Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Tidser told he can leave on loan. Wrong move IMO but I’d imagine it’s to free up wages.

According to Morton fans his wage would free up enough wages for several players.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What we do in the transfer market players in and out in the next few weeks will not only define this season but seasons to come.

We require players that have a future and the team can be built around. Not only this season but the next two. Sign the right type, and players around them can be like new signings. Who would be good enough if we did go up ? Mutch, Gomis, McManus, Longridge and then one or two maybe's and that's it. So the new signings should not only help get us promoted but give a squad of 7 to 8 to build from in the higher league.

The problem is that the type of player we require and would be available would have more attractive offers than FFC.

As for Part Time be warned ! If we did even with some of the squad then its the slippery slope and near impossible to change. Believe me I lived through it in the 70's in the Miller , Little , Hagart era and it was turgid decline and attendances down to 400-500 and no hope no future. We lost generations of supporters and they never came back.

Total agreement with what we should be doing, however LMs interview after Airdrie debacle seriously has me worried. More or less said that he’s happy with “ hard working players” and perhaps a couple of changes to playing squad. He’s either really clever and has some sort of plan or out his depth. At this moment I’m on the fence as with the horrendous turnover of players we’ve witnessed, it’s very difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel. Is  it only the supporters that see the next three months as the most critical in our history ? 
We’ve lost our identity and with the ridicule we’ve seen from our BOD, its very worrying times....

10 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Tidser told he can leave on loan. Wrong move IMO but I’d imagine it’s to free up wages.

And an aging, immobile striker with a dubious injury record who's a mate of the manager coming in. Struggle to see the logic of anything going on at the moment. Bizarre.

And an aging, immobile striker with a dubious injury record who's a mate of the manager coming in. Struggle to see the logic of anything going on at the moment. Bizarre.

Exactly how I feel.

Couldn’t have put it better myself tbh.

Will anybody want him?

Will anybody want him?
Teams will want him, however, it'll depend on the contribution we'll want to his wages

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Quite disappointed at this but no real surprise. Feel hes not been given a fair chance and hes one of a few players who gets the ball down and tries to play a forward pass.

I wonder what the issue is with Tidser. McKinnon bombed him out the team without any real justification and now M&M are letting him go without giving him a chance to prove himself. 

Regarding Da Vita, I've seen him described as a midfielder but also a forward. I wonder if he's being signed to play as an attacking midfielder since that's what we seem to be lacking. It certainly doesn't make any sense to sign another striker.

35 minutes ago, champions said:

Quite disappointed at this but no real surprise. Feel hes not been given a fair chance and hes one of a few players who gets the ball down and tries to play a forward pass.

Agree, get the feeling it’s not a football decision, probably due to our financials at present and most likely further add on costs we simply can’t afford.

Tbf he was a good player before the ACL injury. I know that can ruin players though.

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, get the feeling it’s not a football decision, probably due to our financials at present and most likely further add on costs we simply can’t afford.

I overheard a guy at the raith game saying Tidser had smacked McKinnon. Whether there is a fallout from that being carried over who knows, if it's even true. :)

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What a fucking shite time to be a falkirk fan. 

Yep. 

However,  as we go through life we can change our house, we can change our job, our car, our girlfriend / boyfriend, our wife / husband but one thing we never change is the team that we are born to support. Now that vow really is "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part".

Onwards and upwards.

COYB.

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yep. 

However,  as we go through life we can change our house, we can change our job, our car, our girlfriend / boyfriend, our wife / husband but one thing we never change is the team that we are born to support. Now that vow really is "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part".

Onwards and upwards.

COYB.

And to never ever ever give up 

I overheard a guy at the raith game saying Tidser had smacked McKinnon. Whether there is a fallout from that being carried over who knows, if it's even true.

If true, we should name the north stand after him...did what every falkirk fan wanted to do to McKinnon...

I overheard a guy at the raith game saying Tidser had smacked McKinnon. Whether there is a fallout from that being carried over who knows, if it's even true.
Heard this at the Linlithgow game, spoaremtku had up against the wall by the throat

After the avalanche of new players the past three or four transfer windows, this one is going to be ultra boring, having no money.  Mind you, considering the dross we brought in maybe it's not such a bad thing.