The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Russ said:
Very, very meh signing. Actually a wee bit disappointed we’ve wasted a loan on him tae rather than able to get him in on a free until the end of the season.

I suppose the positive is that it’s not Billy King. Or Fraser Aird. But still just meh.

Speaking of Aird I see Cove emptied him after his Old Firm day antics. Odious wee p***k. Hope he doesnt get another gig.

He’ll end up in the Canadian premier league imo.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Russ said:
Very, very meh signing. Actually a wee bit disappointed we’ve wasted a loan on him tae rather than able to get him in on a free until the end of the season.

I suppose the positive is that it’s not Billy King. Or Fraser Aird. But still just meh.

Speaking of Aird I see Cove emptied him after his Old Firm day antics. Odious wee p***k. Hope he doesnt get another gig.

Was amazed to see he was only 24

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

It's football, clubs are happy to employ murderers, rapists, thugs etc.  In the morally corrupt world of our game if someone has ability they will get a gig somewhere.

Yeah I know I wasnt really thinking what he did will be seen as bad enough not to get another gig. Just that I hope circumstances take it in that direction. 

Never thought our club would be in such mess that the best thing that can be said about a "meh" signing is that "at least he's not a rapist".  It's almost funny.   Look at what we have become. 

I just hope that the rumours about signing Mr "It was only a civil prosecution" tomorrow are not true.   Would be scunnered.

I think most would agree that a bit of youth, pace and energy are the missing ingredients from our squad, and De Vita adds none of the above. Having said that, I doubt M&M would expecting us punters to be high fiving this sort of signing.

We have had the tragedy of Hartley’s young(ish) and hungry Anglo revolution, and McKinnon’s “tried and proven quality” which turned into a bunch of players looking like they are running through treacle at times.

Elder statesmen need to bring a Den Biemen effect with them, and this doesn’t feel like that.

Signing Goodwillie makes no sense and I can't imagine this is anything other than a wind up that's grown arms and legs.  

Plenty of reasons for this (number 1 being he is a rapist) but strikers are not the problem atm, with Miller registering himself we now have Miller, McManus, McMillan, Sammon....  appreciate none of them are much good but Miller and McMillan will score occasionally if we continue the long ball obsession and Sammon/McManus are not terrible if balls are played to their feet.  

We need creativity and if M&M are going to be the answer its important they realise this and address t with whatever budget we have in January - not spunk it away on unnecessary rapists.  

If De Vita has been brought in to play wide right, we need someone wide left and another central midfield to link with the strikers & longridge.  Its been said many times before but DKD would be ideal.  That should do.  

**edited to add - forgot about Johnstone!  Surely to God he's on his way**

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Honestly don't think De Vita is a terrible signing. Good player up to his ACL injury and then played half a dozen games for what is a rancid Thistle team. If we get the player he was at livi he will do a very good job.
The Livvy fans certainly seem to believe there's a player in there somewhere although, God knows, we didn't see a glimpse of him at Firhill. Good luck.

Regan Hendry was reportedly offered far more by Falkirk than we could offer him. Not sure how accurate that is though. 
Although generally cash is the main factor. 

It is shite because McKinnon didn’t want him. Utter clown he was

17 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We need creativity and if M&M are going to be the answer its important they realise this and address t with whatever budget we have in January - not spunk it away on unnecessary rapists.  

If De Vita has been brought in to play wide right, we need someone wide left and another central midfield to link with the strikers & longridge.  Its been said many times before but DKD would be ideal.  That should do.  

From the statement on the BBC website MIller has thanked Livi for loaning him to us and said he will add creativity in the final 3rd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50965720

Falkirk head coach Lee Miller expects his new signing to "add a creative spark to our play in the final third."

He added: "Rafa has a number of attributes that will compliment our current group and we are excited to see him in action for Falkirk. I'd also like to thank Livingston FC for their help in concluding the deal so soon."

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is shite because McKinnon didn’t want him. Utter clown he was

I'm not sure if that's accurate BPM. One of the backroom staff told me that we had Hendry at the stadium in the summer and were trying to get him. The guy in question was / is quite close to McKinnon.

He didn't know the answer when I asked why Hendry chose Raith instead.

1 hour ago, champions said:

Still hoping we'll pull a rabbit out the hat, but realistically what players of 'quality' could we attract who would a) drop to this level b) whose club would allow them to leave in january and c) can afford?

You could probably get Danny Swanson, tbh. He's desperate to get a team who'll play him every week, hes still ripping teams apart in the top flight when he's given the chance, but we're desperate to get rid as hes dropped down the pecking order as we go down the "shitfest" route of hard working players instead of ballers.