The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, FTID1876 said:

Kevin Beattie:

To my fellow Falkirk fans,

It is with much sadness and regret that I hereby resign from my role as non-executive director of Falkirk Football Club. As a lifelong passionate supporter of the club, it has been a tremendous honour and a privilege to have served on the board for the past 6 months. However, due to the totally unacceptable bullying treatment I have been subjected to by some of my fellow directors, I have no alternative but to leave my position. Being physically threatened by a fellow board member in the presence of other board members and the team manager is certainly not something I expected when I agreed to join the board.

In over 30 years of full-time employment, I have never witnessed this type of behaviour or been treated in this manner and I am very surprised this conduct and attitude seems to be condoned by the rest of the board. Also, during the recent managerial turmoil, I was given no support whatsoever over the social media episode when I seem to have been found guilty of an action I did not commit. The result of this is that I have been thrown under the bus as a sacrificial scapegoat by members of the board to protect their own self-important status.

During my time on the board, there have been various stories which have been leaked from the board room, including the previous interim chairman telling anyone who would listen to him that Mark Campbell was “The new Craig Whyte” during the early days of the proposed takeover. From my perspective, that type of thing is highly unprofessional but sums up the current level of integrity at the club. My aim on joining the board was to try to improve the fans perception of the board and foster a better relationship with the fans. Sadly, I have to admit to failing to achieve this and will now revert back to being a fan and part of the true lifeblood of the club. To say I am extremely disappointed at the treatment I have received from fellow board members would be an understatement to say the least. I am delighted however we have a true professional in Gary Deans who hopefully can stabilise the ship and take things forward.

Finally, I will now utilise my spare time to support Strathcarron Hospice who at least value my spare time greatly.

COYB

Heard the muppet doing the bullying was Lex Miller (Shocker)....

Supposedly he has been served court papers, relating to what I’m not too sure, but hopefully time we get that tit off the board. 

No doubt going by his ego and bullying tactics it will be something related to that but looking like the AGM will be juicy. 

Looking forward to digging deeper tomorrow night and finding out exactly what our “Interim Chairman” has been getting up to. 
We will no doubt try to have the wool pulled over our eyes but hopefully enough of us will stand up and finally get this cancer out of our club once and for all!

Who knows, maybe the court papers will have him picked up and locked away before the AGM so we don’t need to listen to his nonsense 🙏

This shambles have to go, f**k knows how but they have to go, after a statement like that from a director  other than a stick their heads in the sand and pretty everything is fine and they arent the problem with a give a turkey a vote on Christmas  on a vote of no confidence.  

To me i dont see any divide by board and support changing unless the current shambles of an MSG get their finger out there arse and sort their act out they could put as many new strategies out as they like, the problem is still going to be there and thats them.

You would see Kevin at games out talking to fans and staff, providing a real link between the two. He seemed to face up to everything but has been forced out for some reason. 

Really hope we find out more about the allegations of bullying.
Clearly something is not right here, but I think we need to understand the facts before drawing early conclusions.
Recent board history, however, makes it difficult not to take sides....

3 hours ago, Stornado said:

Heard the muppet doing the bullying was Lex Miller (Shocker)....

Supposedly he has been served court papers, relating to what I’m not too sure, but hopefully time we get that tit off the board. 

No doubt going by his ego and bullying tactics it will be something related to that but looking like the AGM will be juicy. 

Looking forward to digging deeper tomorrow night and finding out exactly what our “Interim Chairman” has been getting up to. 
We will no doubt try to have the wool pulled over our eyes but hopefully enough of us will stand up and finally get this cancer out of our club once and for all!

Who knows, maybe the court papers will have him picked up and locked away before the AGM so we don’t need to listen to his nonsense 🙏

Kevin and Lex Miller were  mates. If this is true it's a pretty shoddy way to treat a mate and a decent guy whose been a huge supporter of FFC over the years. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What's the social media episode he's talking about?

i think it refers to a board meeting after the Airdrie game where Mckinnon nearly got sacked, (the one where AT apparently said "f**k the fans") the details of which were rumored to have been leaked by either him or a member of his family.

6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

i think it refers to a board meeting after the Airdrie game where Mckinnon nearly got sacked, (the one where AT apparently said "f**k the fans") the details of which were rumored to have been leaked by either him or a member of his family.

Ok cheers.

ETA f**k Andy Thomson.

Edited by Rugster

I had some dealings with Kevin a few weeks ago about an issue that happened at one of our games earlier in the season. I found him a thoroughly decent bloke. A shame this has happened.

Watched the highlights back a couple of times and feel I do need to revise my earlier summary. We definitely showed a lot more fight than we have been in the second half (although the first-half was still poor). Worrying though that it's another game against a team around us that we've failed to win.

Interesting to see if this triggers another “club statement” or if they go for the radio silence strategy.

I guess it all depends on whether or not the red top media give it any column inches.