The Falkirk FC Thread

Longridge can be a frustrating player but he is one of the few we have with any creativity.
Losing him to a direct promotion rival would be very bad business, if not rank stupidity in my opinion.
This would come back to bite us.

When you have a fuckin bampot like LM sorting the contracts out, what chance have we got.

Does anyone on here actually know what's happening at your end re: Goodwillie? A deal had been agreed with Falkirk and everything was ready to go with an announcement on Friday morning after Johnstone signed with Stranraer but it was pulled at the last minute. Almost finished his apprenticeship so was looking to go full time for another while. He's now on the verge of signing a new contract with Clyde.

Obviously the reaction on here to him signing with you has been more then slightly adverse, and whilst I love my club and he's been nothing but a model professional during his time at Clyde, I do long for the day where he's not on our books. I doubt that the higher-ups at Falkirk concern themselves with fan reaction given how the club has been run for the past few years, so it seemed like you were being lumped with him like it or not and have been saved by some divine circumstance.

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Does anyone on here actually know what's happening at your end re: Goodwillie? A deal had been agreed with Falkirk and everything was ready to go with an announcement on Friday morning after Johnstone signed with Stranraer but it was pulled at the last minute. Almost finished his apprenticeship so was looking to go full time for another while. He's now on the verge of signing a new contract with Clyde.

Obviously the reaction on here to him signing with you has been more then slightly adverse, and whilst I love my club and he's been nothing but a model professional during his time at Clyde, I do long for the day where he's not on our books. I doubt that the higher-ups at Falkirk concern themselves with fan reaction given how the club has been run for the past few years, so it seemed like you were being lumped with him like it or not and have been saved by some divine circumstance.

It’s a load of shite, McCracken has already said its a rumour and nothing more than that as we have enough strikers I.e. MacMillen, Miller, Sammon and McManus

Edited by AL-FFC

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I am led to believe that we were interested in signing him (disgrace!) but his drunken antics in Stirling the night before a game thankfully ended our interest.

This came from a usually reliable source.

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'd heard that the BoD were split due to his history, and can only assume that is why it's not happening. 

The Longridge situation is similar to a lot of players we've let go in the past couple of years.

He's ok, can be good but to push on we reckon we can find someone better than him for the money. 

Trouble the past few years is we've not been able to find the better players so we've ended up worse.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I am led to believe that we were interested in signing him (disgrace!) but his drunken antics in Stirling the night before a game thankfully ended our interest.

This came from a usually reliable source.

2 minutes ago, champions said:

I'd heard that the BoD were split due to his history, and can only assume that is why it's not happening. 

Yeah, I had assumed as much. It just seems odd for the whole thing to get as far as a deal being agreed with press photos taken at the stadium etc, and one of your strikers being moved on, before the deal getting pulled because the BoD were worried about his reputation. If it had went through, the same thing would have happened than had happened with Clyde. Initial backlash would lead to some boycotts and VERY loud typing, but most people would just get on with it and attend/support as normal, albeit with slightly guilty bowed heads. His goals would outweigh the initial disgust around his signing and most boycotting fans would return without much reluctance or fanfare, so I doubt the board would have cared THAT much about backlash. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah, I had assumed as much. It just seems odd for the whole thing to get as far as a deal being agreed with press photos taken at the stadium etc, and one of your strikers being moved on, before the deal getting pulled because the BoD were worried about his reputation. If it had went through, the same thing would have happened than had happened with Clyde. Initial backlash would lead to some boycotts and VERY loud typing, but most people would just get on with it and attend/support as normal, albeit with slightly guilty bowed heads. His goals would outweigh the initial disgust around his signing and most boycotting fans would return without much reluctance or fanfare, so I doubt the board would have cared THAT much about backlash. 

Pretty sure @Bainsfordbairn can clear this up? 

11 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Mark Campbell has promised to buy VVD from Liverpool and name the 4th stand after him.

He DM’d me on Twitter to let me know.

It is interesting that MC's twitter account has completely stopped tweeting since the takeover collapsed back in the middle of November.

He claimed it was his personal twitter but now it seems it was set up just to dupe the more gullible Falkirk fans with some sort of carefully researched charm offensive.

However I do miss the steeple haircuts, the golf course deal, the Keane tickets , the constant my team are working hard & it's only two weeks away updates , him tramping about the Howgate, and the whole mental "Hiya Mark" cringe-fest.  

Bless him, I wonder what he's up to now - wonder if his sex case is up yet.

Edited by Hank von Hell

10 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

It is interesting that MC's twitter account has completely stopped tweeting since the takeover collapsed back in the middle of November.

He claimed it was his personal twitter but now it seems it was set up just to dupe the more gullible Falkirk fans with some sort of carefully researched charm offensive.

However I do miss the steeple haircuts, the golf course deal, the Keane tickets , the constant my team are working hard & it's only two weeks away updates , him tramping about the Howgate, and the whole mental "Hiya Mark" cringe-fest.  

Bless him, I wonder what he's up to now - wonder if his sex case is up yet.

I think thats due to be heard next month , or he could be back at Bexley doing his cabs thing again.  Pretty sure i heard someone say he was looking at Chesterfield or might reignite with Sunderland seeing as SD is selling up due to fans forcing him out (i wonder if they would be interested in a swap our MSG for SD)

40 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah, I had assumed as much. It just seems odd for the whole thing to get as far as a deal being agreed with press photos taken at the stadium etc, and one of your strikers being moved on, before the deal getting pulled because the BoD were worried about his reputation.

Is this fact, or baseless speculation? 

I was home for a week over New Year and the general consensus was that it was a done deal so surprised as well at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It's a fact, yeah

Wow. 

And to think he was apparently doing all that stupid badge slapping stuff when bailing Clyde out of a pumping off Stranraer, despite being at TFS the day before, primed to jump ship.