Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Can’t wait for a month of “I know something but I’m not telling you what it is or how I know” 💤💤💤

After the definite "we're signing Goodwillie tomorrow" statements on several sites recently, I think folk may choose to be a little vaguer with their ITK predictions in future.

2 hours ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Must agree with you. Commands at set plays and distribution getting better the more games he plays.

Game time is what will keep improving him and he is our only sellable asset.

Is it not ironic that we have no confidence in our defence but yet they are the best in the league.

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

After the definite "we're signing Goodwillie tomorrow" statements on several sites recently, I think folk may choose to be a little vaguer with their ITK predictions in future.

I'm not doing it ever again

Aafjes must be coming up 40!

Understand we might be going Dutch with new centre back 

40 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

What? He'll be paying half his own wages? 

Mark Campbell has promised to buy VVD from Liverpool and name the 4th stand after him.

He DM’d me on Twitter to let me know.

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Remember when folk were naming potential signings on here and you had a hissy fit about it saying it was putting the signings in jeopardy?

meh, f**k him. There's only 16 games left so that's no more than 3 good games out of him - assuming he steers clear of injury. Let him be an anonymous waste of space for Raith in 13 games.

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

meh, f**k him. There's only 16 games left so that's no more than 3 good games out of him - assuming he steers clear of injury. Let him be an anonymous waste of space for Raith in 13 games.

Dont forget our play off games too.

Mark Campbell has promised to buy VVD from Liverpool and name the 4th stand after him.

He DM’d me on Twitter to let me know.

But no meet up in the howgate for a coffee? Gutted...

Longridge can be a frustrating player but he is one of the few we have with any creativity.

Losing him to a direct promotion rival would be very bad business, if not rank stupidity in my opinion.

This would come back to bite us.

I'm in two minds about longridge, some games he looks fantastic eg Raith at home, but can be anonymous in many more. But his stats of 4 goals and 6 assists suggests he is effective, and perhaps playing behind the front two in the 5 3 2 didnt suit him. 

I think I'd prefer him to stay, unless we were able to sign someone far better, and I wouldn't be happy if he signed for a competitor.

Longridge can be a frustrating player but he is one of the few we have with any creativity.
Losing him to a direct promotion rival would be very bad business, if not rank stupidity in my opinion.
This would come back to bite us.

When you have a fuckin bampot like LM sorting the contracts out, what chance have we got.

Does anyone on here actually know what's happening at your end re: Goodwillie? A deal had been agreed with Falkirk and everything was ready to go with an announcement on Friday morning after Johnstone signed with Stranraer but it was pulled at the last minute. Almost finished his apprenticeship so was looking to go full time for another while. He's now on the verge of signing a new contract with Clyde.

Obviously the reaction on here to him signing with you has been more then slightly adverse, and whilst I love my club and he's been nothing but a model professional during his time at Clyde, I do long for the day where he's not on our books. I doubt that the higher-ups at Falkirk concern themselves with fan reaction given how the club has been run for the past few years, so it seemed like you were being lumped with him like it or not and have been saved by some divine circumstance.

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Does anyone on here actually know what's happening at your end re: Goodwillie? A deal had been agreed with Falkirk and everything was ready to go with an announcement on Friday morning after Johnstone signed with Stranraer but it was pulled at the last minute. Almost finished his apprenticeship so was looking to go full time for another while. He's now on the verge of signing a new contract with Clyde.

Obviously the reaction on here to him signing with you has been more then slightly adverse, and whilst I love my club and he's been nothing but a model professional during his time at Clyde, I do long for the day where he's not on our books. I doubt that the higher-ups at Falkirk concern themselves with fan reaction given how the club has been run for the past few years, so it seemed like you were being lumped with him like it or not and have been saved by some divine circumstance.

It’s a load of shite, McCracken has already said its a rumour and nothing more than that as we have enough strikers I.e. MacMillen, Miller, Sammon and McManus

Edited by AL-FFC

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I am led to believe that we were interested in signing him (disgrace!) but his drunken antics in Stirling the night before a game thankfully ended our interest.

This came from a usually reliable source.