The Falkirk FC Thread

Both he and Durnan take daft chances at times, today being one of them.  IMO Toshney's better than either but he seems to be a bit injury prone.

This being spouted about having the best defence in Scotland or whatever it is now is a lot of pish. The amount of errors they make is actually disgraceful. That being said thought apart from the calamity pair at centre half we were excellent today. Really like Gary Miller in the holding role and thought McShane has clearly had a rocket up the arse judging by his work rate today. McManus and Longridge outstanding.

I don’t think we were excellent by any means but it’s hard to say how we would have done with 11.

There was just generally a better vibe about the place and in the team I thought. When we equalized and it went to 10 v 10 it was certainly the most positive period I can remember for a while at home in terms of the crowd getting up and players looking up for it.

Long way to go and just need to hope this is the start of a run of better performances and results.

Not for me.

Aye Buchanan gets away with a lot because he’s a ‘Falkirk fan’ and obviously playing next to Durnan makes him look better than he actually is but he’s fucking shite as well. Absolute bang average jobber. Toshney is comfortably better than both imo.

I’d say our defensive is more to do with the standard of opposition and our ‘keepers than much about our defence.

50 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I don’t think we were excellent by any means but it’s hard to say how we would have done with 11.

There was just generally a better vibe about the place and in the team I thought. When we equalized and it went to 10 v 10 it was certainly the most positive period I can remember for a while at home in terms of the crowd getting up and players looking up for it.

Long way to go and just need to hope this is the start of a run of better performances and results.

Yup, I agree. I think if we manage a win next week in the way that we reacted today, we may just have turned a corner. Time will tell.

I wonder if M&M will try and get rid of any of the players on 2 year deals by telling them they have no future and to find another club. Hartley did this and got rid of the likes of Kerr, Miller and Austin.

Tidser looks like he's being left out in the cold, so wouldn't surprise me if they try it with him

“Best player on the park” [emoji23]

Regan hendry was the best player by a mile
No one cares about your opinion on Regan Hemdry because of your repeated inability to say anything other than how amazing he is. You shouldnt be surprised if you get laughed out of most threads you participate in for this reason.

For the sake of the current argument though, McManus was instrumental in clawing back a result for a team with ten men from 13 minutes in.

Regan Hendry was the lynchpin of a team who failed to put away, then failed to keep out, a team with ten men. In their respective roles, its easy to see how McManus came out on top here. Hendry was neat and tidy but ultimately failed to influence the game to a meaningdul extent.

19 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I wonder if M&M will try and get rid of any of the players on 2 year deals by telling them they have no future and to find another club. Hartley did this and got rid of the likes of Kerr, Miller and Austin.

Tidser looks like he's being left out in the cold, so wouldn't surprise me if they try it with him

Ross McLean would be my number one alongside Duran.

Leitch, Moore and Toshney away in January imo.

Ross McLean would be my number one alongside Duran.
Leitch, Moore and Toshney away in January imo.
Toshney an absolute keeper on ability but huge ? Over how many games we would get out of him.

Tidser would likely find a club and would probably clear enough space for 2 on the wage bill so id empty him as a matter of priority. Pretty clear hes frozen out. No point in keeping wondering if he will come good IMO.

First game in a long time the players showed desire and fight, hopefully it's a sign of things to come under Miller and McCracken.
Enjoyed my saturday afternoon for a change and most enjoyable came of the season for me had a bit of everything both teams strived to play football and each had spells of dominance.
Think come May it will be between us and raith if we can keep that level up.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Toshney an absolute keeper on ability but huge ? Over how many games we would get out of him.

Tidser would likely find a club and would probably clear enough space for 2 on the wage bill so id empty him as a matter of priority. Pretty clear hes frozen out. No point in keeping wondering if he will come good IMO.

I’d want another centre half in as i can’t see Durnan being shifted in Jan, no way we’d run with 4 centre halves in the squad when Miller can drop in if needed.

Toshney is a good player but the injury record is the risk and that’s 3 games and he’s out already.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

I’d want another centre half in as i can’t see Durnan being shifted in Jan, no way we’d run with 4 centre halves in the squad when Miller can drop in if needed.

Toshney is a good player but the injury record is the risk and that’s 3 games and he’s out already.

First game that iv thought Miller has something to offer. Looking somewhat nostagically at it, he was like Scott McKenzie in jobbys team

Oh and Denny Fucking Johnstone.
You have to give him a certain amount credit. As a man who puts a great deal of stock in going to my work, taking the coin and flying under the radar. Can at least admire the sheer skill of a first team squad member being utterly forgotten about on a weekly basis.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

In position only

Hes nae Scott McKenzie, but as I scrape about for hope, relatively soeaking he looked like thats a role he can fulfil... 

Hes certainly no use in midfield where he seems adept at passing the ball straight out the park. That being said, he did well after we went to ten men like most others. Im content not to slag anyone off for this week except the little shithouse who put us in the position we were in, who hopefully never wears a Falkirk shirt again. 

“Best player on the park” [emoji23]

Regan hendry was the best player by a mile

He gave the ball away for Falkirk’s goal. He was much much better in the 2-2 game than yesterday