Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We had not long come out of prov liquidation for goodness sake. Who in their right mind was going to give us a loan to build a 6-10k seater stadium at brockville.  That and the council  owned a certain percentage of the brockville land. You can also  add to that the fact we had a 1.5million pound loan to pay off first to the guy down south who helped save the club. 

That is a similar position to where we are now. Only this time we don't have a stadium as security. There was a plan as I remember for a redeveloped Brockville that was financially viable but we went the new stadium route.

As I recollect the new stand was going to be shifted back. Making room for a bigger Watson Street stand. With 2nd phase for small stands behind the goal joining onto the 2 existing stands making it a totally enclosed seated stadium. 8-10,000 capacity. There was an artists impression going about at the time.

Anyway that's all academic, we are where we are. Minor stakeholders in a stadium and until that changes we cannot maximise income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Duncan Freemason is having the time of his life here eh. I don't necessarily disagree with some of what he's saying but the gleeful conjecture about problems we could face is a tough read. The board is a shambles and the players haven't performed as well as they should this season, we all get it. Framing it in multi paragraph word salad multiple times a day is a bit boring.

Spot on. His posts are god awful to read. Might put him on mute actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That is a similar position to where we are now. Only this time we don't have a stadium as security. There was a plan as I remember for a redeveloped Brockville that was financially viable but we went the new stadium route.

As I recollect the new stand was going to be shifted back. Making room for a bigger Watson Street stand. With 2nd phase for small stands behind the goal joining onto the 2 existing stands making it a totally enclosed seated stadium. 8-10,000 capacity. There was an artists impression going about at the time.

Anyway that's all academic, we are where we are. Minor stakeholders in a stadium and until that changes we cannot maximise income.

Yes it was knocked back because we didnt have the money. We dont owe anyone 1.5 million quid at the moment so at least we're better off in that respect. Moving was the only real option just a shame we didnt build a whole stadium with the cash instead of one white elephant of a stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That is a similar position to where we are now. Only this time we don't have a stadium as security. There was a plan as I remember for a redeveloped Brockville that was financially viable but we went the new stadium route.
As I recollect the new stand was going to be shifted back. Making room for a bigger Watson Street stand. With 2nd phase for small stands behind the goal joining onto the 2 existing stands making it a totally enclosed seated stadium. 8-10,000 capacity. There was an artists impression going about at the time.
Anyway that's all academic, we are where we are. Minor stakeholders in a stadium and until that changes we cannot maximise income.



Would love to see how that would’ve looked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That is a similar position to where we are now. Only this time we don't have a stadium as security. There was a plan as I remember for a redeveloped Brockville that was financially viable but we went the new stadium route.

As I recollect the new stand was going to be shifted back. Making room for a bigger Watson Street stand. With 2nd phase for small stands behind the goal joining onto the 2 existing stands making it a totally enclosed seated stadium. 8-10,000 capacity. There was an artists impression going about at the time.

Anyway that's all academic, we are where we are. Minor stakeholders in a stadium and until that changes we cannot maximise income.

Would have loved that but honestly can't remember it being an option or any fan pressure to stay - moving seemed the only way to go at the time.  

No doubt we're stuck with a horrendous stadium deal now though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we win our next 5 games then the job has to go to Miller and cracks


I think that is where the Board would have its biggest problem.

They have to decide if M&M are the right long term solution that can not only get us up but take us to near the top of the Championship.

Win the next few games and that call has to be made. Many will argue the guys have earned it.

If they do I would only give them it to the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watch Davie Ms interview on Falkirk TV interesting he mentioned "seeing the difference in a player and their attitude" wonder if thats a good or a bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Off topic, I usually drive to games but thinking of getting a supporters bus to a few away days. Any recommendations and what’s the usual price etc?

Probably depends on where you stay in Ayrshire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably depends on where you stay in Ayrshire.

I’d be driving to falkirk for the game, it’s more for the games north of the tayside as obviously airdrie, Clyde, and Dumbarton aren’t too far to travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:


I’d be driving to falkirk for the game, it’s more for the games north of the tayside as obviously airdrie, Clyde, and Dumbarton aren’t too far to travel.

