The Falkirk FC Thread

Very surprised about duffie I was also of the opinion that he was letting his contract run down as he wanted away...he really hasn't done it for about a season & a half & sometimes he got embarrasingly ripped for pace last season..accies at home and morten away spring to mind ...maybe as has been said he was left too exposed but I wouldn't think he was first choice on what we have seen although vaulks is much better in the middle than at full back. Definitely think we need another centre half cause although McCracken can stroll through it on his day he is a total chocolate soldier eta cracks & duffs is better

Edited by distresseduke

Sare yin - posts on this forum dating back to 2009 with Dundee Utd fans calling him Houstie.

:lol: You went looking - that's magnificent son.

I never suggested this nickname craving was confined to Falkirk fans. Indeed, I said it bugged me when Queens fans did it.

Now, how the Hell is that a 'sare yin' for anybody?

This appointment has really got me buzzing. It's like when McCall took over.

It's remarkable you say that Thundie.

I was trying to make sense of the excitement you chaps are experiencing and it reminds me a bit of when we appointed McCall. He had connections here and was for the first time in a while, someone with genuine managerial pedigree. I was excited.

He was shite here though and I see Houston being no better for you.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

FWIW, it also makes me cringe when Queens fans go all first namey or nicknamey, when referring to players and managers.

Just sounds a bit needy when coming from grown ups, I tend to find.

It's only really permissible if you're a sub-editor for a Red Top.

I'm going to find it hard to look past Splatters. ;)

Particularly good news regarding young Splatters.

A comfortable victory overall.

We were the better side in the first half, without hitting any heights. I thought young Splatters did well.

Two minutes work.

Two minutes work.

Oh dear Ned.

You should perhaps have spent three minutes, maybe four.

Had you done so, you'd have found that 'Splatters' is not actually a nickname at all. It's what young GreigQOS once called a player called Slattery in error, when using predictive on his phone. Since then, it's been a daft wee in-joke among Queens fans on P&B.

It's a pity and everything because you're a very good poster ordinarily. This one has failed clumsily though.

Woukd love go see Darren Barr back as long as he is signed with the intention as playing him as a center back. His career has taken a downward spiral since he left us and im sure he will come good again if he is just palyed in his best postion. Imagine him pairing with Vaulks at the back. As for Duffie signing for another two years I hope a new manager can get the best out of him again. What is happening with kingsley? Are we likely to keep him?

Had you done so, you'd have found that 'Splatters' is not actually a nickname at all. It's what young GreigQOS once called a player called Slattery in error, when using predictive on his phone. Since then, it's been a daft wee in-joke among Queens fans on P&B.

It doesn't matter if it's just a 'daft wee in-joke', if it's not his real name it's a nickname:

A nickname is "a familiar or humorous name given to a person or thing instead of or as well as the real name."

And er...

It's good to see 'Splatters' getting revived - probably my favourite Queens nickname, even if it was an accident.

:rolleyes:

And er...

:rolleyes:

Indeed Ned. It's my favourite nickname because it's not one. That's why I use it.

Just have the honesty to admit that quoting me on this, did not establish what you were attempting to.

It's no biggie.

Edited by Monkey Tennis