly

McManus

Oaft

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Imagine this set up

Miller Gomis

McManus

Oaft

Far too sensible. Won't catch on. Let's continue with folk like Telfer instead eh

If Longridge moves to Raith it’s down to him, not finances. I’d like to keep him but if he chooses to go to fife he should be hunted and not welcomed back again.

11 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

If Longridge moves to Raith it’s down to him, not finances. I’d like to keep him but if he chooses to go to fife he should be hunted and not welcomed back again.

If Longridge, one of the few creative players we have, chooses Raith over us, for whatever reason, we've got problems. I'd have had getting him on a new contract much further up the list of priorities than giving another contract to Leitch or signing De Vita.

Shows how far we've fallen that losing Longbridge is a big deal...

I would think that a further extension to Longridge's  contract have been  already discussed with him, which makes me think he is holding out for more £'s or  hoping somebody comes in with a better offer. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Imagine this set up

Miller Gomis

McManus

Oaft

Are they bringing back the Tennents Sixes ??

Hopefully it’s at Coasters. If it is I’ll probably end the night at the Clubhouse.

On 31/12/2019 at 17:51, brokeville said:

Correct, you are

Difficult one, with two already signed up, thought he would be signed by now. Can only guess it’s a money issue, but to loose to another rival half way through one  if not our most important half season when we’ve put money into Leitch and Devita, doesn’t add up...