So you'd be driving to Falkirk, getting on a bus then driving to Ayrshire when you get back? The Supporters Bus experience should surely involve alcohol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So you'd be driving to Falkirk, getting on a bus then driving to Ayrshire when you get back? The Supporters Bus experience should surely involve alcohol? 


Takes an hour per unit of alcohol to leave the system ;)

Seriously though, I don’t mind if I’m not drinking. Would rather travel with other fans as opposed to driving to places like Montrose on my own from ayrshire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

 

 


Would love to see how that would’ve looked

 

 

Somebody will have them somewhere. Was in the R&B Buffet next to the 1066 one night when the people pushing it had the artists impression and rough drawing laid out. But was not to be. Looked cracking though with the corners filled in except for the cable end of the house at Meeks Road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

 


Takes an hour per unit of alcohol to leave the system ;)

Seriously though, I don’t mind if I’m not drinking. Would rather travel with other fans as opposed to driving to places like Montrose on my own from ayrshire.

 

Elliots run a bus. Think the longer trips would be about a tenner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Takes an hour per unit of alcohol to leave the system default_wink.png

Seriously though, I don’t mind if I’m not drinking. Would rather travel with other fans as opposed to driving to places like Montrose on my own from ayrshire.


The FSA also run a bus leaving from Carronshore..easy to get to from the M9, well run bus too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Somebody will have them somewhere. Was in the R&B Buffet next to the 1066 one night when the people pushing it had the artists impression and rough drawing laid out. But was not to be. Looked cracking though with the corners filled in except for the cable end of the house at Meeks Road.

Wow , Mark Campbell was around even back then?

Was there a hotel on Hope Street as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think that is where the Board would have its biggest problem.
They have to decide if M&M are the right long term solution that can not only get us up but take us to near the top of the Championship.
Win the next few games and that call has to be made. Many will argue the guys have earned it.
If they do I would only give them it to the end of the season

 

I tend to agree with that. Most of the squad are tied up on two year deals so the likelihood of making wholesale changes next season is limited. Unless of course we have the cash to pay off a third set of players for the third year in succession, which considering the AGM figures looks unlikely.

So whoever takes charge won't be able to gut the playing squad as Hartley & McKinnon did. Their job will be to motivate and organise the existing players. If they show signs of doing that in the next few weeks then they should get the rest of the season to finish the job.

If we go up, they get a new deal. If we don't, advertise again and take it from there. To me the job is theirs to lose unless there is an absolute standout candidate from the list of applicants. And even then,  if we rack up performances and results in the interim then M&M should be in pole position.

Tomorrow may only be three points for our club but I think it's huge for them. There's likely to be only one week or maybe two before a decision is made on their futures so they need to impress against Stranraer and maybe East Fife.

Good luck to both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I tend to agree with that. Most of the squad are tied up on two year deals so the likelihood of making wholesale changes next season is limited. Unless of course we have the cash to pay off a third set of players for the third year in succession, which considering the AGM figures looks unlikely.

So whoever takes charge won't be able to gut the playing squad as Hartley & McKinnon did. Their job will be to motivate and organise the existing players. If they show signs of doing that in the next few weeks then they should get the rest of the season to finish the job.

If we go up, they get a new deal. If we don't, advertise again and take it from there. To me the job is theirs to lose unless there is an absolute standout candidate from the list of applicants. And even then,  if we rack up performances and results in the interim then M&M should be in pole position.

Tomorrow may only be three points for our club but I think it's huge for them. There's likely to be only one week or maybe two before a decision is made on their futures so they need to impress against Stranraer and maybe East Fife.

Good luck to both. 

This is it. We are diving right into the unknown here, both in terms of the quality/ability of the two guys we have in interim charge, and also who we can actually attract  to apply/take the job if not Cracks and BSLM. Any applicant is going to want to know the detailed transfer budget/strategy which we as fans aren't going to be told save for some lies and squabbling at the AGM. So there's so much unknown at play here... The only good thing in this scenario is that at least the unknown quantities in charge are guys who most if not all like and can get behind, so that's something for now, but it's stormy waters ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...