The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Hughsie said:

If he said the behaviour if the fans in the summer and at Dumbarton was “unacceptable” then it doesn’t really need context.

If he thinks that’s unacceptable he’s wrong.

Has the behaviour they're talking about ever been elaborated on? I remember thinking on the day that whilst there was anger in the away end, it wasn't as if folk were being aggressive or threatening. One guy tried to breach the steward line and was pushed back, the rest just seemed like shouting. Given that the board also deemed the team performance unacceptable and releived McKinnon of his duties afterwards, I'm struggling a wee bit with the fan behaviour thing - it was nothing you won't see at any struggling club who want their gaffer gone. A huge own goal from your new chairman to reiterate that line.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Has the behaviour they're talking about ever been elaborated on? I remember thinking on the day that whilst there was anger in the away end, it wasn't as if folk were being aggressive or threatening. One guy tried to breach the steward line and was pushed back, the rest just seemed like shouting. Given that the board also deemed the team performance unacceptable and releived McKinnon of his duties afterwards, I'm struggling a wee bit with the fan behaviour thing - it was nothing you won't see at any struggling club who want their gaffer gone. A huge own goal from your new chairman to reiterate that line.

No he wasn't , I saw the footage it was hilarious.

He did indeed breach the steward line but by mistake, he was doing the whole "hold me  back, let me at 'em, I'm gonna kill ém if I get past this line "  posturing - then somehow stumbled through the line. Upon realizing he was now free to do what he was threatening to do , he panicked and ran back behind the stewards.  So funny, like all of these little fighting face goons he has no intention of doing anything beyond throwing a plastic traffic cone. 

He was probably one of the train station crew doing the Gay Gordons with Hibs as well.

18 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

How in the name of f**k can he turn things around when it was quite clear the players had downed tools on him, once that happens there is no way back for any manager doesnt matter who they are.

Wasn't Sir Saint Lee Miller in that squad of players? Was he part of the tool downing? 

Klopp is in doha with the actual Liverpool squad. This team selection wasn't of his doing. Its their u 23s basically or whatever you want to call it. 

Of course he would not have a say in what team Liverpool put out for a national cup quarter final

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Listed to the game on the radio tonight on my way home and Andy Townsend rated Gallagher as one of the best of the Liverpool team on the night...

2 of the players in the Liverpool starting XI were bought for £5m and £7m.  Makes the £100k we're due a little bit less impressive...  they got Gallacher very cheap compared to going rate for a Liverpool U23 player.  

Personally I was also surprised he got that move as didn't ever stand out for us.  

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I kinda agree.
We have already seen what we could end up with under a new regime. So whilst I have no time for any of those that have been removed, or have removed themselves from the MSG, I do want to give the new Chairman a chance to see what he and the revised board can deliver.
An awful lot of pent up frustration both from ourselves on one hand and the board on the other over past incompetence. Really we do need to try to draw a line and support the management team to get us up. If the board are not providing the necessary to make this happen that’s one thing, but we need to see what transpires from now and not focus on the damage that’s already been done.
Talk of protests at this point are of no help unless there is a viable alternative on the horizon that we can all buy into. From what I can see, there isn’t...

The point I was trying to make is that we have heard all this drivel before probably for the last 10 years. I genuinely now don't believe it makes a difference who is on the BOD they are driven by the same people who have overseen probably the worst period in Falkirk's history (administration aside). It's just a different band singing the same song can people really not see that? The infighting within the MSG is really killing the club, some want out, some don't, some are power driven they can't make an agreeable decision between them so how  is anything going to change? Fans will draw a line when/if these people leave. 

If Deans was going to be any different he would have avoided any chat about supporters behaviour in the past altogether.
”I don’t care what’s happened in the past, it’s a fresh start for everyone from now”
Even if that’s a load of pish, he’d at least be ducking the issue.
The fact he’s happy to go on record repeating that same shit is all the evidence you need that it’s business as usual.

Sadly Gary Deans is just the next in a long line of puppets . He may be more eloquent than our last chairman ( but so is Duncan Ferguson ) but I doubt he can make any difference to the current proceedings. I applaud anyone who gives up their time for the good of the club (as it doesn’t seem the owners can be arsed anymore) though the danger is once he spends some time rubbing shoulders with the glitterati in the league one board rooms spending an evening talking football ( with a cup of tea of course) with Margaret Lang and Craig Campbell May seem a little less torturous than it first seemed
Anyhow I will give up on my negative reality as requested and get behind the team against more part time opposition on Saturday and hope that the sexy football that is becoming a distant memory will return COYB

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Of course he would not have a say in what team Liverpool put out for a national cup quarter final

Well no. Not in this instance. It was the U23 coach Neil Critchley that picked the side and dictated that match as klopp is on the other side of the world. 

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Well no. Not in this instance. It was the U23 coach Neil Critchley that picked the side and dictated that match as klopp is on the other side of the world. 

International communications are quite sophisticated these days I believe.

Moving pictures and other such sorcery.

Have you still got a Betamax Video recorder?

3 hours ago, falkirkbairn10 said:

Vaulks money still to come in and also the Gallagher money..... also 3 gigs rumoured to be bringing us 300k

The gigs money will not all be coming to FFC. We get what's left after the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd take their cut.

Remember we are minor stakeholders in the stadium.

No 4th stand until we buy the stadium and surrounding land outright.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

International communications are quite sophisticated these days I believe.

Moving pictures and other such sorcery.

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Gutted to hear about the recent demise of transglobal communication networks.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Have you still got a Betamax Video recorder?

Funny c***s eh. Klopp sent them a half time message. That was it ya old duffers. 

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Funny c***s eh. Klopp sent them a half time message. That was it ya old duffers. 

Was his communication with them prior to the match cut off? He couldn't have spoken to Critchley in advance regarding team selection etc? Maybe he'd ran out of minutes and only found a shop selling top ups at half time.