The Falkirk FC Thread

Managing Falkirk successfully.

He'll take them backwards and come under personal pressure.

His presence in Falkirk's dugout makes me happier about Queens' chances of making the play-offs.

Based on what do you think he will take us backwards ?

I doubt very much we will see the qos tactics of hoof ball an 10 behind the ball each week....not seen queens play any fitba since headbutt Branno

Based on what do you think he will take us backwards ?

I doubt very much we will see the qos tactics of hoof ball an 10 behind the ball each week....not seen queens play any fitba since headbutt Branno

I don't think he's very good. I also think he's likely to be petulant and huffy, should it not all go his way.

In fact I share some of the concerns Falkirk fans were voicing before he actually got appointed and you all started calling him Houstie.

The mentions of Queens in your post just reveal why even Falkirk fans regard you as something of a clown on here.

I don't think he's very good. I also think he's likely to be petulant and huffy, should it not all go his way.

In fact I share some of the concerns Falkirk fans were voicing before he actually got appointed and you all started calling him Houstie.

The mentions of Queens in your post just reveal why even Falkirk fans regard you as something of a clown on here.

He's been HOUSTIE since he played over 200 games for us as well as being a hall of famer.

In fact, Houstie, Ginger God, Gas Meter. You pick.

He's been HOUSTIE since he played over 200 games for us as well as being a hall of famer.

In fact, Houstie, Ginger God, Gas Meter. You pick.

Oh I don't doubt that there's something long standing about such a cringey nickname.

It's just that it started getting aired much more often on here, by grown men desperate to convey laddish intimacy with a middle aged stranger, after he got appointed.

That's all.

Oh I don't doubt that there's something long standing about such a cringey nickname.

It's just that it started getting aired much more often on here, by grown men desperate to convey laddish intimacy with a middle aged stranger, after he got appointed.

That's all.

Houstie Houstie Houstie

That's all ;-)

I see the green eyed monster....

Only one obsessed clown I can see on here.....

What do you class as managing Falkirk successfully? You seem very interested/obsessed. The close season really that boring for you?

Oh dear God.

Are you really going for Mr Dust's 'obsessed' line too?

I'm now officially obsessed with Falkirk, Morton, Dundee and of course, Rangers then.

It's a multi-club forum guys. Relax.

Success for Falkirk this season would probably be a play-off spot.

Oh dear.

What's wrong? Can I help?

FWIW, it also makes me cringe when Queens fans go all first namey or nicknamey, when referring to players and managers.

Just sounds a bit needy when coming from grown ups, I tend to find.

It's only really permissible if you're a sub-editor for a Red Top.

Impressive interview, not a single "positives looking forward" management-speak shite. Thank-f**k Ritchie's still on holiday.

Was thinking this earlier, how many holidays does Martin Ritchie take a year?

That's all.

Oaft. It's just a nickname. Calm down.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482065/Peter-Houston-honours-pledge-to-Bairns

Linking us with Darren Barr or James Fowler as player-coach. Also claims Duffie has verbally agreed a new 2 year contract with us - surely something happened between him and Holt.

Darren Barr would be too young to be a coach surely? If that's a way we can get him signed up though then I'm all for it.

Duffie is a strange one, he was garbage last year but maybe a change of manager will do him good. If Barr comes in though I'd keep Vaulks at right back and go with McCracken and Barr CB, so Duffie wouldn't be in the side. Maybe he'd be better off further up the pitch as a wide midfielder?

Anyone know how long Housties' contract is for? Don't seem to see it any articles I have read.

Liking the boards commitment to 2/3 year deals with players. It's giving us a chance to build a team and possibly keep them, barring any accepted bids. Duffie is still an asset to us even though last season didn't go so well. Pressley got the best out of him because of the system we played.