The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

And nothing will change whilst 4,000 muppets continue to endorse their actions by toddling along to the Stadium every other week like a flock of fu*king sheep and coughing up their dough.

Well if they go the way they are going and onother season in the seasides beckons they wont have 4000 muppets to endorse them and the longer we stay in this league the less it will get. I dont even think a season ticket boycott would have worked, they made sure of the GIRFUY with announcing the amount of season tickets sold just to emphasise the point with those of us that either did boycott or wouldnt renew for one reason or another. Think that was the indicator they were going nowhere tbh along with stringing along the other interested parties in taking over.

1 minute ago, Stuperman01 said:

Has anyone heard of new board members being elected on Monday? 

Will that not be to take over Lang and CC position as they werent filled when they stepped down ?.  pretty sure Lex position and AT were only temporary as they were working for FREE (aye right)

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Stadium and surrounding ground are owned by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd. This is a joint venture between Falkirk Football Club and the Council. The council operate and manage the day to day running the facility. Falkirk Football Cub are tenants.

From what I know and it is not certain FFC have approx. 30% shareholding in the joint venture.

Hope this is helpful.

Is helpful, does anyone know why we went from owning 5/7ths of brockville and getting money from morrisons for the new ground to only owning 30% of the new stadium? I'd say this is worse than anything the bod have done lately (if the figures are accurate) as year after year it costs us money! 

2 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Is helpful, does anyone know why we went from owning 5/7ths of brockville and getting money from morrisons for the new ground to only owning 30% of the new stadium? I'd say this is worse than anything the bod have done lately (if the figures are accurate) as year after year it costs us money! 

f**k knows but its got to be the worst deal ever.  the stadium & car park should be making us money 7 days  a week, the five aside pitches should have been kept up and used to generate revenue. instead we pay rent and are limited to the atsro turf to generate non matchday revenue. no wonder we are shite.  first rule of business is to have your assets working for you as much as possible

The Morrisons Money cleared the debt but what was left was going to make us homeless. The Council played a blinder. Bit of spare land which we later found out did not have planning permission for the anticipated hotel ( which was rumoured the council knew about ) but let FFC do the assuming it was. Council proposed the community stadium with the condition that it was a stand alone enterprise hence the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd. The council valued their own land ( putting a shark in charge of a swimming pool ) therefore they are the majority shareholders of the company.

Whoever buys the club therefore gets the minority stake in the community stadium company. 

Yep ! we got well and truly screwed. That is why buying the stadium company outright should come before a 4th stand.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

Never mind. We finally have a review to look forward to. Maybe it will be another of those “root and branch” type reviews that seem so popular.

Maybe even a new strategy too. It (like all the other recent strategies), will be new, but I’d prefer one that actually works. I must admit to having a chuckle at Lex positioning himself as the kind of chap with the intellectual horsepower to undertake this review and strategy implementation.

Looks like the keys to the sweetie shop are in the hands of yet another fantasist.

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Stadium and surrounding ground are owned by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd. This is a joint venture between Falkirk Football Club and the Council. The council operate and manage the day to day running the facility. Falkirk Football Cub are tenants.

From what I know and it is not certain FFC have approx. 30% shareholding in the joint venture.

Hope this is helpful.

Not correct AFAIK. The JV got disbanded many years ago. Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd own the main stand except the the seats. FFC lease space from them.  The car park is owned by the stadium company (which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Falkirk Council) 

The south stand is rented by FFC from Sandy Alexander. 

The north stand is owned by FFC via honouring of a debt incurred by the JV when it was in control. 

FFC own the pitch and I think SA through his property business owns some land behind the east side of the stadium. 

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Not correct AFAIK. The JV got disbanded many years ago. Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd own the main stand except the the seats. FFC lease space from them.  The car park is owned by the stadium company (which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Falkirk Council) 

The north stand is owned by FFC via honouring of a debt incurred by the JV when it was in control. 

FFC own the pitch and I think SA through his property business owns some land behind the east side of the stadium. 

Just for a taste, “South Stand Development Company Limited” was paid £75,000 in 2018 for rental of the South Stand (£72,729 in 2017). SDDC Ltd is Sandy Alexander.

Falkirk F.C. (Events) Limited generated £54,939 in 2018 (£39,492 in 2017), and is wholly owned by Falkirk F.C.

The question would be, what events took place to bring in the almost £55k, and that should give everyone an idea of what the team can expect from the concerts they had booked.

6 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Interesting post with everybody and their dog having a piece of the action.. Looked at Company Check UK which confirmed my post though.

One thing is for sure the stadium issue is a mess.

Does anybody have a document or a statement setting out the position as there are contradictions all over the place.

FFC buying the stadium outright looks like a non starter.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Interesting post with everybody and their dog having a piece of the action.. Looked at Company Check UK which confirmed my post though.

One thing is for sure the stadium issue is a mess.

Does anybody have a document or a statement setting out the position as there are contradictions all over the place.

FFC buying the stadium outright looks like a non starter.

We need to man up and tell anyone we are paying rent / rates to, we can't afford it, come up with a better deal. The stadium is no use to anyone, without a football team to play there.

46 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

We need to man up and tell anyone we are paying rent / rates to, we can't afford it, come up with a better deal. The stadium is no use to anyone, without a football team to play there.

You can look at the stadium thing 2 ways, the council are financially in the shit and any money they can make they are happy with hence the selling off the car park by kemper avenue and the battle of Falkirk site for 50k, right now would be a perfect time for to approach them to buy their stake in the stadium.  On the flip side given Falkirk council and particularly the Labour groups stance against all things Falkirk FC over the years they could make it difficult and bump up the price more than what it should be.

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Close the South Stand and move into the North Stand. There is no justification for shelling out 75k a year other than lining someone's pockets. 

Do you know what the deal is regarding the SS?

It *could* be that SA has leased it to FFC for a minimum number of years so that he would be guaranteed at least his money back.

But, if the  lease is on a yearly basis then I totally agree with you.

2 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Do you know what the deal is regarding the SS?

It *could* be that SA has leased it to FFC for a minimum number of years so that he would be guaranteed at least his money back.

But, if the  lease is on a yearly basis then I totally agree with you.

Can we all agree then the buying the stadium comes before a 4th stand ego trip ?

Can we all agree then the buying the stadium comes before a 4th stand ego trip ?

Absolutely, ownership of the stadium has the bonus of being able to rent out office space, take in car park revenues etc. Speculate to accumulate. Or maybe a touch too far fetched for lex...seeing his previous record on buying things for the council, couldn’t even buy the lot he was renting from them and it went to another bidder.