The Falkirk FC Thread

Happy to give the guy a chance.   We are in what amounts to the third division, expected to have signed an old partially mobile journeyman in that position.   At least being young he will hopefully have a bit of energy and ambition about him.   Good thing about having decent quality defender and striker as managers is I trust them to have more accurate opinion of a player than a bog standard manager.

Give the lad a go, I'm glad we're looking at younger players and not just adding "experience".  If he's played on the left side of defence beside Dixon, hopefully he will keep him right (in the way cracks and dodds did from CB).

I'm not as convinced with Buchannan in that kind of mentoring role.... but we'll see.

Edited by MetalWolf

Speculation that Falkirk keeper Robbie Mutch has got a few clubs down south looking to bid for him. 
Preston, Swansea and Middlesbrough have all had him scouted at TFS. He’s made 15 appearances this season and took the number 1 off of Cammy Bell. 

I thought he looked brutal in his few chances with us. Slow and cumbersome, but might do a job in League One against the haddies you’re up against.

Pretty telling that he didn’t really get a sniff under McCall even though our defence has generally been dire. 

Da Vita and Hall, though? I don’t suppose we can interest you in any of the other donkeys that Caldwell has lumbered us with?

Right profile at last. Left sided with some pace hopefully.

He’a right sided. He looked okay when I seen him but 2 if those games were against Rangers Colts and Clyde’s development team. The other he gave away the ball and let an Ayr player to take a free run at goal and score.

Christ, this is all getting perilously close to the curse of “should be able to do a job at this level”.

Can’t slag the laddie off, but I think we all have sound reasons to not get too excited at this point in time. It’s not so unusual for an unknown to be the one that turns a side’s fortunes around. That’s all we can hope for at this point in time.

46 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

I thought he looked brutal in his few chances with us. Slow and cumbersome, but might do a job in League One against the haddies you’re up against.

Pretty telling that he didn’t really get a sniff under McCall even though our defence has generally been dire. 

Da Vita and Hall, though? I don’t suppose we can interest you in any of the other donkeys that Caldwell has lumbered us with?

You obviously haven't saw Durnan play for us. 

Good luck to the new laddie.

If he is struggling a little at Championship level then having the rest of the season in this shitty league could well do wonders for his confidence. He is  not going to be challenged by wave after wave of attacks so it is an ideal chance for him to get some experience.

If he doesnt cope well in our defence then maybe professional football is not for him.

3 hours ago, BudBairn said:

What’s the deal with the lazy signing chat?

Do we really want another unknown quantity at this point in the campaign?

At least the player is known and hopefully can be coached back to the player he was previously.

Give him a chance.

Very few players should be written off before even kicking a ball for the club.

Ps this isn't one

PPS we are in the 3rd tier