The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Feel pure jealous of fans of other teams talking about their “Team of the decade”

Feel we could debate all day about our “Sh*te team of the decade”

Spoiled for choice.

Falkirk team of the decade is as follows. I have selected a couple of favourites who maybe don't deserve it as much as others but I'll be fucked if I'm picking that rat bottle job Lyle Taylor and I want Leahy in my team.

McGovern

Muirhead Grant Wallace Leahy

Alston Vaulks Kerr Sibbald

McHugh Farid

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It was reported at the AGM that we are currently trading at break-even and that was before the report that we are getting an add-on for Gallagher.

Based on prize money for which league position and what sort of cup run?

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk team of the decade is as follows. I have selected a couple of favourites who maybe don't deserve it as much as others but I'll be fucked if I'm picking that rat bottle job Lyle Taylor and I want Leahy in my team.

McGovern

McHugh Farid

Spot on, other than Muirhead, Kerr & McHugh.

You'd have Duffie, [emoji848] & Taylor?
I love McHugh with all my heart but will acknowledge he would be better off the bench. He can be replaced by first spell Loy.

Worst team of the decade-

Fasan

McCann Dallison Russell

TOE Sammut BOB Lewis

Taylor Morgan, Haber, Showunmi

BOB just simply because of the wages he was on!

I suspect there will be suggestions for other players to be included in this team. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I missed a lot of 2010-2014 due to work, so I guess I haven’t seen half the dross during this time.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You'd have Duffie, 🤔 & Taylor?

I love McHugh with all my heart but will acknowledge he would be better off the bench. He can be replaced by first spell Loy.

Right back is a difficult one as we've been pretty poor in that position for years. I do think that Duffie was better than Muirhead in that position although he was no great shakes either. Although he played LB for the majority of his time with us I'd put Dean Holden in there (assuming we can count him as his last game was 2009).

Not sure why you don't rate Taylor and I'm assuming that the 'bottle job' comment was a reference to his miss in the SC semi? However, he had been our top scorer for many years, in fact I think that the last player to score more than him over one season with us was Doug Moran, who the vast majority of Falkirk fans would not even have seen in the flesh? (probably completely wrong with that). 

I'd have McGrandles over Kerr as well, based on Mark's second spell.

We are not "currently" trading at substantial losses.
We chose to spend more than our income in a previous financial year, which we could afford to do due to having surplus cash. 
If I remember correctly, there were figures given at the AGM for the current financial year which showed we were ahead of budget. (ie making a profit)

The cash position is the important number. The number announced at the AGM was not too bad IMO and with Vaulks and Gallacher cash to add to that I am pretty sure we will have funds for January to boost the squad. It needs it.

I am surprised people are surprised that M&M have not made a huge difference. The squad they have inherited is lacking in youth, energy, quality and balance. If by the end of January we are still as bad then plenty will be critical of M&M. Not me.

Remember they have taken over a club that is a shambles in the Boardroom (new Chairman will need time to fix). It is divided as the fans have no trust in how it is run and the ownership. It was a tough gig for an experienced manager far less two rookies. There are no scouts in place (we have the lad who looks after the shop doing the reports on future opponents at the moment).

If we don’t go up I won’t be surprised. However even being utterly dross for most of the 19 games so far we are only 3 points off the top.

However as a club we are divided. We don’t have things in place yet to be successful IMO and the continual sticking plaster of the last 2/3 years has to change. We have to get organised properly and that will take time.

McGovern
McHugh Farid

Most i would agree with. But I would go with this

McGovern

Duffie McCracken Wallace Kingsley

Taylor Farid

Subs

McGrandles (maybe in for Kerr)
Leahy
Grant
Baird
Loy (first time around)
McHugh
Dodds
Fulton

42 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:
"Can we afford to have another year like we did? Absolutely not
Gary Deans, new FFC chairman, on the club financial figures 2017/18 and 2018/19

Business summary

Mr Deans shows a slide detailing

• £690k loss
  • No debt
  • £151k at the bank in May 2019
  • Season ticket income was down £15,000
  • Sponsorship, Ads and Hospitality up £131k
  • League payments down £200,000
  • Other incime includes a dividend from Falkirk Events of £115,000.

Sorry mate, but none of that makes your point valid. A loss in the previous year doesn't mean we're STILL  losing money. The two aren't necessarily connected.

We’re currently trading at substantial losses, as reported in the past few weeks, It will not take a great deal of thought to work out that the potential losses for being in the third tier this season will see a similar debt. For our club to have losses of over 1M and unless we find another investor or MSG take further soft loans, I’d  Imagine that “ potential admin “ would be a possibility, however I may be off mark 

Correct, you are

I feel a bit sorry for Tidser. I think most thought he would have been a real coup at or level. For one reason or another he's been more cowp. I still think he's a better footballer than what he's shown but if he goes out on loan hope he comes back to us a better player for it.