Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Obviously M&M have a replacement lined up. Wonder who it is ?

#ComehomeSibbs

Absolutely not happening :D He's playing nearly every week for us

Heard from a mate that Goodie wasn't at training tonight... 

Been getting hit with text messages from my son worried about the news as his Falkirk supporting pals have been texting him winding him up, can't bring myself to tell him that Goodie wasn't at training 😒

Been getting hit with text messages from my son worried about the news as his Falkirk supporting pals have been texting him winding him up, can't bring myself to tell him that Goodie wasn't at training

I’m sure once he knows he’s a scumbag he he’ll be glad he’s away.

Been getting hit with text messages from my son worried about the news as his Falkirk supporting pals have been texting him winding him up, can't bring myself to tell him that Goodie wasn't at training
We trained this morning so I wouldn't worry.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

So....

Who's the striker?

It's Ted Bundy.

KK is so excited he has already started marketing the Mega Bundy Burger Meal - "It'll Kill Ya !" 

I really think this Goodwillie chat is going too far now.
Can we reign it in a bit please?…

Perception eh, I thought that was one of my funnier jokes...she does tell me I’m no funny but

will begin 2020 owning up to this L, fair play.
You couldn't have plucked from the ether a better number or timing

Goody is better than anything you have. Delighted you don't want him. Roll on another two wins
Much like the 30 goals a season analogy used earlier, I would also rather concede 6 points to your assault on mid table than have to tell my daughters why the opposition fans are booing one of our players, then try to explain why its ok for us to cheer and sing songs about him.

If given a choice between signing Goodwillie and watching Morton take another ten goal pumping, I'd take the 10 goal pumping every fucking time.

I really dont understand the Clyde fans enthusiasm for Goodwillie. If we signed him, he stayed for years and come 2025 I was getting the itch to go back, and folded, I would sit in the stands sheepishly, feeling pretty ashamed and offer that man no enouragement whatsoever. 

What is it about football that makes you actively talk up someone who, in terms of normal society deserves to be treated like..... well a sex offender. 

Do decent, normal Clyde fans act like this too? There are a couple I can think of but I won't tag them in here as its an unsavoury debate. If they read it they can chime in. 

Get Goodwillie tae f**k. 

To think the shite we have put up with for years the threats about not going if DG signs is embarrassing. Maybe if folk had been stronger in the summer then we wouldn’t have people in charge contemplating signing him.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I really dont understand the Clyde fans enthusiasm for Goodwillie. If we signed him, he stayed for years and come 2025 I was getting the itch to go back, and folded, I would sit in the stands sheepishly, feeling pretty ashamed and offer that man no enouragement whatsoever. 

What is it about football that makes you actively talk up someone who, in terms of normal society deserves to be treated like..... well a sex offender. 

Do decent, normal Clyde fans act like this too? There are a couple I can think of but I won't tag them in here as its an unsavoury debate. If they read it they can chime in. 

Get Goodwillie tae f**k. 

It's genuine hero worship down Broadwood way for David Goodwillie. Pretty much right across the board. 

There's at best a nihilistic, amoral attitude along the lines of 'look we are taking all the heat on this because we did it but any support would love a guy who does for them what Goodie does for us, and anyone who pretends otherwise is lying'. That's pretty much the attitude, including from a good friend of mine. 

But he scores goals for them and was crucial to them getting out the bottom league (and away from the danger of the bottom of it, to boot). So it literally trumps all other concerns. 

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

To think the shite we have put up with for years the threats about not going if DG signs is embarrassing. Maybe if folk had been stronger in the summer then we wouldn’t have people in charge contemplating signing him.

I think on most peoples' moral compass this would rank as worse than losing a few games or boardroom incompetence. I'm not going to any home games and trying not to put money into the club at all (admittedly caved on the Scottish Cup ties), but I couldn't go to away games and stomach supporting Goodwillie or, even worse, watching our fans glorifying him and his actions as a 'wind up' to try and be controversial/offend. "No one likes us we don't care" can be acceptable if it's cause your team is battling a points deduction or has a couple of hard men in midfield, but in this instance is makes me feel uncomfortable, and I don't use that phrasing lightly.

I agree with your second sentence to an extent but you certainly can't put me in that group. I also think it's unfair to say "buy a season ticket = you made your bed and lie in it" re signing a rapist.

Edited by Marshmallo

Goody is better than anything you have. Delighted you don't want him. Roll on another two wins
Nobody wants him mate. That's why he plays for Clyde.

Isn’t this whole Goodwillie thing just a load of shite someone has made up on the internet?

We’ll not be spending money on a player - especially a striker when we’ve got a number on the books already.