The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, BairnBrainBrian said:

I would be interested to know what M&M have done that has "highly impressed" the directors, it certainly cannot be anything that has happened during a match.

What exactly have they done to earn the permanent jobs?

Our directors are embarrassing.

I've asked this question of the fans numerous times - if you think this is the right appointment, what have you seen so far that makes you think it's the right appointment?

Absolutely no-one has answered it, instead giving it the ol' "get behind the boys and the team COYB" drivel you expect from the cereal-eaters.

I've asked this question of the fans numerous times - if you think this is the right appointment, what have you seen so far that makes you think it's the right appointment?
Absolutely no-one has answered it, instead giving it the ol' "get behind the boys and the team COYB" drivel you expect from the cereal-eaters.

Christmas spirit alive and well on this thread.
I’m away to eat some cornflakes....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Christmas spirit alive and well on this thread.
I’m away to eat some cornflakes....

Unfortunately 'Christmas Spirit" isn't going to get us promoted out of this league. Should we be less worried about the board's seemingly superhuman ability to make baffling decisions because it's the festive season?

This pish about 30 applicants as well. Are we really expected to believe that not a single one of them didn't have a better looking CV than the two complete novices that got the gig? Now we have to hope and pray that M&M somehow cast a magic spell that transforms the team rather than trust someone with a proven track record?

I know every new appointment is a gamble, but I have seen nothing to merit the lads getting the job.

It is bewildering. 

1 minute ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

This pish about 30 applicants as well. Are we really expected to believe that not a single one of them didn't have a better looking CV than the two complete novices that got the gig? Now we have to hope and pray that M&M somehow cast a magic spell that transforms the team rather than trust someone with a proven track record?

I know every new appointment is a gamble, but I have seen nothing to merit the lads getting the job.

It is bewildering. 

Yes, this.

I hope beyond hope that I'm wrong, but I worry the board have consigned us to playoffs at absolute best.

Unfortunately 'Christmas Spirit" isn't going to get us promoted out of this league. Should we be less worried about the board's seemingly superhuman ability to make baffling decisions because it's the festive season?

I’d like to give M and M a chance. I’ve already stated we don’t have the full picture of what goes on behind the scenes. It seems most on here expect a complete transformation overnight. I’ll give them to February as we need to see who they bring in as an example.

I’d like to give M and M a chance. I’ve already stated we don’t have the full picture of what goes on behind the scenes. It seems most on here expects a complete transformation overnight. I’ll give them to February as we need to see who they bring in as an example.

As I've said - several times - I am happy to give them a chance too.

My question is simple, though - if you believe that the board have made the correct decision, can you explain to me what you have seen in our previous three games that makes you believe the board have made the correct decision?

As I've said - several times - I am happy to give them a chance too.

My question is simple, though - if you believe that the board have made the correct decision, can you explain to me what you have seen in our previous three games that makes you believe the board have made the correct decision?

What don’t you get Gaz re the statement I’m saying for the third time...

‘We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes...’

You are judging them in results so far. Think there is a bigger picture here.

Incidentally, results haven’t exactly been dreadful...

What don’t you get Gaz re the statement I’m saying for the third time...
‘We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes...’

Behind the scenes doesn't win you football matches, champ. What happens on that big grassy bit every week does.

Behind the scenes doesn't win you football matches, champ. What happens on that big grassy bit every week does.

So far, 4 points from a possible 6.
As I said, unlike you, I’m willing to give them a chance.
Who knows, I may agree with your Scrooge mentality shortly. Hope not though.....

I agree they M&M should have been given a chance to show what they can do, but after 3 games that were definitely no improvement on RM's efforts, is that really the time to give them the job?

Why not give them 6 or 7 games then decide?

It is like our board deliberately set out to make themselves look like arseholes.

So far, 4 points from a possible 6.
As I said, unlike you, I’m willing to give them a chance.

Three points against the worst team in the league by a country mile. An utterly woeful performance against a team around our own level.

I have absolutely no idea why you're just fabricating the idea that I'm not willing to give them a chance. I am already on the record here and elsewhere as being more than willing to give them a chance, as I would with any new manager / player.

I hope I'm wrong, and that you're right. But we shall see.

12 goals in 19 games now for our "non-prolific" Declan McManus. Best player on the park today and rapidly becoming the key man. He looks rejuvenated now McKinnon is away.

It’s been some transformation from him the last few weeks, his attitude has completely turned around and his application has been great to see. His work rate and game intelligence much better than I gave him credit for before.

Louis and him were unplayable at times in that second half and if they can keep that level up they’ll be winning us points on their own. Keeping hold of Louis for the season is vital for us.