The Falkirk FC Thread

I could quote any of the posts where people call him "Houstie", but I see little point in that.

There would be little point in that because you'd just be quoting people using a nickname - your bugbear was people implying 'mateyness' which you're now not going to back up.

It's remarkable you say that Thundie.

I was trying to make sense of the excitement you chaps are experiencing and it reminds me a bit of when we appointed McCall. He had connections here and was for the first time in a while, someone with genuine managerial pedigree. I was excited.

He was shite here though and I see Houston being no better for you.

Says they guy who was pumped at the prospect of Gus McPherson taking the reigns at Queens.

You can't compare the buzz we had when Jobby came back to Brockville with what you experienced. He had a great playing spell with us and was bringing in half his Airdrie side that had finished 2nd. He also brought in some ex-Bairns to supplement a couple of great youngsters. Exciting times.

I seem to recall you lost your shit when we appointed Gary Holt. Are we to expect this every summer should we continue to lose our managers to bigger clubs?

Says they guy who was pumped at the prospect of Gus McPherson taking the reigns at Queens.

You can't compare the buzz we had when Jobby came back to Brockville with what you experienced. He had a great playing spell with us and was bringing in half his Airdrie side that had finished 2nd. He also brought in some ex-Bairns to supplement a couple of great youngsters. Exciting times.

I seem to recall you lost your shit when we appointed Gary Holt. Are we to expect this every summer should we continue to lose our managers to bigger clubs?

Are you mates with Jobby as it would seem so as it is very Houstie esq. Edited by keithgy

At least the spelling was correct. You differ opinion from me but try and make it personal. Typical Falkirk "fan"

I have known George for 20 years +.

He is a nice guy but is another who wouldn't know a football from an orange. I have no doubt he can set up Academy structures after all he has had plenty practice but he ain't the most organised guy in the world.

When he was at Falkirk, Dempster was one from other clubs who he spoke to a lot. Clearly got something to do with this.

As I said he is a nice guy. Not everything he did a Falkirk was wrong. He was poorly managed with us which was a big part of the issue.

You're right. I was pleased with the appointment of Gus. It just shows how wildly misplaced, optimism over the appointment of someone who's a bit of a twat but has a reasonable record at a higher level, can be.

Of course, McCall joined us in different circumstances to those surrounding when he took charge of you. I never suggested otherwise. I just remember being pleased because he had a track record and someone said something similar about Houstie.

I was merely looking for some common ground with you fine fellows, but you just won't have it.

Most hurtful.