Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Goal of the decade? I was in the South Stand directly in line with Leahy's half volley v Hibs in the playoff. I could see the moment it left his boot it was in, a perfect strike. No keeper could have saved it. There was a token dive by Fatty Foulkes in the Hibs goal but he was beaten the second Leahy connected with the ball.

Leahy at Livi was another thing of beauty. 

Going to chip in with my team of the decade:

McGovern

Duffie
Dods
McCracken
Kingsley

Kerr
Vaulks
Millar

Sibbald

Baird
El Alagui

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I’d much rather stick with 3 stands forever and own all of the main stand and stop the 80k a year going to Sandy.

From what I understand of the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd is that the investors-stakeholders that have put in funds, do not own the building their money was spent on.

Like any other investment in a concern it is converted into a % share of the company.

I want them to do well, but nothing I've seen suggests that we're any better than we were under McKinnon.
Folk are making the point that we're unbeaten, but we didn't exactly lose *loads* of games under McKinnon - we just drew an awful lot against teams around our level. Which we're still doing.
Some of our fans were creaming themselves that we thumped a pub team and then beat the worst team in the league. Unbelievable stuff.

Yes, let’s also ignore the fact that we travelled to an in form Montrose and won or that we certainly performed well against Raith Rovers after going a goal and a man down.
Neither of these would have happened under McKinnon.
I’ll ask again, who was the saviour who was going to come in, inspire a bunch of journeymen, and get us on track again? I can’t recollect any inspirational managers being touted on here at all despite the continual undermining of the guys that are now in charge...

23 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk team of the decade is as follows. I have selected a couple of favourites who maybe don't deserve it as much as others but I'll be fucked if I'm picking that rat bottle job Lyle Taylor and I want Leahy in my team.

McGovern

Muirhead Grant Wallace Leahy

Alston Vaulks Kerr Sibbald

McHugh Farid

I like you as a poster Marshy as you are not scared to ruffle feathers and you stand up to the favourite posters who a lot of folk shite it from but, come on, no Lyle Taylor ?? You know that’s just madness.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The concert cash has to be put into perspective and not the cash cow people think it is. Its a marketing event by FFC but a good chunk of the cash that is generated goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd where FFC have about a 30% stake and the Council who own the parking and get every coin from that.

No 4th stand until the club buy the stadium and surrounding facilities outright..

Not to be cynical, but has the Council and/or SA ever said they would consider selling their interests in TFS and associated concerns? Or is there an agreement that allows it? Most fans say that should happen, but it seems unlikely they would part with a cash cow. Just wondering why it comes up as much.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Any update on transfers that may be happening in the next couple days

Goodwillie tomorrow 

Not sure I could fully support a club that employs the likes of Goodwillie tbh. All platitudes about being a ‘community’ or a ‘family’ club up in smoke in one fell swoop.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is this true Keith.

I am afraid I have been told it is,the guy who told me is usually spot on with his info.

Im a bit behind here due to busyness and no longer being allowed my phone in work. Is the tidser goin on loan thing legit?

Seems to be, I’d probably want to leave if I fell behind McShane in the pecking order too