Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No doubt there’s a higher work rate on display, but with no clear intent other than to not get beat. Clyde, Raith, Airdrie, East Fife....all seem beyond us. Now we are conceding few goals, but we aren’t scoring many either. Players that the support see us utterly dire are still getting in the team (and not because of a lack of options).
I had hoped McKinnon’s departure would have lifted the malaise, but it doesn’t look like it. Feels like we have McManus, Mutch and Longridge plus 8 manic depressives on the park.

At the start of the season with the players squad we assembled. I expected a bold attitude and a dominant style bossing the game.

Bit of a case of ' this is how we are going to play try and stop us '

It just never happened - why ?.

I suspect some players did not click together and with the opposition trying to make a point we just have never got going. Add in the McKinnon effect and we are where we are.

Hopefully we move 3 -4 on and bring in  2 -3 to change things for the better.

Fresh start and treat the first game in January as the start of a new season.

I live in hope and expect the unexpected !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I’ve sat on my feelings since witnessing today’s shambles. Genuinely trying to name a player today who remotely looks like they care. Maybe McManus Miller & Mitch, the other players who took part didn’t give a f.... Forget promotion no chance with this lot. From the guys at CB who would be mediocre in an amateur team, to a midfield that can’t tackle, chase or win a ball. Can’t really have a go at the two front players ( McMillans first touch awful) so is the M&M good feel factor now yesterday’s news?

I would like to include Miller in that, chased everything down and showed a bit of pace in closing down. Can remember a 4 yard pass from McShane (?) going straight past him and him recovering with a 40 yard sprint. He looks a decent player to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I would like to include Miller in that, chased everything down and showed a bit of pace in closing down. Can remember a 4 yard pass from McShane (?) going straight past him and him recovering with a 40 yard sprint. He looks a decent player to me.

Definitely. He’s a leader on the park which we badly need with Buchanan masquerading as a captain at the back. He’s from Falkirk and gives the arm band to kids though. 

Edited by wee_bairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard a few rumours about goodwillie signing, johnstone leaving and bell joining rangers as a scout.  No idea how true any of these are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How did it start being associated with us?


It was the mid 80’s. We sang Na Na Na in the 70’s.

A guy who plays in a local well known band was the first person to sing it in Elliot’s and it stuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toshney off on a stretcher. Any offer of a contract should be ripped up now. We’ve given the lad Laverty a contract when he was never going to play for us. Don’t want money wasted on Toshney.


The lad Lavery is on peanuts and if he was fit he would be in the team imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big transfer window for us both I think. Sorry if this is elsewhere, but I think I remember reading you gents also have players who are out of contract in Jan?

Who are they and any news on the plans for keeping/binning them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, champions said:

Heard a few rumours about goodwillie signing, johnstone leaving and bell joining rangers as a scout.  No idea how true any of these are.

If M and M think, like McKinnon did, that our strikers are the problem, we may as well pack the whole thing in and accept 4th. Almost every away game they feed off scraps, with zero service and huge gaps to midfield. They are not the fucking problem. Why haven’t we signed DKD? He’s been sitting on his arse for 4 months. I don’t care what his attitude is, he’d have probably won us 6-9 points, exactly the sort of player we need. Feels like any fan who’s watched us this season could do a better job than any management team has done this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest problem is we have zero creativity, all in fairness our best midfielder/signing has been Gomis, Sammon needs someone to play the ball to his feet though he did manage to win a header yesterday but when he laid the ball of for Dixon but Dixon pick up on it and ended up him having a rant at Sammon. McManus and MacMillan i think are showing signs of gelling together.

As far as this window goes we need someone in the back if for any reason to get shot of Durnan, i like Toshney but has been injury prone which isnt a good thing for any player and we cant afford any passengers.  All i will say is thank f**k someone seen sense and realised we needed more than 18 first team players or we would be f**ked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gulf between the fans and the club is the biggest I can remember in the ~20 years I've supported us. Don't think signing a convicted rapist goes anyway to fixing that tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

If M and M think, like McKinnon did, that our strikers are the problem, we may as well pack the whole thing in and accept 4th. Almost every away game they feed off scraps, with zero service and huge gaps to midfield. They are not the fucking problem. Why haven’t we signed DKD? He’s been sitting on his arse for 4 months. I don’t care what his attitude is, he’d have probably won us 6-9 points, exactly the sort of player we need. Feels like any fan who’s watched us this season could do a better job than any management team has done this season 

Its still can be our strikers are the problem tho, said from early on that none of them have actually linked with each other but first and foremost its more the creativity and goals from midfield that is missing.

DKD shouldve been signed instead of Tidser, I said that at the time, one is mobile not afraid to have a shot and can see  passes that others don't and the other is a legend at Morton.

I still think its hard to point a lot of blame to M & M as they are playing with McKinnon's cards, they have brought Miller to the forefront where he was nothing but a sub under McKinnon and I dont think they have went into games thinking a point will be fine. The squad perhaps is average at best and unbalanced, I do hope they try and wheel and deal a few out in January.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Its still can be our strikers are the problem tho, said from early on that none of them have actually linked with each other but first and foremost its more the creativity and goals from midfield that is missing.

DKD shouldve been signed instead of Tidser, I said that at the time, one is mobile not afraid to have a shot and can see  passes that others don't and the other is a legend at Morton.

I still think its hard to point a lot of blame to M & M as they are playing with McKinnon's cards, they have brought Miller to the forefront where he was nothing but a sub under McKinnon and I dont think they have went into games thinking a point will be fine. The squad perhaps is average at best and unbalanced, I do hope they try and wheel and deal a few out in January.

 

I dont think we will add much if any to the squad in January by the sounds of MIllers post match interview, a competent defender should be a must and a creative midfielder.  Not seen enough of Leitch to judge on him pretty sure his deal was one of them thats up be hapy to see Longridge, Miller and Toshney stay.  go Johnstone, Leitch   Looks like Sibbald has been getting his break at Livi its only since the start of December that he has featured so i would prob put the rumour about them trying to get him back to bed but stranger things have happened but in saying that he's been subbed in all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IMO the best 2 periods of play since M+M took over have been the 2nd half v Raith (with 10men) and the 15-20mins in the 2nd half yesterday after we switched to 4 at the back. We need to ditch this 3/5 at the back ASAP, we simply do not have the players for it, Buchanan  and Durnan are not great (Durnan especially) but the biggest issue with this formation is our full/wing backs are not up to the job, Doyle seem absolutely incapable of beating a man and Dixon is a disaster waiting to happen, he goes flying into challenges like a naive 18 year old debutant, as soon as we had 2 wingers on the pitch we stared to play a bit.
 


With the players we have (type of strikers) we need to play with two wide players IMO. That means you have to go to a back 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If he scores a dozen goals by the end of the season why would that be a f**k you ?
The further division it could create between fans, community groups etc. Some fans who will think he deserves a 2nd chance and those who are against it. In my opinion it's a distraction we don't need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...